Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Police had released the recruitment notification for the vacancies over thousand ASI ( Assistant Sub Inspector) posts early this year. Interested candidates had applied for the same. They have already attempted the written test and the physical test and are now waiting for the Interview round. The aspirants who have cleared the Written test and the PET will be called for the interview shortly. This article will be helpful for those candidates who will be called for the interview round of the UP Police ASI Recruitment process.
UP Police ASI Interview Questions and Answers
There are different stages in the selection process for Uttar Pradesh Police ASI exam such as the first step being written test containing of UP Police ASI MCQ questions. There is no negative marking in case of wrong answer. After an applicant clears this round he or she proceeds towards the next round which is the physical test. After undergoing the physical measurement and clearing the first round of physical tests, the second round is the physical efficiency test which includes various physical activities.
Now the last and final stage is the deciding and most challenging round for Uttar Pradesh Police ASI Exam. Here the individuals will be tested with their soft skills and personality.
- For the interview, many questions will be asked from various topics like current affairs, gk and ASI exam syllabus.
- All the aspirants must be prepared well with updated current affairs, GK and the exam syllabus.
- They will also ask you why you want to join UP Police. Before attending the interview aspirants should be prepared with answers for all these questions.
- The interview board may also give you real-time situations to understand how you deal with that.
- The board will also assess your communication,body language leadership skills, presentation skills, and decision-making skills.
Top 10 UP Police ASI Interview Questions with Answers
- What are the qualities that make a good police officer?
- Good communication skills especially verbal
- Compassion and helping attitude
- Cooperation and conciliation
- Top-quality work
- Open to learning
- Love doing the service
- Mental and Physical fitness
- Why do you want to be a Assistant Sub Inspector?
Ans: In this UP Police ASI Interview Question, the interviewer wants to understand the thought and the motive behind choosing your career as a police officer. You can start by talking about your passion, your commitment which you have towards serving the country. You are able to understand the intensity of the work and integrity needed in the police department of UP. You can say that you always wanted to help those people who incapable of supporting themselves. Also, that you don’t have the nature of seeing cruel people taking advantage of people with innocence. These are the main reasons why you are choosing this rewarding career as helping others gives you peace.
- How does this post of ASI help the community?
Ans: Helping the community and handling the crime are the 2 main duties of a police officer. In order to serve the community, the officers need to protect the property and lives of the citizens at any cost. Also, the serving part of the ASI officers also fluctuates with the number of inhabitants in the community. Named as peace officers, do a lot to help the community such as protect the streets on control traffic, or work as detectives investigating crimes. They might also be taken to work in the crime labs or the records department.
- What are the responsibilities of an ASI?
Ans: The primary responsibility of a ASI is providing safety to the residents of the area by enforcing the law as well as maintaining the structure of the public safety. Also, patrolling in the streets, tracking down the criminals, directing the traffic and dealing with offenders is the other set of responsibilities of an ASI. Out of all of them, at the top of it is working for localized or state police departments and then covering all the duties which come under their profile. These officers are trained for all the job roles they need to cover while serving the nation.
- With in how much time one have to report a crime?
Ans: There is no sense in wasting a time when you have witnessed or fallen victim to a crime. You need to report the crime immediately. There are certain limitations when reporting a crime. These are called the statute of limitations; these are used for the proper governance of the time which goes in reporting a crime before it is “forgiven” by the court of law.
The fear of being penalized is common, but still if you have fallen victim or have witnessed a crime, then you must report it without fear.
- What tips will you follow to act normally in a hostage situation?
Ans: Staying polite and calm are the primary skills which are needed — other qualities which one should have being a police officer while witnessing a hostage situation are:
- Cooperation with the other officers by not drawing attention to yourself.
- Obey the them and avoiding being loud-mouthed.
- First analyse the situation.
- Memorizing the physical appearance of the people present there on the crime scene.
- Note for the body language of the witnesses.
- Tell me your reaction if an individual offered money for you to “forget” his /her crime?
Ans: I would not encourage any sort of corruption. If any suspect offer me any money or other related stuff, I will take strict actions against him or her. It is because corruption does not occur from one side, but from both.
- If you see a fellow officer commit a crime, how would you react?
Ans: You do want to create an answer with the wrong tone. You shouldn’t sound happy at this situation. Instead, it’s okay to be a little cheerless, as well as to acknowledge the complexity of the situation. You can say that I will warn him and take action against him if needed.
- What does police officer do on a day to day basis?
Ans: We are ensuring public safety by responding to the emergencies, maintaining the order and offering the best protection to citizens and property.
- Enforcing laws related to a vehicles, criminal laws and taking the life of the community to a new level.
- Identifying the suspects, searching for and arresting them.
- Documenting facts and figures for the further process of crime reporting such as documentation of the activities and incidents.
- Finding the criminal act or statute violations.
- Study of the complaint and emergency- request information for the requirements.
- Sometimes patrolling some areas on foot and giving the best help.
- Explain the various levels that a police officer must keep in mind while handling a criminal?
Ans: Here are some of the best rules a police officers should follow while interacting with a criminal:
- Make sure that he or she has read their constitutional rights.
- Clearly make them understand why they have been taken into custody for.
- Ensure that they have a lawyer present during the conversation.
