The National Testing Agency leads the UGC NET exam twice a year and due to the covid situation, currently, the exam is considered only once. The candidates planning for the UGC NET exam can use this time for their preparation completely. Under the guidance of NTA, the University Grants Commission (UGC) rules the UGC NET program for its competitors. To crack the exam, applicants must commit to the Best UGC NET Books which includes the plan directed by UGC for all the subjects.
Best UGC NET Books and learning matters perform a major function in the background of preparation. Hence, following the UGC NET syllabus and exam pattern will encourage applicants to prefer the exact UGC NET books for both papers; hence, before trying the UGC NET exam, you should have all the necessary UGC NET Books to develop your preparation properly. Furthermore, it will help you in saving time throughout the preparation. Check here to know about the UGC NET books for Paper I (Teaching & Research Aptitude) and Paper-II (Subject Specific Test). Read further for the UGC NET preparation books.
Get a free mock test series and start preparing now!
Best Books for UGC NET 2022
Paper one is the common paper where all the candidates have to answer and get qualified equally for paper 1. It considers generally topics and teaching aptitude tests as well as reasoning etc which applies to a competitive exam. Here are the UGC NET best books
- Trueman’s General Paper I by M. Gagan, Sajit Kumar
- NTA – Paper 1 by KVS Madaan
- 2019 Latest Syllabus – Paper 1 by Harpreet Kaur
- NTA UGC Paper 1 by Arihant Experts
- NTA UGC Paper 1 by Dr Usha Rani Jain
- General Awareness- Manorama Yearbook –
- Computer Awareness by Mini Goyal and Shweta Rani
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggrawal
- Quantitative Aptitude by N.K.Singh
- NTA Solves papers by Dr Rashmi Singh
- NTA UGC Topic-wise 52 solves papers by Disha Experts
- CSIR – UGC NET – Exam Solved Papers Physical Science by Pratiyogita Darpan
Best Books for UGC NET 2022: Subject wise
The given below is the list of the best study materials and the books that the candidates can follow for the UGC NET examination 2022.
Paper 1 test of UGC NET consist of teaching and reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, research aptitude, and general awareness of the candidate. This paper has 50 questions for 100 marks.
|Title of the Book||Name of Author(s)||Publisher and Edition|
|Trueman’s UGC NETor SET General Paper I||M. Gagan, Sajit Kumar||Danika Publishing Company|
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF (Paper 1 )||KVS Madaan||Pearson Education, Third Edition|
|2019 Latest Syllabus of NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – (Paper 1 )||Harpreet Kaur||Oxford University Press, First Edition,|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF of (Paper 1 )||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publications, Eleventh Edition|
|NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF of (Paper 1 )||Dr. Usha Rani Jain||JBC Press, First Edition|
|CBSE UGC-NET – Teaching and Research Aptitude||Dr. M.S. Ansari & RPH Editorial Board||Ramesh Publishing House,|
The Paper II of UGC NET Examination will have 100 questions and scoring every good mark, candidate can use the study materials given below.
|Subject Name||List Of Prescribed UGC NET Books|
|Economics / Co-operation / Demography / Rural Economics /Development Planning/Development Eco./Business Economics/Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics||Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Author Srinivas ShirurUGC NET/JRF/SET Economics (Paper-II) -Upkar Prakashan|
|Political Science||Trueman’s UGC NET Political Science by K.A. Babu, Sajit Kumar. UGC Net Political Science by Rukmini Bhattacharjee|
|UGC NET Books for Psychology||Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharsh and UGC Net Psychology 2018 by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu|
|Sociology||Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain (Author)|
|History||Trueman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh (Author)|
|Anthropology||Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M. Tripathi (Author)|
|Commerce||Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani (Author)|
|Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by GaganManocha (Author)|
|Social Work||Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal (Author)|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||CBSE UGC-NET-JRF (Defense And Strategic Studies)|
|Home Science||Trueman’s UGC-NET Home Science by Anju Khosla|
|Public Administration||UGC Net Public Administration 2018 by Deepak Swain Trueman’s UGC NET Public Administration by Sajit Kumar|
|Population Studies||Principles of Population Studies by Bhende, Himalayan Publishing House|
|Music||UGC NET Music Exam Guide by Gunjan Saxena and Nisha Rawa|
|Management||Trueman’s UGC-NET Management by M. Shivani (Author)UGC NET Management by Mohit Aggarwal|
|Bengali||Bengali NETor SET by Balaram Bapari|
|Hindi||Board of Authors’s Trueman’s UGC NET Hindi Sahitya|
|UGC NET Books for Kannada||Samagra Kannada Sahitya Kaipidi – Useful For NET (UGC), K-SET by Lokesha Masavanaghatta|
|Malayalam||UGC NET Malayalam Pareeksha Sahayi by Sasidharan A.P. (Author)|
|Odia||UGC NET Odia PAPER-II & III|
|Punjabi||U.G.C. NET PUNJABI by Universal|
|Sanskrit||UGC NET/JRF/SLET Sanskrit Prashan Patra-II Avum III (Hindi) by Priyanka Tiwari. Arihant Experts (Publisher)|
|Telugu||UGC NET & SET (Telugu Literature) by GanjiShashidar, Pothula Venkateshwar Reddy (Author)|
