Teachers are nation builders. The strength of every profession in our country grows with the knowledge and skills the teachers help to instill in the students. Teaching being one of the most valued and respected profession is treasured very much in our country. In order to provide the best to our young minds and to improve the standards of teaching, the government of India introduced Teacher Eligibility Test in 2011. The teachers who are interested to work with the government sector have to qualify in the teacher Eligibility test in order to be considered. Kerala TET examinations are conducted by Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan twice in a year. Kerala TET ensures the quality of teachers for lower primary, primary and high school phase of education in Kerala. In this article let us check for the Kerala TET preparation Tips.
Kerala TET Preparation Tips
“The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital” Joe Paterno.
As the quote states, preparation is mandatory to succeed in any aspects of life .So let us check the six strategies that will help in your preparation for Kerala- TET
Six Strategies That Has to Be Implemented When You Initiate the Preparations for Kerala-TET
1. Keep yourself acquainted with the examination dates and evaluate the exam pattern.
The first step of preparing for any examination is checking the dates of the exam. Kerala TET 2021 examination will be announced soon. The online application had begun on April 28, 2021, and will be active till 23 May 2021.
Subscribe Entri to get notified on the release of the Kerala TET 2021 second set of examination
Let us now check for the examination pattern of Kerala TET May 2021. The examination is conducted for different categories. Each category has different topics included for the examination. We will brief you on the exam pattern for all the four categories of Kerala TET. The candidate has to score the cut off marks in this examination to be considered qualified.
1. K- TET Category 1 – Classes 1 to 5 (lower Primary)
|Part No.||Topic||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy
(relevant to age group 6-11)
|2.||Language I-Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada||30||30|
|3.||Language II- English/Arabic||30||30|
2. K- TET Category 2 – Classes 6 to 8 (Primary)
|Part No||Topic||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age
|(a) For Mathematics and Science teachers:
Mathematics and Science
(b) For Social Science teachers: Social Science or
(c) For any other teachers (a) or (b)
|2.||Language I-Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada/English||30||30|
|3.||Language II-(Other than Language I)
3. K- TET Category 3 –High school classes
|Part No||Topic||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1.||Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning
and Teaching Aptitude
|3.||Subject specific areas (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
4.K- TET Category 4 –Language teachers in Arabic, Urdu, Sanskrit, Hindi (Up to Upper primary level), Specialist Teachers and Physical Education Teachers
|Part No||Topic||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1.||Child Development, Pedagogy &
|3.||Subjects specific paper
(Content & Pedagogy)
Decide accordingly the category you are looking for, then begin your preparation for the topics that are included in that category of Kerala TET
2. Know the syllabus – ‘When you know better, you do better’
Once you are thorough with the exam pattern you have to keep yourself updated with the syllabus of each topic include for the exam. Only then we can plan a study schedule based on the topics included in the exam.
Kerala TET Category 1 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 2 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 3 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 4 syllabus- Click here to download
3. Refer to effective sources: Online Books, Online sessions and Video Tutorials.
After getting a definite outline on the syllabus of Kerala TET 2021 examinations, the preparation for the exam has to be initiated. Selection of study materials plays a very important role in helping you score better for the examination. Hence one has to make the decision wisely and begin the selection of study materials before you begin the study preparation.
Online Study Material like – Online E-Books, PDFs, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Tests Series, Video Lectures etc, provides an easy to learn environment. Online preparation for Kerala TET exam is a productive decision that you can make. Students will be able to learn at their own pace too. This is one of the reasons why most of the candidates opt for Online Study Material instead of going for the classroom study.
There are many e-learning websites; one of the best, India’s Leading Online Learning platform is Entri. Here you can obtain the complete test series, which is available for free. Login to the website for successful achievement of your dream job (link below)
4. Structure a study schedule and execute it earnestly.
Following are the few tips that can be followed in order to study smartly for the examinations
- Set short term goals: Candidate has to devise a goal based timeline.
- Check for focus areas: After getting the details about the exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. Start working on the topic in which you need more attention. Prepare short notes for doing quick revision for exams.
- Time Management: The key to success depends on how well you manage time.
- Avoid any guess works: Guesswork may lead you to wrong answers. Don’t waste much time on one question and move onto the next if you are not sure about the correct answer.
- Read the complete question: Candidates are required to avoid the mistake of reading incomplete questions and arriving at incorrect answer eventually. Read the questions carefully and check what is being asked.
- Effective examination tips and faster memorization tips can be utilized when preparing for the exam.
5. Take mock tests seriously
Mock test will have questions in the exactly similar pattern as to the main exam. Questions are in the same format and you need to solve in same time limit. Solving mock test gives you a perfect idea about the actual exam.
Few important measures to be kept in mind when you take the mock tests are
- Do not casually take up the mock test. Mock test has to be answered in a complete examination like environment to acquire the complete benefits.
- Do not end it up with just answering the test. Ensure to perform analysis of the test attempted as it assists you to track the progress with instant answer evaluations.
- Mock test will help you identify problem areas, but it can also help reassure you that you indeed know your subject.
- By discovering and confirming your subject matter strengths, you can devote more time to the areas where you really need focus
6. Self-Motivation is the key to success
No amount of preparation will help you until you believe in yourself and your ability to crack the exam. It is very essential to believe in your efforts, motivate yourself not just to get marks but to gain a deeper conceptual clarity about different topics.
As teachers you should not only work hard to clear this Kerala TET examination but you should also work hard with an intention to deliver the best message to your students that will give them a strong impact in life
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Kerala teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET)
Entri provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties from PSC Coaching field.
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Entri wishes you all the best for upcoming examinations.