Table of Contents
The 65th BPSC Preliminary exam (PT) was on 15th October 2019. 70% of the total applicants attended the exam. The exam seemed to be average for the candidates. The questions were mainly from current affairs from economics, history of Bihar and Bihar from the NCERT texts. Likewise, the cut off expected will be higher than the 64th Bihar PSC PT cut off. The BPSC PT exam is a three-phased recruitment process towards various posts under the state government.
BPSC PT Notifications
The notifications for the Combined Competitive Exam are released through the Official Website of the Bihar Public Service Commission. The notifications can be found on the home page itself. Also, the admit cards and the exam results can be downloaded from the official site. The latest BPSC PT notification was released on 04th July 2019. The admit cards for the prelims were available to download from 5th October 2019. And the preliminary exam was on 15th October.
The applicant should be a graduate or have an equivalent degree in any stream from a government recognized university.
The minimum age limit for the applicant is between 21-23 years. Maximum of 37 years for general category male candidates. For general category Females and OBC (Male/Female) – 40 years. And for SC / ST(Male/Female) – 42 years.
BPSC PT Exam Salary
Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-, 4800/-, 4200/- under Level 7,9 and,11.
BPSC PT Exam 2019 Vacancy
|Name of Post||Total Vacancy|
|Sub Divisional Officer (अनु मंडल पदाधिकारी)||30|
|Rural Development Officer (ग्रामीण विकास अधिकारी)||110|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (पुलिस उपाधीक्षक)||62|
|Block Panchayat Officer (ब्लॉक पंचायत अधिकारी)||14|
|Labour Enforcement Officer (श्रम प्रवर्तन अधिकारी)||20|
|District Sanapark Officer (जिला संपर्क अधिकारी)||11|
|Food and Consumer Inspector (खाद्य और उपभोक्ता निरीक्षक)||19|
|Bihar Education Service (बिहार शिक्षा सेवा)||72|
|SC/ ST Welfare Department
(अनुसूचित जाति /अनुसूचित जनजाति कल्याण विभाग)
|Election Department (निर्वाचन विभाग अधिकारी)||46|
BPSC PT Exam Pattern
The candidate recruitment procedure consists of three phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test/Personal Interview
|Exam||Mode||Marks||Duration||Number of Papers|
|Prelims||Objective/ Offline||150||2 Hours||One ( General Knowledge, Current Affairs)|
|Mains||Subjective/ Offline||900||3 Hours (for each paper)||Four|
It is of objective type with 150 questions and occupies a candidate for two hours. The syllabus consists of:
- General Science- General understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience.
- Current affairs- Events of national and international importance.
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography of India- Physical, social and economical geography of the country including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
- Geography of Bihar
- Indian Polity and Economy- Indian Political System, Panchayati Raj, Community Development, Planning in India and Bihar.
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability questions.
It is a written test and consists of
- Qualifying General Hindi paper for 100 marks- One-hour.
- General Studies Paper I and Paper II- 300 marks each-3 hours each.
- Optional subject- 300 marks-3 hours.
- Essay: 30 Marks
- Grammar: 30 Marks
- Syntax: 25 Marks
- Summarisation: 15 Marks
General Studies Paper I and Paper II
- Indian Polity, Economy, and Geography
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- Indian Culture
- Modern History of India- History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of nineteenth century,1857 war of independence,the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, the Quit India Movement, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru.
- Contemporary events of national and international importance
- Statistical Analysis, diagrams, and graphs
- All topics should add the part of Bihar state and its contribution towards the same.
Anyone subject can be chosen from the given list. The syllabus of these will be the same as that of the Three-Year Honours Paper of the respective subject under Patna University.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- English Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
The results of the 65th BPSC PT prelims will be updated shortly. Entri wishes all candidates all the very best.