Andra Pradesh PSC recruits engineering graduates towards the Andra Pradesh technical education department. Here we are discussing the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer syllabus for the engineering subjects, and non-engineering subjects.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer Syllabus
Polytechnic Lecturer’s Selection Pattern
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Studies||150||150||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Technical Knowledge||150||150||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Interview (Oral Test)||50|
- The Question papers will be in English only.
- Technical Knowledge Questions will be of graduation level.
Polytechnic Lecturer Syllabus
Paper-I: General Studies
- General Science and Technology.
- Role and impact of science and Technology on India’s development.
- Modern Indian History from the 19th century to the present.
- Nationalist Movement and Constitutional development.
- Indian Culture and Heritage including architecture, Fine Arts, Dance Forms, Music, Paintings, Folk Arts and performing arts.
- History of Andhradesa Society, Culture, Geography and Economic Development.
- Indian Polity
- Current Events
- Structure of National Economy, and Economic Reforms
- Economic Development (including planning) since independence.
- Physical, Economic and Social Geography of India.
Paper-II: Technical Knowledge Footwear Technology
- Classification of footwear, leather goods, Garments based on construction, utilization, style, function
of footwear comparison of leather articles and footwear with that are made of non-leather.
- Bones, Joints, Arches of foot – Development of foot types of feet – Abnormalities of foot – Reasons
for foot problems – Deformed feet – Remedy.
- Foot Care, and Foot Comfort
- Foot Drafting
- Footwear Functions
- Tools used for Manufacturing
- Leather Making
- Properties of Leather
- Details of various materials used in leather goods, footwear and garments manufacture like leather
- Finish Materials
- Bottom preparation, filling, selection of various materials.
- Costing and Quality Control
Paper-II: Technical Knowledge Bio-Medical Engineering
- Respiratory Measurements and Aids
- Hearing Aids- Types, Comparison
- Audiometry: Common Tests and procedures
- Electro- Surgical Equipment
- Fibre Optics
- Anaesthesia Equipment, Boyle’s Apparatus, Gas Distribution Systems.
- Ultrasound Applications for Surgery
- Bio-Medical Instrumentation
- Amplifiers for Bio-Medical applications
- Electro Myography
- Blood Pressure and blood flow
- Methods of Chemical analysis
- Electrical hazards during Bioelectric monitoring
- Electrical factors in Hospital Design
- Equivalent circuit Properties
- Transducers for physiological application
- Biomedical Instrumentation for Clinical practices
- Physical Therapy Equipment
- Nernst equation
- Prosthetic Heart Valves
- Computed Tomography
- Radio Nuclide Imaging
Paper-II: Technical Knowledge Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Coulomb’s law – Ohms law – Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction, Kirchoff’s laws, Ampere’s law Resistance, Capacitance and Inductance.
- Electronic Circuits
- Logic Circuits
- Electrical Measurements
- Instrumentation- Transducers, Digital Voltmeters, Digital frequency meters, measurement of displacement, strain gauge circuits, measurement of pressure, Measurement of Velocity, measurement of temperature and measurement of flow.
Paper-II: Technical Knowledge Plastic and Polymers
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Reaction Engineering
- Mechanical Operations
- Process Technology
- Material and Energy Balances
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Polymers, and Polymerisation
- Molecular weights of polymers and their determination methods
- Polymerization processes
- Fabrication processes
- Manufacturing Methods of Common Polymers: LDPE, HDPE, Polystyrene, Polyvinylchloride, Phenolic resins
- Indian Plastics
Paper-II: Technical Knowledge Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material Science
- Engineering Materials and Strenght of Materials
- Manufacturing Process
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer and Refrigeration
- Machine Design
- Theory of Machines
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
Polytechnic Lecturer: Mathematics
- Real Analysis: Continuity and differentiability of real functions.; Uniform continuity, Sequences and series of
functions. Uniform convergence. Functions of bounded variation. Riemann integration.
- Complex “Analysis: Analytic functions. Cauchy’s theorem Cauchy’s integral formula. Laurent’s series.
- Singularities. Theory of residues – Conformal mapping.
- Abstract Algebra: Groups – Sub-groups – normal subgroups Quotient group Homomorphism
- The fundamental theorem of Hamomorphism, Permutation groups: Cayley’s theorem – Rings – Subrings –Ideals – Fields – Polynomial rings.
- Linear Algebra: Vector spacers – Basis and dimension – Linear transformations – Matrices – Characteristic roots and characteristic vectors – systems of linear equations – Canonical forms – Cayley – Hamilton theorem.
- Differential Equations: First order ordinary differential equations (O.D.E) and their solutions – Singular solutions.
- Initial value problems for first-order O.D.E.
- The general theory of homogeneous and non-homogeneous linear differential equations, the variation of parameters. Elements of first-order partial differential equations (PDE).
- Coordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions: The Plane – The straight-line – Sphere and cone.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer: Physics
- Mathematical Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Special Theory of Relativity
- Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Nuclear Physics
Polytechnic Lecturer: English
- The period of English Literature from 1798 to 1900 with special reference to the works of the major
writers including Words worth, Coleridge, Byron, Keats, Shelley, Lamb, Hazlitt, Thackeray, Dickens,
Tennyson, Browning, Arnold George Eliot, Carlyle and Ruskin.
