University Grants Commission conducts the National Eligibility Test for eligible candidates for recruiting to the post of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow (JRF) twice a year. Every year lakhs of aspirants are applying and appearing for the NET examination from various part of the country as it is one of the most elite positions in the country. To score a good rank on this examination it is very important to know the examination pattern, job profile, and exam syllabus. For the interested candidates to apply for the post, it is necessary that they possess certain qualifications as UGC NET Eligibility Criteria. Candidates who are appearing for the examination must have these qualifications are requested to go through UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2022.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Union Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is conducted under the watch of National Testing Agency every two years. Apart from the online written examination, one thing that makes the entry hard is the eligibility criteria. Candidates who are applying for the post must possess certain eligibilities so as to apply for the examination. Here are the complete details regarding UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2022. Candidates who wish to apply for the posts please go through the article completely.
UGC NET Age Limit
As per the notification which is published by UGC, a candidate who is applying for the National Eligibility Test examination must come under a certain age limit. Here are the requirements for the candidates to apply for the post.
- To apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Candidates should not be aged more than 31 years as of 1st March 2021 otherwise will be considered not eligible.
- For applying to the role of Assistant Professor, there is no age limit set by the agency.
- SC/ST/OBC/PwD and women candidates will be given a relaxation of five years. Candidates who have research experience will be given relaxation, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant subject of Post-Graduation degree.
- Candidates holding LLM degree will have three years relaxation in age criteria.
UGC NET Educational Qualification
Candidates who are applying for the examination must have certain educational qualifications as per the notification published by UGC. Here is the detail regarding the educational qualifications a candidate must possess in order to apply for the post.
- Candidates should secure at least 55 percent marks in master’s degree exam candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Other Backward Class (OBC)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category is given relaxation of five percent.
- Candidates should have a post-graduation degree from a UGC recognized college or university in relevant streams such as Electronic Science, Humanities, Computer Science & Applications, Social Science etc.
- Candidates appearing or waiting for their final year results (master’s degree) are also eligible to apply online for UGC NET. However, such candidates will be accepted provisionally and will be considered eligible only when they pass their master’s exam with the required percentage. “Such candidates need to complete their PG degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified”, notifies the Official website.
- Those who hold Ph.D. degree whose master’s exams completed on September 19, 1991, are eligible for a relaxation of five percent marks in the aggregate i.e. only 50 percent marks will be required for such candidates.
UGC NET Nationality
As per the requirements put forward by the UGC, candidates must be A Citizen of India for applying and appearing for the examination. The candidates must possess certain documents recommended by the commission to prove their nationality. Some of the documents are:
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- School Leaving Certificate
UGC NET Application Form 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE every year for the recruitment of eligible candidates for various teaching roles at various educational institutions across the country. The application for the examination has to be made by the candidates in online format. As the recruitment commission publishes the official notification through the official website, candidates can use the application link given below to apply for the post and fill out the online application form.
How To Apply for UGC NET 2022?
The steps to apply for the exam are as follows:
STEP 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of UGC NET by entering ugcnet.nta.nic.in in the browser.
- Click on the appropriate button on to fill the Application Form present on the home page.
- A new page will appear where you need to click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it carefully and acknowledge by clicking on the ‘checkbox’. Thereafter, click on the button proceed button.
- Enter all the basic details asked for, such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- After successful submission of the form, an Application Number and Password will be given. Take down the number and password for future use.
Step 2: Apply for UGC NET 2022
- Login to your account using your Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
- Personal Details
- Candidate’s Communication Details
- Educational Details
After filling in all the details, verify them and click on“Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Photograph And Signature
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photo and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The scanned image of the photograph should be 3.5cm X 4.5 cm in dimension. Its size should be between 10kb to 200kb.
- The scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb in size and should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm in dimension.
- After uploading the document candidates can click on the “Submit” button.
Step 4: Online Fee Payment
- Once you have successfully uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the applicable fee.
- Candidates can pay the fees through online mode
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the fee.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application.
UGC NET 2022 Application Fee
The UGC NET application fee for different categories are as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|OBC – NCL/ Gen – EWS Candidates||500/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender Candidates||250/-|
Note that the UGC NET application form fee is not refundable.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and this examination follows certain examination pattern. The given below are the details that are related to the UGC NET exam pattern 2022.
The UGC NET examination 2022 consists of 2 papers. They are
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
The complete details regarding the exam structure that is followed in paper 1 and paper 2 is given below.
