University Grants Commission has conducts the National Eligibility Test for eligible candidates Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Assistant Professor twice a year. This is one of the best opportunities for the candidates to be selected for the post may appear for the examination. Every year lakhs of aspirants are applying and appearing for the NET examination as it is one of the most elite positions in the country. Clearing this examination provides the opportunity for candidates to teach in the elite institutions across the country and also a good salary. To score a good rank on this examination it is very important to know the examination pattern, job profile, and exam syllabus. Here are the complete details and analysis regarding UGC NET Salary 2022. Candidates who are appearing for the examination are requested to go through the complete article to know more about UGC NET Salary 2022.
Download Entri App! Start your UGC NET exam preparation now!
UGC NET Salary Structure
University Grants Commission promises a good salary package to all the candidates who are clearing the examination. According to the latest notification from UGC, the salary for candidates who are clearing the examination is 5,000 INR per month for the post of assistant professor, 80,000INR per month for the post of associate professor, and 82,000INR per month for the post of professor.
Get Free Coaching for UGC NET Exams!
UGC NET In Hand Salary
The salaries given for various posts are different according to the notification by University Grants Commission. Here are the complete details regarding the post-wise salary structure.
For Assistant Professor: Candidates can expect a handsome salary in the range of Rs 25000 to 50,000/- initially depending upon the university & the skill of the candidates.
For Junior Research Fellowship: For the first two years, the fellowship of Rs 31000/- plus HRA (Depend on the institution). For the next three years the fellowship of Rs 35000/- plus HRA (Depend on the institution).
|Job Position||Salary Structure (Approx)|
|Assistant Professor (Junior)||INR 4.92 LPA|
|Assistant Professor||INR 5.75 LPA|
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||INR 6.80 to 9.33 LPA|
|Associate Professor||INR 9.33 LPA|
|Professor||INR 11.88 LPA|
Apart from this, the candidates will also receive various salary bonuses and allowances as they enter the job roles by clearing the UGC NET examination 2022.
Get your UGC NET exam study materials now from Entri App!
UGC NET Salary Slip
Salary Slip is one of the most important documents that the candidates will receive along with the monthly salary from the employer. This salary slip is a valid document that showed thee employment status of the candidates along with their salary and its break down. Analysing the salary slip will help the candidates to understand regarding the salary decision and also this document can be used as a proof for the employment and the income tax returns.
UGC NET Job Promotions
Qualifying the UGC NET can open a career path for various posts across various colleges’ across the country. Here will discuss about some of the best career paths which you can take up after qualifying the UGC NET 2021.
Junior Research Fellow
Candidates who have cleared the examination can enroll themselves for the Ph.D. course offered by universities and IIMs.
- After qualifying NET Junior Research Fellow and enrolling in a PhD course, the candidate is awarded a fellowship for five years by the UGC.
- For the first two years, the fellowship of 31000/- + Home Rent Allowance per month (depends on different institutes) and for the next three years, the fellowship of Rs 35000/- + House Rent Allowance per month (depends on different institutes) is provided to the fellowship holders.
- In addition to it, several other grants may also be provided depending on the policy of the concerned university to the fellowship holders. The fellowship offered by private universities and IIMs varies depending on their respective program policies
- Qualifying Junior Research Fellow offers dual benefits i.e. stipend like a regular job and a Doctorate Degree.
- The next option is to work as a researcher in a corporate firm. Many corporate companies conduct the research activities using the Junior Research Fellows and this is a great career path.
Free UGC NET Study materials! Register Now
After Qualifying as an Assistant Professor
Qualified candidates can take up the job of assistant professor in some of the best organizations in the country. Here are the career turns that a candidate can take after qualifying as an Assistant Professor.
- UGC-NET exam makes the candidate eligible for the post of Assistant Professor at some of the most elite institutions in the country.
- They can explore the best institutes across the country and start applying for the post of Assistant Professor with their valid scorecard from the examination.
- Candidates can expect a lucrative pay in the range of 35,000/- to 60,000/- per month in the starting phase based on the scores, skills, and colleges.
- The qualifiers can also avail other career options by joining as a faculty at a coaching institute to train the aspirants for UGC-NET Exam.
Job in Public Sector Union Companies
Candidates can apply for jobs in PSU companies like ONGC, NTPC, EdCIL etc to various posts. Candidates who aspire to work in government organizations can apply for the recruitment process with their UGC NET scorecard.
UGC NET Salary Benefits 2022
Apart from this basic salary, certain allowances are also given to the employees. Here are the details about the perks and benefits that an employee who is clearing the UGC NET apart from his basic salary will get.
