The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by the Office of the Commissioner for Government Examinations for the selection of teachers of the schools in Kerala. This entrance precisely checks whether candidates possess adequate skills to teach Lower Primary, Upper Primary, and High School classes in Kerala schools. The implementation and organization of the KTET exam are given to Pareeksha Bhavan in Kerala. KTET Exam is conducted based on rules and regulations constituted by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Kerala.
Highlights of KTET 2021 Exam
|Name of Examination||Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test 2021|
|Level of the Examination||State-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Purpose of the Examination||For the selection of candidates for the post of teacher in Kerala|
|Official Website of KTET||http://ktet.kerala.gov.in/index.php|
According to the official statement of KTET 2021, there would be separate tests for each of the various categories of the selection of teachers. The website of KTET lists down the categories.
- Category I Lower Primary Classes
- Category II Upper Primary Classes
- Category III High School Classes
- Category IV
- For Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu ( up to Upper Primary Classes)
- Specialist Teachers (Art and Craft)
- Physical Education teachers
Eligibility criteria of KTET 2021
The minimum eligibility criteria required to sit for the KTET exam for all 4 categories are given below.
Eligibility for category I of KTET 2021 exam ( Lower Primary Classes)
Candidates need to possess the following mentioned educational qualifications to be eligible for KTET 2021 Category I test.
- At Least 45% marks in Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and two years Trained Teachers Certificate (TTC) conducted by Government of Kerala, Board of Examination, or its equivalent.
- At Least 45% marks in Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations 2002.
- At Least 50% marks in Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education known as BEIEd.
- At Least 50% marks in Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently-abled categories are liable for getting relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks. 3% of relaxation is liable for OBC and OEC candidates in qualifying marks.
Eligibility for category II of KTET 2021 exam ( Upper Primary Classes)
- BA/BSc/Bcom and two-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers Certificate (TTC) conducted by the Kerala government, Board of Examination, or its equivalent.
- At least 40% marks in BA/BSc/Bcom and one year Bachelor in Education (BEd) as per NCTE (Recognition, Norms, and Procedure) regulations issued at regular intervals of time.
- At least 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) and four-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (BEIEd).
- At least 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) and four years BA/BSc Ed or BA Ed or BSc. Ed.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently-abled categories will be getting a relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks. 3% of relaxation will be there for OBC and OEC candidates in qualifying marks.
Eligibility for category III of KTET 2021 exam (High School Classes)
Candidates need to possess any of the following mentioned educational qualifications to be eligible for the KTET 2021 Category III test.
- At Least 45% marks in BA/BSc/Bcom and a BEd degree in the subject concerned (from the recognized universities of Kerala or have received the qualifications as mentioned earlier from any other Universities recognized equivalent)
- Candidates applying for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology subjects need to have an MSc Ed degree in the subjects mentioned earlier with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education under NCERT. If these criteria fulfill, candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying for Zoology and Botany subjects need to have an MSc Ed degree in the above-mentioned subjects with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education. They will only be eligible for applying.
- At least 45% marks in BA or its equivalent and pass in LTTC are eligible to apply.
Some other additional criteria for KTET 2021 Category III candidates.
- Any candidate who has received their Diploma/Degree in teaching in any subject and is approved from the Universities/NCTE/Board of Examination/Kerala Government is eligible to apply for the KTET III category. They need to produce the concerned certificates to be able to prove their teaching diploma as recognized by the Universities of the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates who have received their qualifications from the recognized correspondence courses or Open Universities can also produce the certificates from any one of the Universities of Kerala, or it’s an equivalence.
- The marks received in the main and subsidiary papers only shall be considered for calculating the minimum qualifications.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently-abled categories are eligible for 5% relaxation in qualifying marks. 3% of relaxation will be applicable for OBC and OEC candidates in qualifying marks.
Eligibility for category IV of KTET 2021 exam
- Candidates willing to apply for category IV must have the required qualifications concerning the post of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, and Urdu (up to Upper Primary Classes)
- Specialist Teachers and Physical Education teachers must adhere to the qualifications as given in Chapter XXXI of the KERALA EDUCATION ACT AND RULES for applying to the KTET IV category.
Vacancy Details, Salary, and Perks of KTET Exam
The salaries for the posts of teaching assistant in lower primary, upper primary, and high school are different. All the salary details are given below. It must be noted that all the positions are liable for house rent allowance, dearness allowance, and city compensation allowance. Apart from this, there are perks for the backward categories of people in terms of monetary funds that are announced by the authority with the official notifications. There are various vacancies available at the time of selection. The authority releases no official vacancy document.
|Lower Primary Assistant Salary||Rs 25,200 to Rs 54,000|
|Upper Primary Assistant Salary||Rs 25,200 to Rs 54,000|
|High School Assistant Salary||Rs 29,200 to Rs 62,400|
With Entri you will be able to revise and recheck all the important portions as well as candidates can do more mock tests and practice the previous year’s question papers. so don’t wait until the exam comes. Subscribe to Entri today itself and earn a good career. Entri wishes you Good Luck with all upcoming exams.