Teachers are nation builders. The strength of every profession in our country grows with the knowledge and skills the teachers help to instill in the students. Teaching being one of the most valued and respected profession is treasured very much in our country. In order to provide the best to our young minds and to improve the standards of teaching, the government of India introduced Teacher Eligibility Test in 2011. The teachers who are interested to work with the government sector have to qualify in the teacher Eligibility test in order to be considered. Kerala TET examinations are conducted by Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan twice in a year. Kerala TET ensures the quality of teachers for lower primary, primary and high school phase of education in Kerala. In this article let us check for the Kerala TET books for reference.
Kerala TET Books for Reference 2021
There are few important details you need to know as you begin your preparation by selecting the books for reference. Following are the few sections that will be discussed in this article.
- List of books for reference.
- Keep track on the dates of the examination so that you can plan a preparation schedule from the books for reference
- Keep yourself acquainted with the exam pattern as it will ease you to segregate the topics based on weightage.
- Know your syllabus very well as it will help with selecting the study contents from the books
- Check for the previous year papers as it will help you to prioritize the contents of the book based on its importance
- How Entri will help you in the process of achieving your dream of being a Kerala TET qualified teacher.
1. List of Books For Reference.
Let us check the books that will help the candidates with preparation for the Kerala TET
Book Name: Sura’s K-TET Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test Recruitment of Teachers category 1- Lower Primary Classes
Authors: M.Ravindhiran and V.V.K. Subburaj
Publisher: Sura College of Competition
Book Name: K-TET C-TET For all categories
Author: Dr.V.Balakrishnan MA. PhD
Publisher: Manorama Books (2019)
Book Name: K-TET Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test Success Master Category-II (Upper Primary Classes) Paper-II Mathematics & Science Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Book Name: K-TET Educational Psychology
Author: Dr.V.Balakrishnan MA
Publisher: Manorama Books
Book Name: K-TET Rank File 2021
Publisher: Talent Academy
Book Name: TET -Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test
Author: Team Anand
Publisher: 2B Books
Book Name: TET – Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test – Paper-II- UP Section – Rank File 2019
Publisher: Anand Publications
2. Kerala TET Important Dates 2021
|Online application for first batch of KTET 2021 started on||28 April 2021|
|Online application ended on||23 May 2021|
|Examination Date||Will Announce soon|
|Result date||Will Update later|
|Online application for the second batch of KTET 2021 release date||Will be updated when released|
|Examination date||Will be updated soon|
3. Kerala TET Exam Pattern 2021
As we select the books to prepare for the exam it is also very important to be well acquainted with the examination pattern to make the best usage of the resource books. If the topics and the question pattern is known in advance it will help the candidate in segregating the topics based on its importance.
Any book can be utilised better if you know what content of that book has to be referred.
The Kerala TET exam is conducted for lower primary, primary, high school and language specific categories. The brief details of the exam is given below
- Mode of the exam: Objective type
- Total number of questions :150
- The maximum marks:150
- The maximum duration: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Medium: Malayalam and English .language exams will be in the respective language
- For every correct answer one mark will be added to the total score
Tabulated below are the topics included in each category of K-TET examinations.
|K- TET Category 1 – Classes 1 to 5 (lower Primary)||K- TET Category 2 – Classes 6 to 8 (Primary)||K- TET Category 3 – Classes 8 to 10 (High school)||K- TET Category 4 –Language teachers, Specialist Teachers and Physical Education Teachers|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age
|Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning
and Teaching Aptitude
|Child Development, Pedagogy &
|Mathematics||(a) For Mathematics and Science teachers:
Mathematics and Science
(b) For Social Science teachers: Social Science or
(c) For any other teachers (a) or (b)
|Environmental Studies||Language I-Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada/English||Subject specific areas (Content & Pedagogy)||Subjects specific paper
(Content & Pedagogy)
|Language I-Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada||Language II-(Other than Language I)
|Language II- English/Arabic||—||—||—|
4. Know your syllabus better-KTET 2021 Syllabus
Once you are thorough with the exam pattern you have to keep yourself updated with the syllabus of each topic include for the exam. Only then we can plan a study schedule based on the topics included in the exam.
Kerala TET Category 1 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 2 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 3 syllabus- Click here to download
Kerala TET Category 4 syllabus- Click here to download
Once the syllabus is clear, check for the topics that need to be attended in the reference books and prepare a study schedule accordingly.
5. Previous Year Question Papers
Check the below uploaded previous years question papers. Segregate the topics of importance so that the resource books can be utilised appropriately.
Category 1: Lower Primary –Click here to download
Category 2: Primary –Click here to download
Category 4: language specific –Click here to download
6.How Entri will help you in the process of achieving your dream of Kerala TET qualified teacher.
Entri provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties from PSC Coaching field.
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Check the below links from Entri on Kerala TET 2021: