Table of Contents
Delhi University is looking to recruit Assistant Professors for various colleges under it’s jurisdiction. Interested candidates can check out the notification for various colleges to know about the eligibility criteria and can submit their applications online through the official website of the respective college. The vacancies are for the following colleges – Zakir Hussain College, Sivaji College, Miranda College.
Delhi University Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Recruitment Organization||Delhi University (DU)|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Professor|
|Number of Vacancies||289|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Salary||Varies Post Wise|
Delhi University Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
Zakir Husain College
|Commencement of online application||4th October 2022|
|Last date for online application||22nd October 2022|
|Official notification||Check Website|
|Commencement of online application||11th October 2022|
|Last date for online application||7th November 2022|
|Official notification||Click Here|
Miranda House College
|Commencement of online application||28th September 2022|
|Last date for online application||18th October 2022|
|Official notification||Click Here|
Delhi University Vacancies 2022
There are a total of 289 vacancies for the post of Assistant Professor across three colleges. The college wise vacancies are as follows:
|Zakir Husain Delhi College||110|
Delhi University Eligibility Criteria
The University has laid down the required criteria for recruiting the best candidates. Applicants have to ensure that they satisfy all the requirement before applying for the job. Applications of those who do not meet the criteria are bound to be rejected.
There are two parts of criteria and applicants must satisfy anyone to be considered eligible.
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant / allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the world University ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) The Academic Ranking Of World Universities (ARWU) ofthe Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor. Candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission are exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET.
Delhi University Application Process
Follow the steps given below to submit your applications:
- Visit the official website of the individual colleges.
- Click on the New registration link.
- Candidates have to submit the application form to the website of the individual colleges through Online mode.
- Carefully fill in all the details such as personal information, educational qualification, and others in the form given.
- Next, the candidates have to go through the payment gate to pay the fees.
- Payment can be done either by Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card.
- Once the payment is done, the candidate can upload the scanned documents along with the form.
- Finally, the application form will appear on the screen, the candidates can review the content on the application form and click on the Submit Button.
- Now, the candidates can download the final copy of the DU College online application form for future reference.
- UR/ OBC/ EWS category: Rs. 500
- SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Women: No fee
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Delhi University Selection Process
For the post of Assistant Professor, the criteria for evaluation of candidates for determining their eligibility for shortlisting shall be on based on a 100 point scale. The Screening Committee will draw a list of all the candidates indicating the marks scored by them in descending order. The applicant scoring less than 50 marks
will not be included in the list of shortlisted candidates. A relaxation of 05 marks to be given to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD. All shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can only Indian citizens apply for the posts advertised for faculty positions?
Besides Indian citizens, those who have acquired the status of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and have necessary documents in support of the same can also apply.
Can a person apply for more than one Faculty position?
Yes. Separate forms will have to be filled for each faculty position.