Table of Contents
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission issues the TNPSC Recruitment Exam every year to shortlist suitable candidates who wish to join the Tamil Nadu public service. Candidates for various Groups’ service positions are selected both with and without an interview.
Is TNPSC Exam Tough?
TNPSC or the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a liberated body and department of the Government of Tamil Nadu that recruits personnel for various roles on offer in the state’s public service. Each year the TNPSC exam is performed in groups (I to VII) to recruit deserving candidates for low-level, mid-level, and high-level posts.
Choosing for the lower-level posts is done cleanly based on the written examination whereas selection for the mid-level posts and high-level posts involve 2-3 rounds. Recruitment for mid-level posts involves a written test followed by an oral test while the process for high-level posts concerns a prelims examination, mains exam, and a final interview.
If you know how to study well with attention, you will succeed in the tough competition. According to the statements of experts, it is somewhat difficult to crack the TNPSC Exams. Most of the aspirants fail to flourish in the TNPSC exam because they could not answer as many questions as possible in a given duration of time.
The Tough Exam in TNPSC
TNPSC Group 2, the second level of the examination performed by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission next to the Group 1 exam is considered to be the toughest exam in TNPSC. Candidates who are chosen for the interview post in the Group 2 exam will be recruited as gazetted officers like Group 1 officers in the state government of Tamil Nadu. They will be functioning under the Group 1 officers. With the heavy competition applied in TNPSC exams, it is very necessary to take an earnest effort of preparation to clear the exam and acquire your dream job.
A good study plan can help you to schedule well for your examination. A concentrated study is worthy of several hours of inattentive study. If you know how to study well with attention, you will achieve in the tough competition. Most of the aspirants fail to flourish in the TNPSC exam because they could not answer as many questions as possible in a given duration of time. Practicing online tests will enhance your ability to answer all the questions in the exam in the given duration. So practice as much as possible to enhance yourself.
There is no option to hard work when it comes to preparing for exams but smart work is also as essential as hard work. You should start with the subjects and the topics that are most complex and carry the maximum weightage. Simply reading a textbook will not allow performing well in the exam, regular revision is required and it enables one to score high marks in the exam.
Tips to Crack the TNPSC Exam
In this article, we will also cover some time-tested tips and strategies that will assist you to crack the TNPSC exam effortlessly irrespective of which group you are involved in.
- Being thorough with the syllabus and the exam pattern is an important thing. The syllabus and exam pattern change for each group based on the post you are applying for. Please assure that you check the official website for the detailed syllabus and exam pattern relevant to your post/TNPSC Group.
- Before you start preparing, solve an official mock or the previous year’s question paper while imitating exam conditions to find out where you stand. Check the official answer key and use the exact marking scheme for your post/group to evaluate yourself. For example, you can check out the TNPSC Groups answer key.
- Based on your performance, you can come up with a natural study plan that permits you to concentrate on your weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths.
- Adapt yourself with the marking scheme, and the overall cutoff. Your objective should be to clear the overall cutoff comfortably. If you follow the previous year’s question papers carefully, you will detect that certain topics/areas are tested more repeatedly and given more weightage. Concentrate on these topics to maximize your score and clear the cutoff.
- Applications for the TNPSC exam are asked through an online portal and the notification for the exam is issued along with all the relevant details. Please check the official website – Tnpsc.gov.in for details such as the vacancies, eligibility criteria, important dates, and steps applied in the application. Try to complete the application courtesies as soon as possible. This will help you concentrate all your energy and time on preparation.
- Most posts need the candidates to be professional in Tamil on the date of the notification. Assure that you have proof supporting your knowledge of the Tamil language. Please note that any academic qualification acquired to support your claim after the date of the exam notification will not be accepted.
- Candidates are anticipated to be well-versed with the current affairs relevant to Tamil Nadu and familiar with the issues that trouble the state. These will be tested during the interview phase or the oral test. It is advisable to read the newspaper daily (English and Tamil). This will enable you to stay current and brush up on your Tamil before the exam.
- Assure that you select the right study material for each subject. Expend some time researching before selecting a book. It is advisable to use only one book (per subject) that fits your style of preparation.
- Solve questions after learning a new concept to support and cement your knowledge. This will preserve you a lot of time.
- Once you are thorough with topics across all the subjects try solving all the previous question papers while imitating exam conditions. Keep a detailed error log and review topics that you continually stutter at. The last 2-3 weeks in the run-up to the exam should be completely utilized for cracking mocks and increasing your confidence.
Now all that’s left to do is to get begun and implement these strategies to secure success.
A robust study is worthy of several hours of inattentive studies. If you know how to study well with attention, you will succeed in the tough competition. Most of the aspirants fail to thrive in the TNPSC exam because they could not answer as many questions as possible in a given duration of time. Preparation with the ENTRI Learning App notes will always help the candidates to better study and achieve their goals.