Table of Contents
Chattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CGPEB) recruits eligible people for the post of teacher through Chattisgarh Teacher Eligibility Test (CG TET) which is a state level teaching entrance exam. Those who wish to make a career as a primary or secondary teacher in Chattisgarh should necessarily clear CG TET. It is conducted by CPEB every year.
The notification for recruitment of teachers has been released by the board on 23rd August 2022. Interested candidates can go through the notification and apply from 23rd August until 6th September, 2022. The CG TET exam will be conducted by CGPEP on 18th September, 2022. The application form and other details are available in the official website – vyapam.cgstate.gov.in.
CG TET Recruitment 2022 Overview
Particulars Details Name or recruiting organization Chattisgarh Professional Examination Board Name of post Primary and Secondary teacher Number of vacancies Not yet announced Official website vyapam.cgstate.gov.in Mode of application Online Selection process Written exam
CG TET Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
Events Dates Commencement of online application 23rd August, 2022 Last date for applying 6th September, 2022 Correction window 7th to 9th September, 2022 Release of Admit Card 12th September, 2022 Exam date 18th September, 2022 Announcement of results Yet to be announced
CG TET Eligibility Criteria 2022
CGPEP has laid down certain criteria to recruit the most eligible candidates for the post of teachers. Applicants should go through these criteria and ensure that they satisfy all the requirements before applying for the job. Applications of those who do not meet the criteria will be rejected.
For Primary Teachers (Classes 1 to 5)
- The applicants should have passed Class XII with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in B.SC/ BA/ B. Ed. degree with at least 50% marks can apply for CG TET 2022. The students who are appearing in the Final Four Year Bachelor of Elementary Education/a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education or a 2-year Diploma in Special Education can also apply for this exam.
For Upper Primary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8)
- The candidates who have completed their graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of 2-year D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary Education) are eligible to apply for CG TET 2022.
- Those who have completed their graduation with at least 50% marks and passed/appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)/ passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- The candidates who have completed their Graduation with a minimum of 45% marks and passed/ appearing in 1- year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) can also apply for CG TET 2022.
CG TET Application Process
Follow the steps given below to apply:
- Visit the official website and read the notification to ensure that you are eligible to apply.
- Then click on CG TET application form link.
- Candidates have to first register themselves on the CG TET portal.
- Fill in all the required information and click on Submit to complete the registration process.
- Once the registration is done, the CG TET application form will appear on the screen.
- Carefully fill in the required information like personal details, educational qualifications etc.
- Then upload the required documents.
- Candidates will be directed to the payment gateway. You can choose the desired mode of payment to pay the Application fee.
- Once the fee is paid, the completed application form will be displayed. You can download it and take a print out for future reference.
The table below shows the application fee for different categories and paper as shown below:
Category Paper 1 Paper 1 and Paper 2 General Rs.350/- Rs.600/- OBC Rs.250/- Rs.400/- SC/ST Rs.200/- Rs.300/-
CG TET Selection Process
CPEG will conduct two exams to shortlist eligible candidates from among all the applicants. Paper I is necessary for those who wish to become a Primary Teacher (Classes 1 to 5) while Paper II is necessary for those candidates who want to become Upper Primary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8).Both the papers will consist of 150 multiple choice questions and the duration of the exam will be two and half hours. Every correct answer will be awarded one mark and there will be no negative marking. All the questions will be asked in both English and Hindi.
Paper I will be for a total of 150 marks. It will have questions from five topics. The various topics and weightage for each topic is mentioned in the table below:
Subject Number of Questions Marks Child Development and Pedagogy 30 30 Language I (compulsory) 30 30 Language II (compulsory) 30 30 Mathematics 30 30 Environmental Studies 30 30 Total 150 150
Paper II will be for a total of 150 marks. It will have questions from four topics. The various topics and weightage for each topic is mentioned in the table below:
Subjects Number of questions Marks Child Development and Pedagogy 30 30 Language I (compulsory) 30 30 Language II (compulsory) 30 30 Mathematics and Science/ Social Studies/Social Science 60 60 Total 150 150
Note: Language I will be Hindi and Language II will be English.