- NTA UGC NET JRF Fellowship: One of the most common and the best benefits for the candidates who clear UGC NET is that the candidates get eligible for JRF Fellowship. This helps a lot for the candidates who wish to go for other higher studies such as Ph.D. and M.Phil. Under the JRF scholarship, the eligible candidates get Rs. 31,000 for the first 2 years and then Rs. 35,000 for the rest of the tenure as a stipend. Apart from this amount, the candidates who live outside the college campus will get a certain amount as the House Rent Allowance amount.
- NTA UGC NET Job Promotion: Candidates who have cleared the UGC NET examination will not just get promotions in the positions of professors or assistant professors but also in other areas such as research work and scientific streams. If you work as a laboratory assistant in a private or a Government institute, you can always get a promotion in your work after you have scored well in the NTA UGC NET and have qualified in the exam.
- Candidates who are clearing the UGC NET examination 2022 are also eligible for certain jobs in Public Sector Companies and a good amount of salary is also offered to them as part of the package.
Click here to know more about UGC NET examination 2022!
UGC NET Syllabus 2022
UGC conducts the National Eligibility Test as two papers. Candidates who are appearing for the examination should score good marks in both papers to score a good rank in the final rank list.
Paper I syllabus
Paper I is on General Research Aptitude and Teaching skills. These are the topic that has to be covered for this section.
UGC NET Paper-I Unit wise Subjects
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding & reflective), characteristics along with basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent & adult learners (academic, social, emotional & cognitive), individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment as well as Institution
- Methods of teaching in universities of higher learning: Teacher centered against. learner-centered methods; offline against online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern as well as ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements & types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit System as in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations which take place in evaluation systems
Unit-II: In case of Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, & characteristics, positivism as well as a post-positivist approach to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps for conducting a research
- Thesis & article writing: Format as well as styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in the research field
- Ethical research
- A passage of text shall be given. Questions shall be asked from the passage from where it is to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types & characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal & non-verbal, inter-cultural & group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers in case of effective communication
- Mass-media & society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes & relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time and distance, ratio, proportion & percentage, profit & loss, interest & discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood & figure, formal with informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations as well as denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition
- Evaluating & distinguishing deductive & inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple & multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) & Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure with kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition & classification of data
- Quantitative & qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart & line-chart) along with mapping of the required data
- Data interpretation
- Data & governance
- Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations & terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio & Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in terms of higher education
- ICT & Governance
Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment
- Development & environment: Millennium development with Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities & their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional & global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste(solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change & its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural & energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear & Forests
- Natural hazards & disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning & education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning & research in post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional & non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical along skill-based education.
- Value education & environmental education
- Policies, governance, as well as administration
Click here to know more about Govt Exams!
In the paper II portion of the UGC NET examination, candidates can select an atopic as their elective from a total of 84 subjects. The details regarding the complete list of electives are available from the UGC Official website. Here are some of the most important portions as well as topics that are usually covered in Paper II of the UGC NET examination 2021.
|Names of the Subject||Important Topics of the UGC NET Paper-II 2021|
|Commerce||Accounting along with Auditing|
|Banking & Financial Institutions|
|Income-tax with Corporate tax Planning|
|Business Statistics & Research Method|
|Legal Aspects of Business for understanding business|
|English||Fiction as well as Short Stories|
|Cultural Studies Topic|
|Non-Fictional Prose Topic|
|Literary Theory Post World War II – Summary|
|Literary Criticism Topic|
|Computer Science||Theory of Computation & Compilers|
|Data Structures with Algorithms|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|DBMS (Database Management System)|
|System Software and Operating System|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour Topic|
|Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis|
|Financial Management as well as Concept and Functions|
|Growth and Development with Economics|
|Public Economics Topic|
|Education||Curriculum Studies Topic|
|Research in Education Topic|
|Teacher Education Topic|
|Learner & Learning Process|
|History, Politics & Economics of Educational|
|Library Science||Research Methods Topic|
|Library Automation topic|
|Financial Management in Libraries Topic|
|Right to Information Act (RTI) Topic|
|Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes – DDC, UDC as well as CC|
|Political Science||Comparative Politics Analysis Topic|
|Political Institutions in India Topic|
|Governance & Public Policy in India|
|Public Administration Topic|
|HRM(Human Resource Management)||Collective Bargaining Topic|
|Job Analysis Topic|
|Labour Welfare Topic|
|Labour Legislation Topic|
|Trade Unions Topic|
|Law||Constitutional & Administrative Law|
|Public International Law & IHL (International Humanitarian Law)|
|Family Law Topic|
|Environment & Human Rights Law|
Click here to get the latest updates on UGC NET Examination!
Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Notification||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Answer key|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|
Discussion about this post