Table of Contents
Lionel Messi is acknowledged to be the world’s highest-paid athlete. It is believed that the Paris Saint-Germain superstar has gained $130 million between his on-field contracts and endorsement deals over the past 12 months. Messi had transferred from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain in August 2021 and Cristiano Ronaldo shifted to Manchester United from Juventus in the same month. The data is compiled by Forbes, It is believed that Forbes calculates the approximates based on prize money, salaries and bonuses, and sponsorship deals. The Paris Saint-Germain striker Lionel Messi is the world’s highest paid athlete for the second time, According to Forbes’ annual list of the highest-paid athletes. Messi made $130 million between May 1, 2021 and May 1, 2022 before taxes It is said that LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers ($121.2 million) and Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United ($115 million) are the only other athletes who made at least $100 million in the previous year.
Lionel Messi – Insights
Messi earned $130 million, a figure which consists of $55 million of endorsements, during the 12-month period ended May 1, 2022, to sit atop the list of the 10 highest-paid athletes a year after finishing second to Irish MMA fighter Conor McGregor.
|SI No||Name||Total earnings||“On-Field”||“Off-Field”||Age||Sport|
Lionel Messi – Facts
- Messi claimed the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best soccer player for a record seventh time in 2021, placing him two ahead of his rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
- He shifted to Paris Saint-Germain from FC Barcelona in August 2021, leaving the only professional home he had ever known.
- A contract breach in January 2021 portrayed that Messi was making much more at Barcelona than previously thought
- It is believed that he was estimated to earn up to $165 million annually in salary and incentives.
- In March 2022, he got into an endorsement deal with fan engagement app Socios that is set to pay him $20 million annually.
- He crafted his own clothing line and opened his first retail outlet, the Messi Store, in 2019 in Barcelona.
- It is said that Messi has a lifelong deal with Adidas.
- His full name is Luis Lionel Andres Messi.
- He was born on June 24, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina.
- It is said that Messi’s father, Jorge, was a steelworker and coach of the local youth football team.
- Messi had growth hormone deficiency, which was stopping his normal growth rate at a tender age of 11.
- Most importantly, his parents couldn’t afford his treatment which was estimated to be of $900 per month.
- Because his father’s medical insurance could only cover two years of treatment, Messi’s father started looking for alternatives.
- In addition, Buenos Aires club scouted Lionel Messi, but they couldn’t afford his treatment as well.
- It is said that through their relatives in Catalonia, Messi’s family arranged a trial with Barcelona in September 2000
- Secondly, he impressed the first team director and he wanted to sign him immediately.
- Having no paper at hand, he wrote Messi’s first contract on a paper napkin.
- Because he was foreign, Messi couldn’t participate in the official youth team matches in his first year. One of the few surprising facts about Lionel Messi that many fans don’t know about.
- Messi didn’t say much and his teammates at the beginning thought that he was mute.
- Above all, he played phenomenal well and surprised everyone with his techniques (One of the best facts about Lionel Messi that everyone knows, even Madrid fans lol.)
- Messi suffered from homesickness after his mother left for Argentina. He stayed with his father in Barcelona.
- Arsene Wenger claims that after he successfully signed Fabregas, he tried to sign Messi when he was still young.
- The deal couldn’t succeed to his regret because Messi wasn’t willing to leave his club.
- Messi was part of the “Baby Dream Team,” which was Barcelona’s greatest ever youth side.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Over the last decade, the concept of education has drastically changed, thanks to the internet. Let’s talk about all the positive contributions it has made. Consistency is the key. Be regular and punctual. Set a study pattern, modify it as per your needs and wants. You know yourself better, so plan accordingly. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck