Table of Contents
Jharkhand Public Service Commission sets the syllabus for the Combined Civil Service Exam. The Jharkhand State Government is authorized by the Constitution to seek assistance from the commission in matters of recruitment, transfer, and disciplinary action.
The JPSC Exam Pattern is divided into 3 stages:
- Prelims – 2 Objective type papers for 200 Marks each.
- Mains – 6 Descriptive type Papers, all the papers are compulsory
- Personality Test – 100 Marks
JCCS Exam Pattern 2022 – Prelims
There are three stages to the Jharkhand Combined Civil Services Exam 2022. The JPSC Prelims Exam consists of two mandatory papers; the Exam Pattern for the JPSC Prelims Exam is as follows:
|Name of exam||Combined Civil Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC)|
|Number of Papers||2 papers on General Studies|
|Time Duration||2 Hours|
|Marks for each paper||200 Marks|
|Total Marks for Preliminary exam||400 Marks|
JPSC CCS Exam Pattern 2022 – Mains
Candidates who pass the JPSC Prelims test will be eligible to take the JPSC Mains exam. Typically, the number of candidates chosen for the Mains is ten times the total number of openings.
|Name of exam||Combined Competitive Exam (Mains)|
|Conducting Body||Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC)|
|Number of Papers||6 papers|
|Time Duration||3 Hours each|
|Total Marks for Mains Exam||1050|
|Paper||Name of Paper||Total Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper I||General English & General Hindi||3 Hours||100|
|Paper-II||Language and Literature||3 Hours||150|
|Paper III||Social Sciences||3 Hours||200|
|Paper IV||Indian Constitution & Polity||3 Hours||200|
|Paper V||Indian Economy||3 Hours||200|
|Paper VI||General Sciences||3 Hours||200|
JPSC CCS Syllabus 2022 – Prelims
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Sustainable development
- Science and Technology
- Question related to Jharkhand
- National and international current events.
- General questions of miscellaneous nature
Important notes about the JPSC Syllabus for Prelims:
- Candidates must concentrate on the state of Jharkhand’s economic, political, and social development in the history part.
- Candidates must pay close attention to the geography of Jharkhand in the Geography subject.
- There will be no penalty for making a mistake.
- These two papers will be objective in nature.
JPSC CCS Syllabus 2022 – Mains
There are no optional papers in the JPSC Mains Syllabus. The following are the details of the JPSC Mains Syllabus:
- Paper I: Hindi and English (total of 100 Marks)
- Paper-II: Language and Literature (total 150 Marks)
- Paper III: Social Sciences, Geography, History (total 200 Marks)
- Paper IV: Indian Constitution, Polity, Public Administration, Good government (total 200 Marks)
- Paper V: Economy of India, Globalization, and Sustainable development (total marks 200 Marks)
- Paper VI: General Sciences, Environment & Technology Development (total 200 Marks)
Paper 1 (General Hindi and General English)
Paper 1 is a qualifying exam; each candidate must receive at least 30 out of a possible 100 points. Mains Paper 1 will comprise two portions, according to the JPSC test pattern:
Both papers will be equally weighted (50 marks each). This test is used to assess a candidate’s ability to communicate in more than two languages. This paper is broken into the following categories based on the JPSC test pattern:
Paper 2 (Language and Literature)
Candidates who are taking this exam can choose from the following languages and literature:
- Santhali Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
Paper 3 (Social Sciences, History and Geography)
The JPSC Mains Paper 3 test format is split into two sections.
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
The syllabus for the history part includes the following topics:
- Ancient period
- Medieval Period
- Modern Period
- History of Jharkhand
The syllabus for the Geography subject includes the following topics:
- Physical Geography (General Principles)
- Physical and Human Geography of India
- Natural Resources of India: Development and Utilization
- Geography of Jharkhand and utilization of its resources.
- Industrial and Urban Development
- The pattern on Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
Paper 4 (Indian Constitution, Polity, Public Administration and Good governance)
Candidates will have to deal with themes from two sections in this Paper, according to the JPSC Mains Syllabus.
