Teaching jobs are the dream job for many aspirants. And a teacher can make a generation capable to follow and achieve their dream. Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test aka K-TET is the exam considered as must eligibility for applying for teaching posts in LP/UP/High school sections. Usually, the exam is conducted twice a year. The notification was released for May 2021. Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan is in charge of conducting the TET exam in Kerala. The aspirants can apply through online mode and no offline applications are entertained. So, in this article let us check the Kerala TET job profile details
Importance of Kerala TET Exam
It is a question for every aspirant that- why such an eligibility test is required? What benefit is expected from such a competitive examination? Why this much tough exam is conducted for selecting teachers for lower classes?
Let us check the answers for these questions:
Right to Education (RTE) Act, 2009 ensures free and compulsory education to all children of India in the 6 to 14 age group. The act also urges the government to appoint teachers with defined quality. The teaching process requires candidates with teaching aptitude and abilities to manage the students. So, according to this act, the National Council for Teacher Education, NCTE, has released a notification on August 23, 2010. As per this notification, it is mandatory to have a pass in the Teacher Eligibility Test to teach for classes from 1-8.
The aptness of such a Teacher Eligibility Test can be stressed through these points:
This will provide a nationwide standard and quality in the appointment of teachers. The overall performance level of educational institutions and thereby that of the students will improve. Also, it will definitely make a notion that the government is involved in the selection of qualified teachers for the government educational system. Such a candidate will be competent enough to traverse all the aptitudes and zones of teaching.
Kerala TET Exam- Validity
The Kerala TET exam is valid for the schools included under RTE Act, Section 2 Government, and local schools (i) and that included under paragraph (ii) and also for the special schools.
Kerala TET Job Profile
The Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test is considered a pre-requisite for LP and UP assistants and up to high school sections. These are highly paid and socially recognized jobs. The selection is mostly district-wise recruitment. And after all, there is a chance for an appointment in your home town.
- The teachers have to prepare lesson plans and teaching notes.
- To supervise and take responsibility for a class- take care of each student.
- To take classes according to the syllabus.
- Motivate students towards organized learning and his/her overall development.
- Interact with parents and help them to assess their wards.
- Evaluate students based on their assignments, performance, and grades.
- Be a supportive helping hand, mentor for students, and a self-motivated learner.
Kerala TET Job Profile: Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted under four categories, viz., Category I, Category II, Category III, Category IV.
- Category I- For those who are qualified to be Lower Primary School teachers.
- Category II- For those who are qualified to be Upper Primary School teachers.
- Category III- For those who are qualified to be High School teachers.
- Category IV- For those who are qualified to be UP language teachers, Physical Education teachers, and special school teachers.
The maximum marks will be 150. And, there is no negative mark for the exam. The candidates who wish to improve their marks can attempt the exam more than once. There is no age- limit for the exam.
- General Category- 90 marks(60%)
- SC/ ST/ OBC / OEC- 82 marks (55%)
- PH- 75 marks (50%)
So, all these about the Kerala TET job profile. The aspirants can start the preparations now. The qualified candidates can apply for the recent LP/UP/ HSA recruitment and start the preparation with Entri. All the best to all teaching aspirants.