Indian Coast Guard Recruitment board has issued the official notification for the several available posts. It is inviting applications for 16 civilian posts. Those candidates who are interested can visit the official website and apply for the post. The Indian Coast Guard is offering a great opportunity for all those candidates who aspire for the job at the Indian Coast Guard. This article can help the candidates to know more about the qualification, salary, age limit and additional details regarding the upcoming Indian Cost Guard recruitment 2022.
As per the notification, the candidates who are eligible and interested in the post can apply within 30 days of the issue of the advertisement in the newspaper. The applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill the available16 vacancies. The last date for the submission of the application form is 12 April, 2022. Those candidates who wish to submit the application form should visit the official website for all the details regarding the recruitment. The official website of Indian Coast Guard is – joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Overview
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022
|Name of the organization||Coast Guard Headquarters|
|Date of issuing notification||12 March 2022|
|Commencement of the submission of the application form||12 March 2022|
|Last Date of Submission||12 April 2022|
|Job location||Port Blair|
|Vacant Posts||Engine Driver
Lascar 1st Class
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Important Date
As per the official notification, the last date for the submission of the online application form is 23 February 2022. The notification was released on 23 January 2022. The tentative exam dates are not yet out. The candidates can visit the official website to know the important dates. The Indian Coast Guard Recruitment will be done based on the written test and skill test. The exam dates will be soon updated.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Vacancy Details
The Coast Guard has notified about 16 vacancies for the posts of Engine Driver, Sarang Lascar and Lascar 1st class. Check out the following table to know the total vacancies and category wise vacancies in each post.
|Name of Post||Unreserved Category (UR)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||Other Backward Class
|Lascar 1st Class||2||–||–||2|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Salary Scale
Indian Coast Guard provides an attractive salary to it’s employees. Have a look at the salary scale for Engine Driver, Sarang Lascar and Lascar 1st class.
- Engine Driver: PB 1 Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20200 (Level-04 in Pay Matrix as per VII CPC)
- Sarang Lascar: PB 1 Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20200 (Level-04 in Pay Matrix as per VII CPC)
- Lascar 1st class: PB 1Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20200 (Level-01 in Pay Matrix as per VII CPC)
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should be in the age limit mentioned below as on 14 April 2022.
- Engine Driver: 18 to 30 years
- Sarang Lascar: 18 to 30 years
- Lascar 1st class: 18 to 30 years
Upper age limit will be relaxed up to 40 years for government servants. This is in accordance with the instructions issued by the central government from time to time by the central government. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste will be eligible for a relaxation of 5 years and those belonging to Other Backward Classes will get 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Engine Driver: Matriculation passed or it’s equivalent from a recognized board and certificate of competency as Engine Driver from a recognized government institute or equivalent.
- Sarang Lascar: Matriculation passed or it’s equivalent from a recognized board and certificate of competency as Sarang from a recognized government institute or equivalent.
- Lascar 1st class: Matriculation passed or it’s equivalent from a recognized board.
- Engine Driver: Candidates who have wo years service as Sarang on a vessel of over four hundred Boat Horse Power will be preferred.
- Sarang Lascar: Candidates who have two years experience as Sarang in-charge of a Vessel of twenty Horse Power will be preferred.
- Lascar 1st class: Candidates should have three years experience in service on boat.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: How to Apply?
- Log in to the official website of the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment board.
- Download the application form from the official site and fill in the particular details. Details can be handwritten or typed.
- Attach two passport size photographs.
- The candidates should apply via ordinary post within 30 dates of the issue of the advertisement. Application sent by courier, speed post or registered post will be rejected.
- The envelope should be marked with the name of the post one is applying for.
- The address is mentioned in the official notification.
- Self attested copies of the documents should be sent along with the application.
- Candidates will have to present the original documents during the time of written examination.
- Educational Certificate
- Age proof
- Driving License, Caste Certificate and Trade Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Experience Certificate
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Application fees
The candidates belonging to the categories other than SC/ST is Rs 250. Those candidates belonging to the SC/ST category shall remit no fees. The application fee can be remitted online. The admit card for the upcoming exam can only be received once the candidate succeeds in remitting the prescribed application fees.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022: Selection process
Candidates applying for above vacancies will have to attend two tests as a part of the selection process. They are :
- Written test: The written test will consist of subjects in General English, General Knowledge, Simple Maths and relevant trade questions based on the qualification prescribed for the post. The Test will be of multiple choice questions for 80 marks. The duration of the test will be one hour. The qualifying marks for written test is 50%. SC and ST candidates should score 45% marks to qualify. Candidates who qualify in the written test will be shortlisted for the skill test.
- Skill test: Skill test is conducted to assess the aptitude of the candidate for the said trade. It will be qualifying in nature. Selection will be based on the merit obtained in written test.
The dates for the Coast Guard Recruitment exam will be announced after the completion of the application process. Those who have applies for the vacancies are advised to start preparing for the exam as the selection is mainly based on merit.
Entri App provides top notch coaching for Kerala PSC exams and several other competitive exams. Download Entri App and kick start your exam preparations. There are numerous notes, videos and test papers to help you in your preparation. We also provide mock tests which will help you familiarize with exam pattern and also enable you to assess your preparation.