UGC NET or National Eligibility Test is conducted twice in a year for shortlisting candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Government Universities and Colleges. National Testing Agency or NTA UGC NET exam is conducted in the month of June & December every year. As per the latest statement from the HRD Ministry, the examination will now be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). In fact, UGC NET 2022 which is scheduled in the month of June would be the third exam of NTA. Online Application Window has been opened by NTA or National Testing Agency on its official website. Candidates can fill out the online Application form from 30 April. This article contains information on “UGC NET 2022 Notification Released – Apply Online”. Please go through carefully before applying for the post online. The candidates who are aspiring to apply for the UGC NET examination 2022 can now go though the complete article to get an idea regarding the examination and the important dates that are associated with the examination.
The NTA has extended the deadline for submitting the UGC NET Application Form 2022 until May 30, 2022. On April 30, 2022, the NTA published the UGC NET Application Form 2022 on its official website. Candidates could previously apply for the UGC NET Exam 2022 till May 20, 2022. Candidates who wish to apply for the UGC NET Exam 2022 must now submit a valid and complete application form by May 30, 2022. (5:00 PM).
UGC NET 2022 Notification
UGC NET is one of the admired exams in India. All candidates who have a Master’s Degree OR equivalent are allowed to appear for this exam. The exam will be conducted in 224 selected cities in India.
UGC NET 2022 Overview
|Exam Name||UGC NET or University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Posts||Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship& Assistant Professor|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UGC NET Online Application 2022 Important Dates
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) for JRF or ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ and eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ in 82 subjects in CBT/Computer Based Test mode.
The slots of Junior Research Fellowship of both UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 cycles have been merged while the methodology for Subject wise cum Category-wise allocation of JRF remain unchanged.
|UGC NET Events||Tentative Exam Dates|
|Commencement of Official Registration||30 April 2022|
|Last date of Submission||20 May 2022|
|Opening of the Correction window||21 to 23 May 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th Week of May 2022 (tentative)|
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Date||1st Week of June 2022 (tentative)|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd Week of June 2022 (tentative)|
|Announcement of Results||4th Week of June 2022 (tentative)|
|UGC NET December 2021||Combined with UGC NET June 2022|
UGC NET Vacancy 2022
UGC NET is one of the most important and sought-after government examinations that is been held in the country. There are candidates from various parts of the country who are appearing for the examination every year. The NET examination is conducted by the CBSE for the selection of eligible candidates for various teaching positions across various states and schools in the country. The official details regarding the notification and the vacancy list will be published by the recruitment commission through the official website. The complete details regarding the UGC NET will be also updated in this article as the recruitment commission publishes the official notification.
UGC NET Salary 2022
UGC NET guarantees esteemed job positions as Assistant Professors and JRFs. The salary packages for different job positions are given below:
|Job Position||Salary Structure (Approx)|
|Assistant Professor (Junior)||INR 4.92 LPA|
|Assistant Professor||INR 5.75 LPA|
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||INR 6.80 to 9.33 LPA|
|Associate Professor||INR 9.33 LPA|
|Professor||INR 11.88 LPA|
Apart from this, the candidates will also receive various salary bonuses and allowances as they enter the job roles by clearing the UGC NET examination 2022.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2022
UGC NET Age Limit
For JRF: Candidates must be less than 30 years of age as on 01-06-2020.
- There is no maximum age limit for the post of Assistant Professor.
- Candidates applying for a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must not be more than 31 years.
- There is no particular age limit for Lecturer-ship.
- Age relaxation is provided to the reserved category candidates as per the Government of India norms to apply for UGC NET JRF:
|Category||UGC NET Age Limit|
|SC/ST, OBC/Women/PwD/ Transgender||5 years (Up to the age of 36 Years)|
|Candidates having research experience||Maximum 5 years spent on research|
|Candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree||3 years|
|Candidates who have served in the armed forces||5 years|
UGC NET Educational Qualification
Candidates have to secure at least 55% of marks in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from an authorized university recognized by UGC. The reserved category aspirants will have to secure at least 50% of the marks.
