Table of Contents
Commissioner for Entrance Examination, Kerala specify the KLEE 2022 syllabus and exam pattern along with admission notification. The syllabus and exam pattern of KLEE 2022 will help the candidates during their preparation for the entrance exam. By referring to the KLEE 2022 syllabus and pattern, candidates can know about the subjects from which questions are asked in the examination and the exam pattern that will be followed. Kerala law entrance examination is conducted for 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB programmes offered by several government and private law colleges in Kerala. Go through this article to find the details on KLEE 2022 syllabus and exam pattern along with other relevant information.
KLEE Syllabus 2022
In this section, we have prepared the syllabus for the different courses covered under the KLEE entrance exam 2022. The syllabus here is created for both the LLB and LLM. Candidates can go through the following section.
KLEE 2022 LLB Syllabus
The candidates who have applied for the LLB course in the KLEE 2022 Application form will have to prepare for the exam according to the KLEE 2022 LLB syllabus. The syllabus is not set by the conducting body moreover it is based on the previous years’ trends and question paper. The syllabus is divided into four sections namely general English, general knowledge, arithmetic and mental ability, and legal studies aptitude. Candidates must note that although the KLEE syllabus for 5 years LLB and 3 years LLB is the same, their difficulty level is going to be different. This is because the 5 years LLB entrance exam is an undergraduate level exam. On the other hand, the 3 years LLB is a graduate-level exam. Therefore, candidates have to prepare keeping the difficulty level in mind. So, the interested candidates may find the section-wise syllabus attached below:
KLEE 2022 General English Syllabus
The given important topics are covered under this section of English:
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Word Usage
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- Para Jumbles
- One word substitution
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Rearrangement
KLEE 2022 General Knowledge Syllabus
The syllabus for this section is very wide and covers information in every fields such as:
- Current affairs
- Eminent personalities
- Science and Technology
- Indian Polity
- International events
- Awards and honors
- Indian History
KLEE 2022 Arithmetic and Mental Ability Syllabus
The main topics contained in this section are as follows:
- Profit & Loss
- Age based Problems
- Time & Distance
- LCM and HCF
- Time & Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mean, Mode and Median
- Simple and Compound Interest
KLEE 2022 Legal Studies Aptitude Syllabus
This syllabus is based on legal aptitude and the syllabus is as follows:
- Law of Torts
- Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- Famous Judgments
- Constitutional Law
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Parliament and Composition
- Legal Awareness regarding Constitutional Law and Polity
KLEE 2022 LLM Syllabus
The candidates who wish to seek admissions into the LLM Courses will have to go through the detailed syllabus while preparing for the KLEE 2022 Exam. The following section-wise syllabus is based on the previous years’ papers and the syllabus has remained same over the time. The Syllabus for KLEE 2022 Syllabus is based on the topics candidates have studied in their LLB and is as provided below:
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence: Sources of Law, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Legal Sanctions.
- Public International Law: Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations, International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space.
- Constitutional Law: Directive Principles of State Policy(DPSP), Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution, Fundamental Rights.
- Law of Property: The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act,2000) and Right to Information Act (RTI),2005
- Law of Crimes: General Principles & General Exceptions of Indian Penal Code(IPC).
- Law of Torts: General principles of Tort, Defenses, Joint liability, State liability for torts, Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Administrative Law: Meaning, Definition, Scope and Significance of Administrative Law, Evolution and Development of Administrative Law in India, UK, USA , France, Relationship between Constitutional Law and Administrative Law ,Natural Justice and Statutory Provisions, Tortious Liability of the Administration, Administrative Action, Delegated Legislation, Administrative Directions, Administrative Adjudication, Rule of Law, Doctrine of Separation of Powers and its relevance in Contemporary times.
- Law of Contract: Introduction to general principles of contract, privity of contract, types of contract, formation, terms of contract, consideration, intention to create a legal obligation, capacity of contract, flaw in consent, misrepresentation, limits or rights to rescind, coercion, unlawful agreements, limits to contractual obligations, discharge of contracts, by breach, remedies of breach of contract, quasi-contract, Indian Contract Act – 1872, Specific Relief Act – 1963, Information Technology Act, 2000, Agency, sale of goods, bailment, guarantee, indemnity, partnership, consumer protection.
- Company Law: The Companies Act, 1956, The Emblems & Names (prevention of improper use) Act, 1950, Industries Development and Regulation Act, 1951, The Securities Contract Regulation Act, 1956, SEBI Act, 1992, Depositories Act, 1996, Laws governing securities and security holders, Accounting and auditing, Company meetings, resolutions and transactions, Powers of the company and its stakeholders, Corporate governance, Company transactions, corporate finance, structure, qualification and disqualification, duties of the director in the board of Directors, Corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisition, Liquidating the company.
- Interpretation of statutes: Introduction to Interpretation of Statutes, Aids to Interpretation, Commencement of Statutes; Retrospective effect of Statutes, Repeals and Temporary Statutes, Rules of Statutory Interpretation, Interpretation with reference to the subject matter of Statutes, Interpretation of Constitutional topics and values.
KLEE 2022 Exam Pattern
In order to begin preparing for the exam, candidates must have full idea of the KLEE 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Here, we have provided the complete pattern of the KLEE 2022 :
- Mode of the examination will be online that is Computer based test.
- The format of the paper will be objective Type or MCQ type.
- A total of 200 Questions will be asked in the exam.
- The duration for the exam will be 2 Hours.
- 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and zero mark for unanswered questions.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates can refer to the following table for the distribution of questions for the LLB syllabus:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Arithmetic and Mental Ability||25||75|
|Legal Studies Aptitude||70||210|
Candidates must refer to the following pattern for Part A of KLEE 2022 LLM
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Law of Crimes||25||75|
|Law of Contract||25||75|
For Part B of KLEE 2022 LLM, candidates may find the exam pattern as :
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Public International Law||20||60|
|Law of Property||20||60|
|Interpretation of statutes||10||30|
|Law of Torts||10||30|
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and register yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck