Table of Contents
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) conducts the Kerala Law Entrance Exam (KLEE). The Candidates can see the dates on the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. The Candidates who want to do the LLB and LLM courses can apply to this examination. The KLEE 2022 is expected to be held in the 2nd week of August 2022 for LLB and LLM Courses. In this article, the candidates can find all the information regarding KLEE 2022 exam dates such as the expected exam date, the release date of the application form, admit card, result, etc.
KLEE 2022 Exam Date
The candidates can check to the following provisional dates based on the previous year’s information –
|Events||LLB(3 and 5 Years)||LLM|
|Availability of application form||3rd week of July 2022||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||4rth week of July 2022||4rth week of July 2022|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of August 2022||1st week of August 2022|
|KLEE 2022||2nd week of August 2022||2nd week of August 2022|
|Result||1st week of September 2022||1st week of September 2022|
KLEE 2022 Expected Exam Date
The expected exam date of KLEE 2022 is the 2nd week of August 2022. We have expected the exam date by examining the KLEE exam dates of the last 3 years.
Candidates can check to the following table for the exam dates of the last 3 years.
|Years||L.L.B 3 Years||L.L.B 5 Years||L.L.M|
|KLEE 2021||12 Aug 2021||13 August 2021||12 October 2021|
|KLEE 2020||20 June 2020||22 June 2020||18 October 2020|
|KLEE 2019||10 March 2019||08 June 2019||09 June 2019|
KLEE 2022 Application Form Date
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE) has planned to publish its Application Form date in the 3rd week of July 2022. The Candidates have to register themselves by giving the basic information like name, mobile number, etc., and then fill in all the communication details, educational details, etc.
Then the candidates have to pay the application fees through credit card, debit card or internet banking, or through e-challan. Upload the photograph, signature, and all the other required documents like Verification of Community Certificate, Non-Creamy Layer Certificate, etc.
KLEE 2022 Admit Card Release Date
The KLEE admit card is anticipated to be released in the 1st week of August 2022. The KLEE admit card will be published on the official website. The candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
The KLEE admit card will include the Father’s Name, name of the Candidate, Time of the Examination, Date of the Examination, etc. It needs to be taken with a valid photo identity card like a Driving License, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc.
KLEE 2022 Result Date
The KLEE 2022 result is anticipated to be released in the 1st week of September 2022. The KLEE Result will be published online. The applicants will have to enter their application number and password to get their result.
The marksheet consists of the name of the candidate, Roll Number, Gender, Category, Total Marks, etc. The Rank list and a merit list are released on the official website.
KLEE 2022 Exam Schedule
Although the exam is held in 1 shift, the 5 years LLB exam can be held in 2 sessions. The exam date, time and reporting time at the exam centre is mentioned with the KLEE 2022 admit card.
|Course||Exam starts||Exam ends|
|3 years LLB||10 am||12 noon|
|5 year LLB||Session 1- 11:15
Session 2- 02:30 pm
|Session 1- 01:15
Session 2- 04:30 pm
|LLM||2:30 pm||4:30 pm|
KLEE 2022 Syllabus
KLEE 2022 LLB Syllabus (3 years and 5 years)
Candidates must note that although the KLEE syllabus for 5 years LLB and 3 years LLB is the same, their difficulty level is going to be different. This is because the 5 years LLB entrance exam is an undergraduate level exam. On the other hand, the 3 years LLB is a graduate-level exam. Therefore, candidates have to prepare keeping the difficulty level in mind.
