Jehan Daruvala grabbed magnificient victory in Formula 2 race held in Bahrain becoming the first Indian ever to win Formula 2 race in Sunday’s sprint race against Mick Schumacher and Daniel Ticktum. Jehan Daruvala, a 22-year-old Indian created history on Sunday when he finished on the top step of the podium at Sakhir sprint race in Bahrain. Jehan Daruvala who is racing for Carlin with Motorsport has won the race by 2.9s as he and his Carlin teammate Tsunoda finished 1-2. The Formula 2 Championship is a second-tier single-seater racing championship.
Jehan Daruvala quoted after victory “I always believed in myself, it was just a couple of reasons why things did really go well at the start of the season. They got better and better, and yeah, to finish on a high like I said means quite a lot to me,”
“I hope I will be back here next year in the FIA F2 Championship. Hopefully, this win gives me some confidence to be a contender for the title next year.”
Motorsport is pretty big in India. We obviously have a lot of people, so I have a big fan base back home, and my goal at the end of the day is to do myself and my country proud,” Jehan said, as quoted by the PTI.
About Jehan Daruvala
- Daruvala was born in Mumbai to Khurshed and Kainaz Daruvala, a Parsi family. He studied at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim.
- In 2011, at the age of 13 years Jehan Daruwala started He bagged the titles of champion and vice-champion across Asia and Europe.
- He was coached by Rayomand Banajee who recognised his talent early and guided him.
- In 2015, Daruvala stepped into single-seaters with Fortec Motorsport in the Formula Renault 2.0 championships and claimed fifth place in the Northern European Cup and partook as a guest driver in the Eurocup and Alps series. In the following year, Daruvala joined reigning series champions Josef Kaufmann Racing and took his first pole position and win in the Northern European Cup to finish fourth overall.
- in December 2016 Daruvala signed to race with Carlin and finished sixth in the 2017 European Formula 3 Championship.
- In 2019, he competed in the inaugural Formula 3 season for the Prema Powerteam and won two races and finished third in the championship, only one point behind his teammate Marcus Armstrong.
- In February 2020, He reunited with Carlin to contest in the 2020 season of FIA Formula 2 Championship along side Red Bull Junior Team member Yuki Tsunoda and finished the race with his first ever win in the Formula 2 Sprint Race at Sakhir, Bahrain.
- His win in the Formula 2 Sprint Race at Sakhir, Bahrain is his first-ever F2 victory.
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation?
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.