UGC NET or National Eligibility Test is conducted twice in a year for shortlisting candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Government Universities and Colleges. National Testing Agency or NTA UGC NET exam is conducted in the month of June & December every year. As per the latest statement from the HRD Ministry, the examination will now be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). In fact, UGC NET 2020 which is scheduled in the month of June would be the third exam of NTA. This article contains information on “UGC NET 2020 Notification Released – Apply Online”. Please go through carefully before applying for the post online.
UGC NET 2020 Notification
NTA in co-operation with UGC has released UGC NET 2020 notification for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). With this, the online application process for UGC NET June 2020 has begun from the 16th of March. UGC NET online application window is from 16th March 2020 to 16th April 2020. 16th April 2020 is the last date for the online application.
UGC NET is one of the admired exams in India. All candidates who have a Master’s Degree OR equivalent are allowed to appear for this exam. The exam will be conducted in 224 selected cities in India.
UGC NET Online Application 2020
UGC NET 2020 Overview:
|Exam Name||UGC NET or University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Posts||Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship& Assistant Professor|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UGC NET Online Application 2020: Important Dates
|Events||UGC NET 2020 June Dates|
|Release of Online Application||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||April 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||April 17, 2020|
|Application Form Correction||April 18 to 24, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||May 15, 2020|
|Exam Date||June 15 to 20, 2020|
UGC NET Online Application – Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria which is listed below:
For JRF: Candidates must be less than 30 years of age as on 01-06-2020.
|OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender/ Women Applicants||5 Years|
|Candidates with research experience (with valid Certificate)||Max. 5 Years (limited to a period spent on research)|
|Candidates with LLM Degree||3 Years|
|Candidates who have served the armed forces||Max. 5 Years|
For Assistant Professor: No upper age limit to apply for UGC NET 2020
Candidates have to secure at least 55% of marks in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from an authorized university recognized by UGC. The reserved category aspirants will have to secure at least 50% of the marks.
The Doctorate(Ph.D.) degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed on or before the 19th of September 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
How To Apply for UGC NET 2020?
The steps to apply for the exam are as follows:
STEP 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of UGC NET by entering ugcnet.nta.nic.in in the browser.
- Click on the appropriate button on to fill the Application Form present on the home page.
- A new page will appear where you need to click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it carefully and acknowledge by clicking on the ‘checkbox’. Thereafter, click on the button proceed button.
- Enter all the basic details asked for, such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- After successful submission of the form, an Application Number and Password will be given. Take down the number and password for future use.
Step 2: Apply for UGC NET 2020
- Login to your account using your Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
- Personal Details
- Candidate’s Communication Details
- Educational Details
After filling in all the details, verify them and click on“Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Photograph And Signature
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photo and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The scanned image of the photograph should be 3.5cm X 4.5 cm in dimension. Its size should be between 10kb to 200kb.
- The scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb in size and should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm in dimension.
- After uploading the document candidates can click on the “Submit” button.
Step 4: Online Fee Payment
- Once you have successfully uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the applicable fee.
- Candidates can pay the fees through online mode
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the fee.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application.
UGC NET 2020 Application Fee
The UGC NET application fee for different categories are as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|OBC – NCL/ Gen – EWS Candidates||500/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender Candidates||250/-|
Note that the UGC NET application form fee is not refundable.