The Doctorate(Ph.D.) degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed on or before the 19th of September 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
UGC NET Nationality
The UGC NET Exam is conducted only for Indian nationals. The aim is to select the best candidates for posts of Assistant professors and Junior Research Fellowships or JRFS among Indian nationals for various Indian universities, colleges, and institutes.
UGC NET Application Form 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE every year for the recruitment of eligible candidates for various teaching roles at various educational institutions across the country. The application for the examination has to be made by the candidates in online format. As the recruitment commission publishes the official notification through the official website, candidates can use the application link given below to apply for the post and fill out the online application form.
How To Apply for UGC NET 2022?
The steps to apply for the exam are as follows:
STEP 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of UGC NET by entering ugcnet.nta.nic.in in the browser.
- Click on the appropriate button on to fill the Application Form present on the home page.
- A new page will appear where you need to click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it carefully and acknowledge by clicking on the ‘checkbox’. Thereafter, click on the button proceed button.
- Enter all the basic details asked for, such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- After successful submission of the form, an Application Number and Password will be given. Take down the number and password for future use.
Step 2: Apply for UGC NET 2022
- Login to your account using your Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
- Personal Details
- Candidate’s Communication Details
- Educational Details
After filling in all the details, verify them and click on“Submit”.
Step 3: Upload Photograph And Signature
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photo and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The scanned image of the photograph should be 3.5cm X 4.5 cm in dimension. Its size should be between 10kb to 200kb.
- The scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb in size and should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm in dimension.
- After uploading the document candidates can click on the “Submit” button.
Step 4: Online Fee Payment
- Once you have successfully uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the applicable fee.
- Candidates can pay the fees through online mode
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the fee.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application.
UGC NET 2022 Application Fee
The UGC NET application fee for different categories are as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|OBC – NCL/ Gen – EWS Candidates||500/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender Candidates||250/-|
Note that the UGC NET application form fee is not refundable.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and this examination follows certain examination pattern. The given below are the details that are related to the UGC NET exam pattern 2022.
The UGC NET examination 2022 consists of 2 papers. They are
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
The complete details regarding the exam structure that is followed in paper 1 and paper 2 is given below.
- The Paper I will test the candidates on areas such as teaching and research aptitude. It will comprise of topics like reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness, and divergent thinking.
- While the Paper-II will be based on the subject selected from the 81 subjects (like Political Science, Philosophy, History, Commerce, Music, etc.) by the candidate.
- The UGC NET question paper will be objective type.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- The first session will be for Paper I, where it includes 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The second session will be for Paper II. The question paper will include 100 questions for 200 marks.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I
Paper I of UGC NET will be generic and it will test the teaching aptitude and reasoning ability of the teachers.
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
- The questions will be objective type.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper I will be for a duration of 1 hour.
- No negative marking for wrong answers in Paper I.
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper II
Paper-II of the UGC NET is going to be subject-based. The candidates will be asked questions based on the subject they choose. The paper will be objective type.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Chosen subject by the candidate||100||200|
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II will have a duration of 2 hours.
- No negative marking will be given for wrong answers in Paper-II.
UGC NET Syllabus 2022
UGC conducts the National Eligibility Test as two papers. Candidates who are appearing for the examination should score good marks in both papers to score a good rank in the final rank list.
Paper I syllabus
Paper I is on General Research Aptitude and Teaching skills. These are the topic that has to be covered for this section.