- Public Administration and Good governance
- Indian Constitution and Polity
The following subjects are covered by the Indian Constitution and Polity:
- Preamble, salient features of the Indian constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy
- Union Government (Executive and Legislature)
- State Government (Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Panchayats and Municipalities)
- Centre-state relations
- Special provisions relating to the administration of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribal Areas.
- Emergency provisions of the Constitution
- Election Commission of India
- Political parties and pressure groups
The following are the subjects covered by Public Administration and Good Governance.
- Public Administration – Meaning, scope and significance
- Public and private administration
- Union Administration – Central Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Ministers Office, Planning Commission, Finance Commission
- State Administration- State Secretariat, Chief Secretary, Chief Ministers Office
- District Administration – Origin and development of the office of District Magistrate and Collector, changing role of the District Collector, the impact of the separation of the judiciary on district administration
- Personnel Administration – Recruitment of civil services, Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission, training of civil servants, leadership and its qualities, employees morale and productivity
- Delegation, Centralization and decentralization of authority
- Bureaucracy – its merits and demerits, the role of bureaucracy in policy formulation and its implementation; nexus between bureaucracy and political executive; generalist versus specialist
- Development administration
- Disaster Management- causes, mitigation, classification of disasters, immediate and long term measures
- Good governance – Lokpal, Lokayukta, Central Vigilance Commissioner, grievance redressal, right to service act, right to information act, right to education act, consumer protection act, domestic violence against women (prevention) act
- Human Rights – concept, meaning, universal declaration of human rights, National Human Rights Commission, State Human Rights Commission, terrorism, social issues
Paper 5 (Indian Economy, Globalization, and Sustainable development)
Questions about the Indian economy, globalisation, and other related issues will be asked. The JPSC Paper Five Mains Syllabus includes the following topics:
Basic features of Indian Economy
- National Income
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and Rural economy
- Industrial economy
- Public finance
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- Indian monetary and its structure
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
Sustainable Development, Economic Issues, and Indian Development Strategy
- Economic development, its meaning and measurement
- Importance of Foreign capital, role of technology in the growth of Indian economy
- Sustainable development
- Development status, problems related to socially and economically marginalized sections
- Poverty and Unemployment
- Food and nutritional security
- Economic Reforms taken
Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- New economic reforms
- Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
- Globalization of Indian Economy
- Agriculture sector
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India
The economy of Jharkhand – its features, problems, challenges, and key strategies
- Economic growth and present structure of economy of Jharkhand
- Demography features of Jharkhand
- Poverty status, unemployment, food security, malnutrition, education reforms, and health indicators in Jharkhand, etc.
- Land, forest and environmental problems in Jharkhand
Paper 6 (General Sciences, Technology Development, and Environment)
The exam will cover the topics listed below from the following five sections.
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Technology Development
Steps to download the JPSC CCS Syllabus 2022?
- Visit the official website for more information (jpsc.gov.in).
- Click the JPSC Syllabus link on the homepage (Combined Civil Services Exam).
- Click the link.
- A new window will appear on the screen, presenting the JPSC Syllabus.
- Save the syllabus to your computer for future reference.
JPSC CCS Syllabus 2022 – Download PDF
I hope you found this article useful. The secret to clearing an exam is to prepare methodically and strategically. If you’re a candidate looking to start your dream job but don’t know where to start, our Entri app has you covered. Our staff will provide you with content and insights on the topics that affect you. Become a member of our app today and enroll in one of the many programs available. Stay up to date on various elements of the subject you’re interested in by using the app. Please feel free to leave any questions or concerns in the comments area. We will make every effort to reach back. Remove any self-doubts and negative thoughts from your mind. Make an effort to maintain a clear viewpoint. Consider why you desire this. Concentrate on the positive aspects of your situation and work diligently. Each day is a valuable gift that has been placed upon us, so make the most of it. Make an effort to improve yourself. Today is the day; let’s hope it goes well. Best wishes.