Table of Contents
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) will conduct Housing Finance Limited (HFL) exams to recruit people for the posts of Assistant, Associates and Assistant Managers. An exam will be conducted to shortlist eligible candidates. Those who qualify in the written exam will be called for an interview. This exam is highly competitive, hence candidates should put in quite some effort to crack it. This article provides some tricks and tips to prepare for LIC HFL exam.
LIC HFL Topics to Cover
To prepare in the best possible way, candidates should have a clear idea about the syllabus. The various topics and detailed syllabus is as follows:
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Framing
- Jumble Words
- Indian Banking System
- Indian Economy
- National Institution
- Indian Banking System
- Current Affairs
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction and Distance
- Machine Input Output
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular/ Linear Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Floor Puzzle
- Order and Ranking
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixture and Allegations
- Time and Work
- Data Interpretation
- Speed, Distance and Time
LIC HFL Study Materials
Candidates should take utmost care to choose the best study material. The basic objective of choosing the study materials are to make lessons easy and to able to understand the concepts well. These materials act as a guide and provide a valuable routine in the learning process. There are innumerable resources available nowadays and it is up to the aspirants to choose what is best for them.
LIC HFL Important Books
In order to crack any competitive exam, it is vital to get hold of all the important books. Do a research of the books that are best suited for the syllabus. There will be numerous books out there in the market, but it’s important that you get your hands on the right one. The link below provides a list of useful books.
LIC HFL Video Classes
Video classes are more helpful than books and other pdf materials as these visuals are etched in the memory. These help candidates to memorize the topics in a better way.
LIC HFL Tips and Tricks
- Planning is the key. You should be aware of the time you have in hand for preparing. Have a clear cut plan on how you will go about with the preparation process.
- Have a clear idea about the topics to be covered, the weightage for each topic, the exam pattern etc. This will help you plan your study preparation in the best way.
- Create a study plan that will help you learn continuously. Make sure to include some kind of flexibility. If your plan does not work, change it according to your needs but make sure to assess your work load to avoid overtaxing.
- Gather all the essential study materials and make sure that they are complete and correct.
- Keep yourself motivated. Think of the benefits of all the toil and hard work. Recharge your batteries from time to time by engaging in things that help you feel refreshed.
- Make simple notes. This helps you remember things better. Read and repeat it in your own words. This is a better way of memorizing rather than reading the same thing repeatedly.
- Create a perfect study atmosphere. Make sure that the room or place of study gets enough light and air and is quiet.
- It is very easy to get distracted so eliminate all sources of distraction like overuse of mobile phones, long hours of chatting, playing games, etc. Be focused and concentrate on preparing for the exam.
- Breaks at regular intervals are extremely important. Taking breaks will help you to learn more efficiently and there will be no risk of being completely exhausted by the time the exam comes up.
- “A full stomach doesn’t like studying, but neither does an empty stomach.” So throughout your study time have some nutritious snack. Drink a lot of water and incorporate fruits and veggies in your diet.
- Practice time management by doing mock tests and previous years’ question papers.
- Analyze the topic you are weak in, and start working on that topic. Try to understand the concept well.
LIC HFL Mock Test
Mock tests are also equally important in preparing for any exams. They are replicated tests based on the actual exam pattern. They provide a better perspective of what kind of questions will appear in the exam. They also provide much practice and helps in time management too.
|Mock Question Paper I||Click here|
|Mock Question Paper II||Click here|
‘Work well begun is half done’. So plan your study process, follow it diligently and reap the fruits of success. Entri App helps aspirants prepare for various competitive exams including banking and insurance. We provide lecture classes, video classes, mock tests and access to previous year’s question papers. So download Entri App, start your preparation and pave your way to success.