It is a common belief these days that aspirants need to join a proper coaching center to crack any kind of examination. Hence, the candidates rush to look for coaching classes for the preparation of competitive exams. It is evident that not all aspirants can afford coaching classes. The purpose of this article is about how to prepare for a competitive exam without coaching. The season of competitive examination occurs and candidates will try their luck in all the banking and government examinations. The most common question among all the candidates while starting the preparation is whether or not enroll to a coaching center? Well, an exam can easily be qualified on your own with full-proof planning and smart-study methods. Yes, it is possible that the candidates can clear competitive examinations without any coaching but with the help of self-study.
How to Crack Any Competitive Exam without Coaching-Pointers
Before making any strategy for the exam, it is important for the candidate to be aware of the syllabus and pattern of the exam. The season of competitive examination occurs and candidates will try their luck in all the banking and government examinations. Competitive Examination is all about strategy and proper execution and nothing else. This can be best done if you are preparing on your own. Coaching centers will not be for you alone but in self-study, you will be able to understand yourself better and study accordingly. Hence, do not run after coaching centers because of some tall claims but believe in yourself and go ahead with a proper plan. Success will beckon you The most common question among all the candidates while starting the preparation is whether or not enroll to a coaching center? Well, an exam can easily be qualified on your own with full-proof planning and smart-study methods. Yes, it is possible that the candidates can clear competitive examinations without any coaching but with the help of self-study. Once the candidate know the accurate exam syllabus, they will be able to focus on main topics and score more marks.
Make a Solid Study Plan
- If the candidate into self-study, it is very important to have a fixed routine and more important is to follow it without fail.
- It is advised to prepare a proper routine and keep track of their preparation at all times
- Fix Weekly targets and achieve it which means be consistent with your progress
- The candidates usually are told to go to coaching since they take regular classes with a defined syllabus so that all the proper chapters are covered regularly.
- If the candidate is preparing on their own, they need to have to fix their targets and achieve them.
- However, make sure that the candidates must have small and achievable targets.
- It is suggested that the candidates must make weekly targets and try to achieve them and calculate their success rate every week
- Start working on the topic in which the candidates think they need more attention.
- Always make sure to solve it by keeping in mind the concept of negative marking.
The 3R’s- Read, Revise, Recall
- The most vital aspect in the learning process is to read a concept, which should be understood by the candidate to apply it whenever needed
- For complete understanding, the candidates must read the concepts many number of times
- The candidates must revise what they have studied
- Most of the students don’t go for revision which is the biggest mistake that usually students make.
- Revision of the most important cog in the wheel of your preparation
- It is not possible for anybody to remember everything by studying only once.
- Multiple revisions will be effective for retention as well as application.
- The candidates may face failures but it is very important to carry on despite them.
- The aspirants may fail once, twice but if you stick to it, they will definitely be able to succeed one day.
- Take mock tests as many as possible on a regular basis.
- It is very important to get the hang of your level of preparation compared to your fellow contestants.
- It helps you prepare for the ultimate test.
- Mark down the important topics you want to revise.
- Write short notes and short tricks.
- Set the time for revising the topics and subject matters.
General Awareness-Key to Success
- General Awareness has always been taken at the lighter side by many of the candidates, not realizing that how major it can be in competitive exams.
- Read NCERT books on History (Class 6-12), Geography (Class 6-12), Science (Class 6-10), Social Science (Class 6-10)
- Read a newspaper regularly, make a habit of reading English newspapers such as – Times of India, Hindustan Times, The Hindu etc.
- Solve previous years’ test papers which are available online.
Understand the Syllabus
- It is the first part of any exercise – understanding the whole of it.
- Any competitive examination has a defined syllabus along with the previous year papers to refer to for exam pattern and difficulty level.
- First, go through the notification of any examination and then go through the past year’s papers so that you can get to know what you are getting into.
Be Positive and Confident
- It is very important to remain positive all the time in order to achieve success.
- Prepare well and practice well.
- Do not overthink the result. If you enjoy the preparation phase, cracking the examination will be a cakewalk for you.
- It is very important to study when you feel comfortable. If you are an early bird, study in the morning and if you love burning midnight oil, just go ahead with it without paying much heed to others.
Take Proper Rest and Sleep
- Studying alone may be stressful and boring at times and if the candidate is not able to crack even the prelims of any examination it becomes all the more stressful.
- Find ways to de-stress yourself on a regular basis so that they can relax.
- It will freshen them up and you will be able to retain things better.
- Make sure that the candidate is sleeping at least 7-8 hours a day.
- Without a healthy mind, everything else will be of no use and they will not be able to concentrate properly resulting in poor retention of knowledge.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.