Table of Contents
The Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KTPCL) has released recruitment notification on 24 January 2022 regarding the vacancies for various engineering posts such as Junior Engineer (JE) )(both Civil and Electrical), Assistant Engineer (AE) (both Civil and Electrical) and Junior Assistant (JE) posts. Online submission of applications can be done from 7 February, 2022 until 28 February, 2022. All candidates who have been looking for a job opportunity can now apply for this post and start preparing for the selection process.
Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) is the authority that transmits electricity in the Karnataka state. It came into being in 1999. Initially it was the Karnataka Electricity Board which used to control electricity transmission and distribution in the state. It was later taken up by KPTCL since it was formed.
KPTCL Recruitment Notification 2022
KPTCL will be recruiting Assistant Engineers, Junior Engineers and Junior Assistant. All the details regarding the recruitment process is given in this article.
|Recruiting Organization||Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL)|
|Name of the post||Assistant Engineer (Civil)
Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Civil)
|Number of vacancies||1492|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Start date for application submission||7 February, 2022|
|Last date for application submission||28 February, 2022|
|Application fee||Unreserved/ General category – Rs 500
Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) – Rs 300
KPTCL Vacancy Notification 2022
According to the notification released by Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) there are a total of 1492 vacancies for the posts of Assistant Engineer (Civil), Assistant Engineer (Electrical), Junior Engineer (Electrical), Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Assistant. The number of vacancies for each post is given in the table below:
|Name of the post||Number of vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||505|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||28|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||570|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||29|
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Details
Applicants should go through the eligibility criteria for their preferred posts before going ahead with their application. Only those applicants who satisfy the criteria laid down by KPTCL will be considered for recruitment.
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Age Limit
As per the notification of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited, applicants should be of minimum 18 years and maximum of 35 years of age. Age relaxation will be applicable as per Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited Norms.
- The upper age limit for SC/ST and Category I is 40 years.
- For the physically handicapped candidates, age relaxation of 10 years is provided.
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Educational Qualification
KPTCL will be considering candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech and 12th from any of the recognized boards or Universities.
- Asst. Engineer (Electrical) should have B.Tech or B.E in Electrical Engineering.
- Asst. Engineer (Civil) should have B.Tech or B.E in Civil Engineering.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) should have Civil Engineering Diploma (State of Karnataka)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) should have Electrical Engineering Diploma (State of Karnataka)
- Jn. Assistant should have PUC/ Accountancy and Auditing or Accountancy and Costing Diploma
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Nationality
Applicants should be a citizen of India to be considered by KPTCL.
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Salary Scale
KPTCL provides a handsome pay to it’s employees. The scale of pay according to the post is mentioned in the table below:
|Name of the post||Scale of pay|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||Rs. 41130 – Rs 72920|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||Rs. 41130 – Rs 72920|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Rs. 26270 – Rs 65020|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Rs. 26270 – Rs 65020|
|Junior Assistant||Rs. 20220 – Rs 51640|
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Application Process
Once the applicant has gone through the notification and ensured that he / she is eligible for the post, they can go ahead and do their online application.
- Visit the official website of KPTCL – ‘kptcl.karnataka.gov.in’.
- Click on the link for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer and Jr Assistant.
- Click on KPTCL Apply Online link.
- Update all the required details and the scanned copies of all necessary certificates or documents.
- Upload recent Photograph (If applicable).
- Pay the Application Fee (If applicable).
- Submit the application form and take a printout of it for further reference.
KPTCL Recruitment 2022 Selection Process
KPTCL conducts exams every year to recruit candidates for it’s offices. KPTCL will be recruiting eligible candidates through a two step process:
- Written Examination – The written exam is the first qualifying round of the KPTCL Exam. It will be an online exam of 100 marks with 2 hours duration and the medium will be English. It will a multiple choice based exam of 100 questions. each correct answer will be rewarded 1 mark and there will be a negative marking of .25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Personal Interview – Candidates who have cleared the written exam will be called for the interview round. All candidates whose names are on the merit list after the written Exam will be eligible for the interview.
The date of the written exam is yet to be announced. KPTCL will announce the dates once the application process is done. The following will be the exam centers:
|Exam Centers – Karnataka|
|Hubbali – Dharwad|
The syllabus for the written exam for each category is given below.
Karnataka PTCL Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer Syllabus – Civil Engineering
•Civil Engineering Materials and Construction.
•Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis.
•Reinforced Concrete Structures.
•Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering.
•Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
•Estimation, Costing, and Specifications.
•Construction and Project Management.
•Environmental Studies etc.
KPTCL Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer Syllabus – Electrical Engineering
•Basic Electrical Engineering Concepts.
•Utilization of Electrical Energy.
•Power Electronics & Drives.
•Measurement and measuring instruments.
•Estimation and costing.
•Analog and Digital Electronics.
•Basic Electronics etc.
Entri app provides the best preparation material for all government and competitive exams. Download the app now and start your exam preparations.