- The Paper I will test the candidates on areas such as teaching and research aptitude. It will comprise of topics like reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness, and divergent thinking.
- While the Paper-II will be based on the subject selected from the 81 subjects (like Political Science, Philosophy, History, Commerce, Music, etc.) by the candidate.
- The UGC NET question paper will be objective type.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- The first session will be for Paper I, where it includes 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The second session will be for Paper II. The question paper will include 100 questions for 200 marks.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I
Paper I of UGC NET will be generic and it will test the teaching aptitude and reasoning ability of the teachers.
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
- The questions will be objective type.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper I will be for a duration of 1 hour.
- No negative marking for wrong answers in Paper I.
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper II
Paper-II of the UGC NET is going to be subject-based. The candidates will be asked questions based on the subject they choose. The paper will be objective type.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Chosen subject by the candidate||100||200|
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II will have a duration of 2 hours.
- No negative marking will be given for wrong answers in Paper-II.
UGC NET Syllabus 2022
UGC conducts the National Eligibility Test as two papers. Candidates who are appearing for the examination should score good marks in both papers to score a good rank in the final rank list.
Paper I syllabus
Paper I is on General Research Aptitude and Teaching skills. These are the topic that has to be covered for this section.
UGC NET Paper-I Unit wise Subjects
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding & reflective), characteristics along with basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent & adult learners (academic, social, emotional & cognitive), individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment as well as Institution
- Methods of teaching in universities of higher learning: Teacher centered against. learner-centered methods; offline against online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern as well as ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements & types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit System as in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations which take place in evaluation systems
Unit-II: In case of Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, & characteristics, positivism as well as a post-positivist approach to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps for conducting a research
- Thesis & article writing: Format as well as styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in the research field
- Ethical research
- A passage of text shall be given. Questions shall be asked from the passage from where it is to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types & characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal & non-verbal, inter-cultural & group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers in case of effective communication
- Mass-media & society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes & relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time and distance, ratio, proportion & percentage, profit & loss, interest & discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood & figure, formal with informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations as well as denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition
- Evaluating & distinguishing deductive & inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple & multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) & Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure with kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition & classification of data
- Quantitative & qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart & line-chart) along with mapping of the required data
- Data interpretation
- Data & governance
- Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations & terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio & Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in terms of higher education
- ICT & Governance
Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment
- Development & environment: Millennium development with Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities & their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional & global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste(solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change & its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural & energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear & Forests
- Natural hazards & disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning & education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning & research in post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional & non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical along skill-based education.
- Value education & environmental education
- Policies, governance, as well as administration
In the paper II portion of the UGC NET examination, candidates can select an atopic as their elective from a total of 84 subjects. The details regarding the complete list of electives are available from the UGC Official website. Here are some of the most important portions as well as topics that are usually covered in Paper II of the UGC NET examination 2021.
|Names of the Subject||Important Topics of the UGC NET Paper-II 2021|
|Commerce||Accounting along with Auditing|
|Banking & Financial Institutions|
|Income-tax with Corporate tax Planning|
|Business Statistics & Research Method|
|Legal Aspects of Business for understanding business|
|English||Fiction as well as Short Stories|
|Cultural Studies Topic|
|Non-Fictional Prose Topic|
|Literary Theory Post World War II – Summary|
|Literary Criticism Topic|
|Computer Science||Theory of Computation & Compilers|
|Data Structures with Algorithms|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|DBMS (Database Management System)|
|System Software and Operating System|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour Topic|
|Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis|
|Financial Management as well as Concept and Functions|
|Growth and Development with Economics|
|Public Economics Topic|
|Education||Curriculum Studies Topic|
|Research in Education Topic|
|Teacher Education Topic|
|Learner & Learning Process|
|History, Politics & Economics of Educational|
|Library Science||Research Methods Topic|
|Library Automation topic|
|Financial Management in Libraries Topic|
|Right to Information Act (RTI) Topic|
|Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes – DDC, UDC as well as CC|
|Political Science||Comparative Politics Analysis Topic|
|Political Institutions in India Topic|
|Governance & Public Policy in India|
|Public Administration Topic|
|HRM(Human Resource Management)||Collective Bargaining Topic|
|Job Analysis Topic|
|Labour Welfare Topic|
|Labour Legislation Topic|
|Trade Unions Topic|
|Law||Constitutional & Administrative Law|
|Public International Law & IHL (International Humanitarian Law)|
|Family Law Topic|
|Environment & Human Rights Law|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Answer key||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|