Table of Contents
Indian Army is a renowned organization and it is a dream of many youngsters to serve their motherland by joining the army. This is a great chance to make your dreams come true as Indian Army will soon be recruiting eligible candidates under the Agneepath scheme for the posts of Agniveer (General Duty), Agniveer (Technical), Agniveer Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner), Agniveer Clerk/ Storekeeper Technical, Agniveer Tradesman 10th pass and Agniveer Tradesman 8th pass. Candidates who are interested to join the Army will be keen to know the job profile of their desired post. This article gives an insight of the job profile of soldiers and scope of career growth, their salary, allowances.
Agniveer General Duty
It is one of the most important part of the Indian Army. A large part of the Indian Army is made up of General Duty Soldiers and they carry out crucial tasks in the departments of Arms or Services. These are non technical people.
Armed forces technical officers are responsible for the maintenance and management of technical military equipment, including communications gear, weapons, ammunition, submarines, ships, jets, helicopters, tanks and other land vehicles.
Agniveer Clerk/ Storekeeper
The Indian Army is a large organization with each unit consisting of 600 to 1000 personnel and holding a large inventory of stores and equipment. The clerical staff has to maintain the inventory , carry out documentation of personnel, book keeping and other routine correspondence. It is more about paper work than physical.
The job profile of a tradesman involves timely disposal of work-operation related to any trade that is being done for the trade. They have to maintain Army’s equipment, vehicles etc. The role of tradesman is a civilian post in the Ministry of Defence and their job is to help the Ministry carry out various work operations. Tradesmen are appointed in various trades such as D.B. Worker, Engineer, Tester, Electro Platter, Turner, Electrician, Infrastructure, Boiler Attendant, Fitter General, Fitter Boiler, Fitter Electrician, Fitter Tool, Fitter Pipe (SS), Fitter Refrigeration, Mason, Welder, Painter, Grinder, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
Agniveer General Duty
- Agniveers may belong to Arms department or Services deprtment.
- Those belonging to Arms department has to manage Infantry, Artillery, Armored Corps, Engineers or Army Air Defense (AAD) as fighting troops, drivers, operators, gunners etc. and perform many other General Duties.
- Services department is all about Army Service Corps (ASC), Ordnance, Army Medical Corps (AMC) on General Duties, operators, drivers etc.
- These officers are responsible for making sure all weapons, equipment and state-of-the-art communications devices are functioning effectively in the battle.
- Have to do project management activities like upgrading existing equipment and the design and development of new systems.
- They are in command of a team of specialist military technicians and engineers.
- Have to liaise with manufacturers during the design and development of military equipment and will have to test various weapons, vehicles and devices during simulated combat situations in order to assess the battle readiness of the infrastructure, machinery, software, hardware and communications systems.
Agniveer Clerk/ Storekeeper
- Handling of stores
- Issue receipts
- Care and preservation of stores
- Proper stacking, labeling and counting of stores as per ground balance and stock held as per ledger balance
- Defensive Operations
- Security of the government property
- Safe custody of keys & various Lock-ups
- Security of personal information and materials
- Ensure smooth and proper functioning of the unit
- Timely disposal of work-operation related to any trade that is being done
- Has to work patiently as this post involves excessive work pressure
Agniveer Career Growth/ Promotion
Agniveers would form a distinct rank in the Indian Army which is different from any other existing ranks. They can be posted to any regiment/ unit and can be further transferred in organizational interest. Agniveers who complete their engagement period in each batch will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the regular cadre of Indian Army. These applications will be considered in a centralized manner by the army based on an objective criteria including performance during their engagement period. They would then be required to serve for a further engagement period of 15 years and will be governed by terms and conditions of service (of Junior Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks in Indian Army).
The basic pay of Agniveers will be as mentioned below:
- Year 1: Rs. 30000
- Year 2: Rs. 33000
- Year 3: Rs. 36500
- Year 4: Rs. 40000
From the above package, 30% will be compulsorily deposited every month in a corpus which will be matched by the Government Of India. The balance amount will be the in-hand component.
- The Agniveer pay is a composite package and he will not be eligible for any Dearness Allowance and Military Service Pay.
- He will be applicable for Risk & Hardship, Ration, Dress and Travel allowances as decided by the Government Of India from time to time.
- They are exempted from making any contribution in Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund or any other Provident Fund.
- Agniveer will be provided non-contributory life insurance cover of ₹48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement period and they will not be eligible for Army Group Insurance Fund (AGIF) Schemes / benefits.
- After completing four years of service, Agniveer will be eligible for Seva Nidhi Package, Agniveer Skill Certificate and Class 12th Certificate for those who enrolled after Class 10.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.