UGC NET Paper-I Unit wise Subjects
Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, objectives, levels of teaching (memory, understanding & reflective), characteristics along with basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent & adult learners (academic, social, emotional & cognitive), individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment as well as Institution
- Methods of teaching in universities of higher learning: Teacher centered against. learner-centered methods; offline against online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching support system: Traditional, modern as well as ICT based
- Evaluation systems: Elements & types of evaluation, evaluation in Choice Based Credit System as in higher education, computer-based testing, innovations which take place in evaluation systems
Unit-II: In case of Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, & characteristics, positivism as well as a post-positivist approach to research
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative, and quantitative methods
- Steps for conducting a research
- Thesis & article writing: Format as well as styles of referencing
- Application of ICT in the research field
- Ethical research
- A passage of text shall be given. Questions shall be asked from the passage from where it is to be answered
- Communication: Meaning, types & characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal & non-verbal, inter-cultural & group communications, classroom communication
- Barriers in case of effective communication
- Mass-media & society
Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning
- Number series, letter series, codes & relationships
- Mathematical aptitude (fraction, time and distance, ratio, proportion & percentage, profit & loss, interest & discounting, averages, etc.)
Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: Argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, mood & figure, formal with informal fallacies, uses of language, connotations as well as denotations of terms, the classical square of opposition
- Evaluating & distinguishing deductive & inductive reasoning
- Venn diagram: Simple & multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) & Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension)
- Structure with kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference)
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition & classification of data
- Quantitative & qualitative data
- Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart & line-chart) along with mapping of the required data
- Data interpretation
- Data & governance
- Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations & terminology
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio & Video-conferencing
- Digital initiatives in terms of higher education
- ICT & Governance
Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment
- Development & environment: Millennium development with Sustainable development goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities & their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, regional & global; air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, waste(solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), climate change & its socio-economic and political dimensions
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural & energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear & Forests
- Natural hazards & disasters: Mitigation strategies
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit-X: Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning & education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning & research in post-independence India
- Oriental, conventional & non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, technical along skill-based education.
- Value education & environmental education
- Policies, governance, as well as administration
In the paper II portion of the UGC NET examination, candidates can select an atopic as their elective from a total of 84 subjects. The details regarding the complete list of electives are available from the UGC Official website. Here are some of the most important portions as well as topics that are usually covered in Paper II of the UGC NET examination 2021.
|Names of the Subject||Important Topics of the UGC NET Paper-II 2021|
|Commerce||Accounting along with Auditing|
|Banking & Financial Institutions|
|Income-tax with Corporate tax Planning|
|Business Statistics & Research Method|
|Legal Aspects of Business for understanding business|
|English||Fiction as well as Short Stories|
|Cultural Studies Topic|
|Non-Fictional Prose Topic|
|Literary Theory Post World War II – Summary|
|Literary Criticism Topic|
|Computer Science||Theory of Computation & Compilers|
|Data Structures with Algorithms|
|Data Communication & Computer Networks|
|DBMS (Database Management System)|
|System Software and Operating System|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour Topic|
|Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|Business Plan & Feasibility Analysis|
|Financial Management as well as Concept and Functions|
|Growth and Development with Economics|
|Public Economics Topic|
|Education||Curriculum Studies Topic|
|Research in Education Topic|
|Teacher Education Topic|
|Learner & Learning Process|
|History, Politics & Economics of Educational|
|Library Science||Research Methods Topic|
|Library Automation topic|
|Financial Management in Libraries Topic|
|Right to Information Act (RTI) Topic|
|Mapping of Subjects in Library Classification Schemes – DDC, UDC as well as CC|
|Political Science||Comparative Politics Analysis Topic|
|Political Institutions in India Topic|
|Governance & Public Policy in India|
|Public Administration Topic|
|HRM(Human Resource Management)||Collective Bargaining Topic|
|Job Analysis Topic|
|Labour Welfare Topic|
|Labour Legislation Topic|
|Trade Unions Topic|
|Law||Constitutional & Administrative Law|
|Public International Law & IHL (International Humanitarian Law)|
|Family Law Topic|
|Environment & Human Rights Law|
UGC NET Exam Centres 2022
The given below are the list of the examination centres across various states where the UGC NET examination is conducted in the year 2022.
|State||City||Exam Centre Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar/ Naharlagun||AL01|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar/ Durg||CG01|
|Daman and Diu||Daman||DD01|
|Delhi||Delhi/ New Delhi||DL01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP01|
|Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP03|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||JH01|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
|Dharwad/ Hubballi (Hubli)||KK10|
|Ernakulam/ Angamaly/ Muvattupuzha||KL04|
|Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai||MR16|
|Patiala/ Fatehgarh Sahib||PB08|
|Telangana||Hyderabad/ Secunderabad/ Ranga Reddy||TL01|
|Noida/ Greater Noida||UP09|
UGC NET Selection Process 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and it follows a certain process for the selection of the eligible candidates. the given below are the details regarding the UGC NET selection process that the commission is following for the year 2022.