- Explain things with clarity in a simple way and avoid violence at all costs.
Why Is ASI Important For Our Society?
The agenda of keeping the ASIs in our society is to maintain a safe and constitutional environment. Here are some benefits to have them in our society:
- Non stop patrolling of the streets even during the odd hours.
- Good public relationships.
- Improved security of the public.
- Reduction in the rate of crimes.
- Increased crime intimidation.
Top 10 UP Police Oral Board Questions
In the process of police hiring jobs, oral board round plays an important role to get selected for the job. As an aspirant, it is required not only to pass the round but to beat the others in the competition. For that you need to score higher than everyone. Here is the list of top 10 ASI oral board questions for interview.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why did you decide to become a police officer?
- Why did you select our agency?
- What do you know about the job?
- List your biggest strengths/weaknesses.
- What are your career goals?
- What do you know about our organization?
- Why do you think you are qualified for a police officer?
UP Police ASI Interview Tips
Here are some UP Police ASI interview tips that will be helpful for you, if you consider them correctly while attending the interview:
- Stay relaxed and
- Be honest, do not make up any stories
- Listen carefully before answering.
- Show the interview board how disciplined you are.
Top UP Police ASI Interview Scenario Questions
You need to prepare yourself for the comprehensive process of hiring, to become a Assistant Sub Inspector. There may be a separate round where you will be asked to answer some scenario or situational based questions asked by the experts. Here is the list of some popular UP Police interview scenario questions that you can expect for the interview.
- How you are going to tackle the situation where your senior has asked you to perform the tasks or things which are not in your scope or with the office standards?
- Explain the scenario where you have to handle the situation where 2 coworkers are coming to you for complaining about each other.
- How would you tackle the situation where you have to handle an employee who is not adhering to the company’s standard?
- How would you help your employees in a situation where your staff is short and your team has to work extra time?
- How would you convince your manager to not doing extra time in the office when your manager told you to stay back and you have some outing plans.
More Police Interview Questions
- What is the biggest law enforcement challenge you see in the State of UP?
- What do you hope to achieve as a Assistant Sub Inspector?
- How will you keep yourself calm in stressful situations?
- When faced with a over time, what steps will you take to stay motivated and alert?
- Which part of your training experience did you like the most?
- Why do you want to work for this country?
- If you come across a physical altercation in progress, how would you break up the fight and handle the situation?
- Tell me about a situation where you were faced with a moral dilemma. What was the situation about, and how did you tackle it?
- What would you do If you saw a friend or family member commit a minor crime, when were off duty? What about if you were on duty?
- How do you make sure that you can work with people of different personality types?
- While on patrol, if you come across one or more of the persons you need to talk to that do not speak English, how will you handle the situation?
- If you stopped a speeding vehicle and discovered that the driver was a member of your family, would you still issue the ticket?
- Tell me about your last senior officer. What did you think of him or her?
- If a senior gave you an order that you knew was against regulations, what would you still do it?
- If a senior gave you a lawful order, but you do not agree with it, what would you do?
- Why do you think you make a good ASI?
- Tell me about a scenario where you responded to a call and made a mistake.. How did you make up?
- Will you ever discharged your firearm while on duty? If so, what will lead up to that moment?
- How much would you rate your level of physical fitness?
- Tell me about your greatest weakness and how it will impact you on the job.
- How will your academy instructors describe you? How about your fellow trainees?
- What rules do you use to stay objective when responding to a call?
- Paperwork is an important part of the job. What steps do you follow to ensure you remain organized and that all of your reports and documents are finished on time?
- As a ASI, how will you make a positive impact on our local community?
- How would you handle an individual who repeatedly called the police for personal issues?
- How would you handle a person who makes a false report?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- If you had to take a member of your family into custody, how would you approach the situation?
- Which of the day-to-day tasks associated with being an ASI do you feel is most important?
- If you took a violent offender into custody and while en route to booking, you face a serious vehicle accident, what would you do?
Some Good Questions that Can be asked at the End of a Police Interview
Once your interview about to end, you’ll usually get an important opportunity. It’s normal for you to get a chance to to ask the interviewer some questions, letting you learn more about the job, department, and more.
In many cases, coming up with a few questions in your back pocket is the best way. That way, if you can’t think up anything on the fly, you can still cover.
After all, asking smart questions is important. It shows you are interested and informed, both of which work in your favor and might help you stand out from other aspirants.
So, if you aren’t sure what to ask, here are 5 good questions for you which you can use in the end of a police interview:
- In your opinion, what is the most difficult aspect of policing in this jurisdiction?
- Apart from serving as law enforcement officers, what does the department do to help serve the community?
- If you could give one piece of advice to the ASI joining the department that would help them succeed, what would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy and dislike the most about working for this department?
- What do you enjoy most about serving this state of Uttar Pradesh?
Please understand that the above questions are the most likely asked interview questions for the police. There are chances that they will ask you some other question that are not in the above list, it depends on the panel of professionals who are interviewing you. But always keep in mind, their goal is the same and they are looking for the ASI for their department.
Go ahead and face your Interview confidently and smartly. Always remember not to discuss anything which will leave a negative impression about you. It’s better to stay quite than saying rubbish.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.