Andhra Pradesh PSC functions under Article 320 of the Constitution. Its function is to recruit candidates to different posts under various departments under the Andhra Pradesh government. The Assistant Section Officer, APPSC ASO, is coming under the Group 2 services. It is a non-executive post. Candidates with a graduate degree can apply and the salary is between Rs. 26,600/- – Rs. 77,030/-. So, the interested job-seekers can start your preparations, and can download previous question papers provided with this article.
APPSC ASO Exam Pattern
There will be a total of 150 questions. The time duration is 150 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark. The three papers are:
- General Studies & Mental Ability
- Social And Cultural History Of Andhra- Pradesh & Indian Constitution
- Planning And Economy
It is having three papers, each with 150 questions. Again 2.5 hours for each paper and 1 mark for each right answer.
General Studies & Mental Ability
Part I. Social History Of Andhra Pradesh i.e., The History Of Various Social And Cultural Movements In Andhra Pradesh.
Part II. General Overview Of The Indian Constitution
Planning In India And Indian Economy, Contemporary Problems And Developments In Rural Society With Special Reference To Andhra Pradesh.
Note: For both Prelims and Mains exam, there is a penalty with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question. And a Computer Proficiency Test (Qualifying Test) for eligible candidates in the ratio of 1:2 with reference to the total number of vacancies notified.
APPSC ASO Exam Syllabus
Paper- I : General Studies & Mental Ability
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- The social-economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- Geography of India with a focus on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention, and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and logical interpretation.
- Data Analysis: Tabulation of data Visual representation of data Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode and variance) and Interpretation.
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/problems.
Part I: Social And Cultural History Of Andhra Pradesh
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-historic Cultures.
- Various Major and Minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D. Socio-Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th centuries A.D.
- The advent of Europeans- Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra.
- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movements- Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists– Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements.
- Growth of Nationalist Poetry, Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu, and Women Participation.
- Origin and growth of Andhra Movement.
- Events leading to the formation of Andhra Pradesh State.
Part II: Indian Constitution
- Nature of the Indian Constitution, Constitutional Development, Salient features of Indian Constitution.
- Structure and functions of the Indian Government.
- Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States.
- Center-state relations.
- Amendment Process to the Constitution.
- Indian Political Parties, Demand for the New States, National Integration- Threats to Indian Unity.
- Welfare Mechanisms in India.
Paper-III Planning And Economy
- Indian Economy and present status
- Indian Economic Policies
- Resources and Development
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- National Income
- Economic Policies of Andhra Pradesh
- Agriculture and Industrial Growth of Andhra Pradesh
- Resource Development of Andhra Pradesh
APPSC ASO Previous Papers
Click here to download APPSC ASO General Studies Paper.
Click here to download APPSC ASO Geography Paper.
Click here to download APPSC ASO, History Mains Paper.
Click here to download APPSC ASO Preliminary Question Paper with Final Key.
Click here to download APPSC ASO Paper.