- Study of the following Texts
1. William Shakespeare: ‘Macbeth’, ‘Hamlet’, ‘Julius Vrsdst’, ‘Tempest’
2. John Milton: ‘Paradise Lost’, -Books I & II
3. Alexander Pope: .‘The Rape of the Lock’
4. William Wordsworth: ‘The Immorality Ode’, ‘The Tin Tern Abbey’
5. John Keats: ‘Ode to a Nightingale’
6. P.B. Shelley: ‘Ode to the West Wing’
7. Jane Austen: ‘Pride and Prejudice’.
8. Charles Dickens: ‘A Tale of Two Cities’
9. Thomas Hardy: ‘The Mayor of Casterbridge’
10. W.B. Yeats: “Byzantium”, ‘The Second Coming’.
11. T.S. Eliot: ‘The Waste Land’.
12. D.H. Lawrence: ‘Sons and Lovers’.
13. Mulk Raj Anand: ‘The Big heart’
14. R.K. Narayan: ‘The Man-eater of Malgudi’
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer: Mining Engineering
- Principles of Stratigraphy
- Exploratory Drilling
- Explosives and Blasting
- Opening and Choice of Mining Methods
- Metal Mining
- Mining Surveying
- Mining Machinery
- Mine Environmental Engineering
- Mining Legislation and Safety
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer: Computer Engineering
- Logic families, gates, flip-flops, multiplexers, decoders, registers, counters, adder circuits,
- Boolean algebra, Combinational circuit design, minimisation, sequential circuit design, number systems, interconversion, number representation, computer organisation, instruction formats, addressing modes,
- Microprogramming, ALU organisation, multiplication and division algorithms, memory hierarchy, cache and
associate memories, virtual memory, memory IC’s, I/Oo organisation schemes, interrupts, arbitration, DMA,
- Microprocessors, interfacing, pipeline, SIMD and MIMD organisations, proposition and predicate logic’s, methods of deduction, set theory, relations, functions, algebraic structures, lattices, recursion, combinatorics,
- graph theory, representation, path matrix, marshall’s algorithm, cyclic and bipartite graphs,
planner graphs, Hamiltonian graph, chromatic number, trees, binary tree traversals, representation of
expressions, spanning trees, breadth-first and depth-first algorithms, finite automation, pushdown
automation, Turing machine, grammars, type 0, 1, 2, and 3, LL and LR grammars.
- Algorithms, flow-charts, programming methodology, data structures
- PASCAL, FORTRAN, COBOL and ‘C’ languages, the theory of programming languages, file organisation, searching and sorting; methods,
- DBMS, database models, query languages, operating system, directory concept, processor scheduling,
memory allocation, paging and segmentation, device management, deadlocks and prevention, concurrent
- DOS and UNIX features, language processors, syntax and semantic analysis, code generation,
optimisation, assemblers, loaders and linkers, algorithm design techniques,
- Computer networks, digital modulation techniques, modems, error detection and error correction, BISYNC and HDLC protocols, OSI model, network routing algorithms, LAN operation methods,
- Computer graphics, DDA algorithms, graphic primitives, 2-D transformations, graphic input devices, software engineering development life-cycle, system analysis, modular design, testing and validation, CASE tools,
- AI techniques, natural language understanding, learning, knowledge representation, expert systems, LISP, PROLOG.
Andra Pradesh PSC Polytechnic Lecturer: Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Network analysis, Topology, Tree Tieset outset, first and Second-order Circuits.
- Steady-State and Transient response, Sinusoidal steady State Analysis.
- Series and parallel Resonance, Network Theorems, Laplace Transforms, Fourier series, Fourier Transforms
- Two-port, Network Parameters, Interconnection of two ports, Image Impedance, Image Parameters.
Filters – constant K and M derived sections.
- Electronics Devices – Diodes, Transistors, FET biasing, and characteristics, Frequency, Response, Amplifier circuits.
- Electro-Magnetic Theory – Maxell’s Equations. Coulomb’s law, Amper’s law, Faraday’s law, Poynting
Energy Theorem, Stoke’s theorem, uniform plane waves.
- Transmission Line Theory – Standing waves & Travelling waves, Reflection, VSWR.
- Feedback Amplifiers and oscillator Circuits Wave Shaping circuits, Logic Gates, Boolean Theorems,
Adders & Subtractors.
- Antennas & Propagation – Radiation Principle, Antenna parameters, Directional Antennas, Linear Antenna Arrays, Broadside & End fire Arrays, Gain, Directivity, Radiation pattern.
- Ground Wave, SkyWave, Ionosphere Propagation, Guided Waves, Rectangular Wave-Guide Analysis, Microwave Circuits and Components.
- Microwave Tubes, Klystron, Magnetron, and TWT.
- Modulation Techniques – AM, FM, PM. Channel capacity, Noise, AM, FM, Transmitters, Radio Receivers.
TV and Satellite Communication
- Principles Radar Equation and Applications of Radar Computer Programming, FORTRAN, BASIC, PASCAL
Click here to download the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer Syllabus free pdf
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.