|Urdu||UGC-NET JRF & Assistant Professor Khazeen-E-Adab Urdu by M.Arshad Ansari and M. S. Ansari|
|English||UGC NET or SET English Literature by Arihant Experts|
|Linguistics||UGC NETor SET Linguistics Guide by Ringu Ann Baby|
|Assamese||UGC/CBSE NET Set Guide By Assam Publishing Company (Assamese) ASHIM CHUTIA -Author|
|Gujarati||UGC NET/GCET-Commerce Paper (in Gujarati) by Mukesh M Bavaliya (Author)|
|Adult Education/Continuing Education/ Andragogy/Non-Formal Education||A brief Book on Extension Education by Author Shruti Madan Singh. New Vishal Publications|
|UGC NET Books for Physical Education||Trueman’s UGC NET Physical Education by Akhilesh Tripathi and A.K. Srivastava|
|UGC NET Books for Labour Welfare, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, Labour and Social Welfare, Human Resource Management||Trueman’s UGC NET HRM or Human Resource Management & Labour Welfare by Reetu DograUGC-NET – Labour Welfare & Industrial Relations / Labour & Social Welfare or Human Resource Management Exam Guide|
|Law||Trueman’s UGC NET Law by Suman ChauhanUGC-NET: Law (Paper-II) Exam Guide by Aproov Bhardwaj|
|Information Science & Library||Trueman’s UGC NET Library and Information Science by S. Thakur|
|Buddhist, Gandhian, Jain & Peace Studies||UGC NET Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies by Deepak Kumar (Author)|
|Comparative Study of Religions||Comparative Study of Religions by C.R. JainComparative Study of Religions by Y. Masih (Author)|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||Trueman’s UGC NET Mass Communication & Journalism by Sameer K. Mishra and UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Atul Udaipuria and Nitesh Kumar Singh (Arihant Experts)|
|Museology and Conservation||Museology, Archaeology, and Conservation – A review Edited by Vibha Upadhaya|
|UGC NET Books for Archaeology||UGC NET/JRF Archaeology and Philosophy Paper by Mohan Lal|
|Criminology||(UGC-NET/JRF) Criminology Solved Question Paper by Mr. Nitish Kumar Soni Dr. Mridul Srivastava and Dr. Anup Yadava (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Tribal and Regional Language Or Literature||Folklore and Its Motifs in Tribal Literature by Dr. Kishore Jadav|
|Folk Literature||A Concise Guide for NET or JRF by Marya Naim (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Sanskrit traditional||UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Sanskrit Prashan-Patra II Avum III by Priyanka Tiwari (Author)|
|Women Studies (UGC NET)||Advanced Manual For Women Studies UGC/CBSE -NET or JRF by Anmol Murlidhar Nimsadkar (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Visual Art||Upkar’s UGC-NET/JRF/SET Visual Art (Paper-II) by M. Vasim (Author)|
|Geography||Trueman’s UGC NET Geography by A. Magon, B.P. Panigrahi (Author)|
|Forensic Science (explains the entire forensic Science)||Forensic Science UGC NET or JRF-MCQ by Dr. Anu Singla (Author)|
|UGC NET Books for Computer Science and Applications||Trueman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science and Applications by Author Sanjay Singhal, Sameer Mishra|
|Electronic Science (explains the entire electric and it’s science)||CBSE UGC NET/SET ELECTRONIC SCIENCE by Sunil Kushwaha|
|Environmental Sciences||Trueman’s UGC NET Environmental Science by Author Anil Tyagi and Virendra Singh|
|Human Rights and Duties||UGC NET/SET (JFR&LS) Human Rights & Duties Paper II & III by Author Fazil Atul UdaipuriaArihant Experts UGC NET Human Rights and Duties|
|Tourism Administration and Management.||Trueman’s UGC NET Tourism by Author Akhilesh|
|Yoga||UGC-NET Yoga Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board of R.Gupta|
The candidates who are preparing for the UGC NET can refer to the above-given books and make their short notes for future revision. It is also necessary to cover the wide range of syllabus for each subject. So the candidates can choose some easy smart tricks to learn better. Make sure you watch some video lectures regarding your field. Try some mock tests and previous year question papers to get familiarity with the exam pattern. Ensure to check the exam pattern if you are not sure about it. Try the best guides and sample questions package. If possible highlight the important areas rather than scanning all the information in eh book. This will help in the final revision stage. Make sure to prepare for paper 1 too and don’t skip that part.
Kick start your UGC NET exam preparations now with Entri App!
Preparation Tips for UGC NET 2022
The given below are the detailed preparation tips that the candidates can follow during the UGC NET exam preparation so as to make the exam preparation strategic and result oriented.
- Study Plan– A well-planned study routine will ensure you get the desired and deserved output.
- Stick to the Syllabus– Just focus on the syllabus that’s mentioned on the official website. Don’t go looking for extras.
- Manage your Time– Well planned is half done. So keep track of your time and manage it efficiently.
- Practice Mock Tests– Mock tests will level up your confidence and boost your study goals. Click here for attempting Mock Tests.
- Study Notes – Make your own study notes as this will help you in revision and last-minute preparations.
- Stay Healthy – A lot of preparations requires a lot of strength and well being. Eat healthily and stay hydrated along the way.
- Rest and Sleep – Give your body the rest it needs as it will make you stay fit and stay focused.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Answer key||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|
Discussion about this post