- Candidates of the General category need to acquire at least 40% aggregate marks in both Papers I and II. Reserved candidates need to acquire at least 35% aggregate marks in both papers I and II.
- The qualification of the number of candidates for Assistant Professor should be equal to 6% of the total number of candidates appearing in both the papers.
- The qualification of the number of candidates for JRF should be equal to 1% of the total number of candidates appearing in both papers.
- The aggregate percentage of both paper I and II in a particular subject, corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, will decide the qualifying cut-off for selecting Assistant Professor in that subject. All other subject-wise qualifying cut-offs shall be determined in the same way.
- Out of the total number of qualified candidates, candidates who had applied for “Eligibility for Assistant Professor and JRF both” shall be taken into consideration for the post of JRF.
- Available JRF slots are allocated among different categories on the basis of the subject according to the Government’s Reservation policy.
- The aggregate percentage of both paper I and II in a particular subject, corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, will decide the qualifying cut-off for selecting JRF in that subject. All other subject-wise qualifying cut-offs shall be determined in the same way.
UGC NET Admit Card 2022
Admit card is the most important document that the candidate ned to carry along with them to the examination centers. The candidates who fail to bring the admit card to the examination center will not be permitted to appear for the examination or to enter to the exam hall. The admit card of the UGC NET examination is published by the CBSE through their official website 10-15 days before the examination date. candidates who have applied for the examination and are planning to appear for thee examination can download the admit card from the official website by following the below mentioned steps.
Step-1: Candidates need to visit the official website of NTA UGC NET, i.e., ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step-2: Click on the link ‘View Admit Card’.
Step-3: A new window will open where the Registered Candidates are required to sign in.
Step-4: Fill in the Application Number, Date of Birth, and Captcha Code.
Step-5: Download the Admit Card and take out the Print Copy of the same for future use.
UGC NET Cut Off 2022
The official cut-off marks for the year 2022 is not yet published by the recruitment commission as the examination is not yet conducted. te given below is the details regarding the expected UGC NET cut off for the year 2022 and the previous year UGC NET cut off.
|Name of Category||Expected UGC NET Cut Off Marks 2022|
UGC NET Previous Cut-Off
UGC NET 2019 exam was conducted on June 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28, 2019. Eligibility certificate will be issued to those candidates who will qualify UGC NET exam. The certificate will be valid for the next three years after declaration of result or issuance of the certificate. Check the PDF given below to know the subject-wise and category-wise cut off percentage marks along with the number of candidates who have appeared for each subject in all categories.
UGC NET Result 2022
Candidates can download the UGC NET result 2022 from the official website. The commission through the official notification has informed that the candidates who have appeared for the NGC NET examination can now download the result from the official website.
- The candidates can visit the official website of NTA UGC NET @ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Login with your Application Number and Date of Birth
- Or else login with the Password and enter Security Pin as displayed and Submit.
- Click on NTA UGC NET Result
- Link to Download Scorecard will appear in a new window
- Download the scorecard and save it for future reference
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|UGC NET Exam Information Links|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Mock Test|
|UGC NET Exam date||UGC NET Video Course|
|UGC NET Answer key||UGC NET Study Materials|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Interview Questions|
|UGC NET Vacancy||UGC NET Job Profile|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Salary|
|UGC NET Study Plan||UGC NET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UGC NET Previous Question Papers||UGC NET Result|
|UGC NET Best Books||UGC NET Cutoff|
|UGC NET Eligibility Criteria||UGC NET Exam Analysis|
|UGC NET Selection Process|