The candidates who have applied for the LLB course in the KLEE 2022 Application form will have to prepare according to the KLEE 2022 LLB syllabus. The syllabus is not prescribed by the conducting body rather is based on the previous years’ trends and question paper. The syllabus is divided into four sections namely general English, general knowledge, arithmetic, and mental ability, and legal studies aptitude. So, the interested candidates may find the section-wise syllabus attached below:
KLEE 2022 General English Syllabus
The following major topics are covered under this section of English:
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Word Usage
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- Para Jumbles
- One word substitution
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Rearrangement
KLEE 2022 General Knowledge Syllabus
The syllabus for this section is very vast and covers knowledge in every fields like:
- Current affairs
- Eminent personalities
- Science and Technology
- Indian Polity
- International events
- Awards and honors
- Indian History
KLEE 2022 Arithmetic and Mental Ability Syllabus
The major topics included in this section are as follows:
- Profit & Loss
- Age based Problems
- Time & Distance
- LCM and HCF
- Time & Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mean, Mode and Median
- Simple and Compound Interest
KLEE 2022 Legal Studies Aptitude Syllabus
This syllabus is based on legal aptitude and the syllabus is as follows:
- Law of Torts
- Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- Famous Judgments
- Constitutional Law
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Parliament and Composition
- Legal Awareness regarding Constitutional Law and Polity
KLEE 2022 LLM Syllabus
The candidates who wish to seek admissions into the LLM Courses will have to go through the detailed syllabus while preparing for the KLEE 2022 Exam. The following section-wise syllabus is based on the past years’ papers and the syllabus has remained same over the time. The Syllabus for KLEE 2022 Syllabus is based on the topics candidates have studied in their LLB and is as provided below:
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence: Sources of Law, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Legal Sanctions.
- Public International Law: Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations, International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space.
- Constitutional Law: Directive Principles of State Policy(DPSP), Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution, Fundamental Rights.
- Law of Property: The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act,2000) and Right to Information Act (RTI),2005
- Law of Crimes: General Principles & General Exceptions of Indian Penal Code(IPC).
- Law of Torts: General principles of Tort, Defenses, Joint liability, State liability for torts, Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Administrative Law: Meaning, Definition, Scope and Significance of Administrative Law, Evolution and Development of Administrative Law in India, UK, USA , France, Relationship between Constitutional Law and Administrative Law ,Natural Justice and Statutory Provisions, Tortious Liability of the Administration, Administrative Action, Delegated Legislation, Administrative Directions, Administrative Adjudication, Rule of Law, Doctrine of Separation of Powers and its relevance in Contemporary times.
- Law of Contract: Introduction to general principles of contract, privity of contract, types of contract, formation, terms of contract, consideration, intention to create a legal obligation, capacity of contract, flaw in consent, misrepresentation, limits or rights to rescind, coercion, unlawful agreements, limits to contractual obligations, discharge of contracts, by breach, remedies of breach of contract, quasi-contract, Indian Contract Act – 1872, Specific Relief Act – 1963, Information Technology Act, 2000, Agency, sale of goods, bailment, guarantee, indemnity, partnership, consumer protection.
- Company Law: The Companies Act, 1956, The Emblems & Names (prevention of improper use) Act, 1950, Industries Development and Regulation Act, 1951, The Securities Contract Regulation Act, 1956, SEBI Act, 1992, Depositories Act, 1996, Laws governing securities and security holders, Accounting and auditing, Company meetings, resolutions and transactions, Powers of the company and its stakeholders, Corporate governance, Company transactions, corporate finance, structure, qualification and disqualification, duties of the director in the board of Directors, Corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisition, Liquidating the company.
- Interpretation of statutes: Introduction to Interpretation of Statutes, Aids to Interpretation, Commencement of Statutes; Retrospective effect of Statutes, Repeals and Temporary Statutes, Rules of Statutory Interpretation, Interpretation with reference to the subject matter of Statutes, Interpretation of Constitutional topics and values.
KLEE 2022 Exam Pattern
In order to start preparing for the exam, candidates must be fully aware of the KLEE 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Here, we have provided the complete pattern of the KLEE 2022 :
- Mode of the examination will be online that is Computer based test.
- The Format of the paper will be objective Type or MCQ type.
- A total of 200 Questions are asked in the exam
- The duration for the exam is 2 Hours.
- 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and zero mark for unanswered questions.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates can refer to the following table for the distribution of questions for the LLB syllabus:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Arithmetic and Mental Ability||25||75|
|Legal Studies Aptitude||70||210|
Candidates must refer to the following pattern for Part A of KLEE 2022 LLM
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Law of Crimes||25||75|
|Law of Contract||25||75|
For Part B of KLEE 2022 LLM, candidates may find the exam pattern as :
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Public International Law||20||60|
|Law of Property||20||60|
|Interpretation of statutes||10||30|
|Law of Torts||10||30|
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck