Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) conducts exam to recruit the best person for the post of Assistant Director of Agriculture. The post is a prestigious one and so the exam is highly competitive. Candidates appearing for the exam has to put their best foot forward to crack the exam. They should get hold of the best books to ace the exam. Here we provide a list of books that will be helpful to the aspirants.
MPPSC Assistant Director Agriculture Books
- Rajiv Ahir’s Spectrum for Modern Indian History (Latest Edition)
- Madhya Pradesh Ek Parichaya by McGraw-Hill publication
- Ramesh Singh’s Indian Economy (11th Edition)
- Sanjiv Verma’s Indian Economy
- M. Laxmikant’s Indian Polity (4th Edition or 5th Edition)
- State board school textbooks (Class 11th, 12th)
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical – Verbal, non – Verbal & Analytical by Arihant Publication.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
MPPSC Assistant Director Agriculture Selection Process
The selection of eligible candidates is done on the basis of an online examination followed by an interview.
- The written exam consists of two sections – Section A and Section B
- Section A has 75 questions for a total of 150 marks. Each question carries two marks.
- Section B is of 300 marks.
- The questions will be in both Hindi and English.
- The interview will be for 50 marks.
MPPSC Assistant Director Agriculture Syllabus
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in the Independence movements.
- Important Historical events and Major dynasties of M.P.
- Art, Architecture and culture of M.P.
- Main Tribes and Dialects of M.P.
- Main festivals, folk music and folk art of M.P.
- Important literary figures of M.P. and their literature.
- Main Tourist places of M.P.
- Important personalities of M.P.
- Forest, Mountain and Rivers of M.P.
- Climate of M.P.
- Natural and mineral resources of M.P.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non- conventional.
- Main irrigation and Power projects of M.P.
- Political system of M.P. (Governor, Cabinet, Legislative Assembly).
- Panchayati Raj in M.P.
- Social system of M.P.
- Demography and census of M.P.
- Economic development of M.P.
- Main industries of M.P.
- Agriculture and Agri based industries in M.P.
- Important Contemporaneous events.
- Famous sports competitions; awards and sports institution of the State and country.
- Welfare schemes of M.P. state..
- Famous personalities and Places.
- Electronics, computers, information and communication technology.
- Robotics, artificial intelligence and cyber security
- Internet and Social networking site.
- Agriculture, its importance in national economy, agro ecological zone and geographic distribution of crop plants. Agriculture heritage, Sustainable agriculture.
- Important crop of India and M.P., Package of practices for cultivation of cereal, pulses, seeds, sugar, fiber and forage crops, Different cropping systems, Framing system, Crop rotations, multiple and relay cropping, intercropping mixed cropping and sequence cropping. Integrated crop management, Geoinformatics, Nano technology and precision farming
- Crop weather relationship, floods, Cold waves and frosts, Meteorological services to agriculture. Climate change and climate resilient agriculture, Remote sensing, contingent crop planning.
- Soil as a medium for plan growth and its Composition, minerals and organic constituents of the soil and their role in crop production, Soils types of India and M.P. Chemical, Physical and microbiological properties of soils, Essential plant nutrients, their functions and deficiency symptoms, Occurrence and Cycling in soils, Straight, complex and mixed fertilizers and biofertilizers manufactures and marketed in India, Integrated nutrient management for plant Management of problem soils such as saline, alkali and acid soils. Soil Test based crop response (STCR) concept, Soil and water management Irrigation methods, soil erosion, its causes and control measures, Rain Water conservation, Watershed development, Rainfed farming principles and practices.
- Principles of plant physiology with reference to plant nutrition, absorption, translocation and metabolism of nutrients photo-synthesis and respiration growth and development auxins and hormones in plant growth.
- Elements of genetics and plant breeding as applied to improvement of crops, development of plant hybrids and composites, important varieties, hybrid and composites of crops. Intellectual property rights.
- Important fruits and vegetable crops of M.P. and India, their package of practices Crop rotation, intercropping and companion crop, role of fruits and vegetables in human nutrition. High tech horticulture, Value addition
- Serious weeds, pests and diseases affecting major crops. Principles of plant protection measures integrated control of weed, pests and diseases. Integrated weed management(IWM) and Integrated pest management (IPM)
- Principles and objective of surveying. Contouring, Farm development, land capability classification, Farm machinery and equipment. Bullock drawn and power, driven Farm implements, Mechanization and its relevance and dope in India. Seed bed preparation land shaping, seeding and intercultural tools or equipment, plant protection equipment, harvesting and threshing machines, post harvest machinery, Care and maintenance before and after use of from implements and machinery.
- Economics with reference to agriculture Farm planning and management for enhanced production, Factors of Crop production and production relationships, marketing of agricultural produce and regulated markets in M.P. Price of agricultural produce and its role in agricultural development, Impact of economic reforms on agriculture business. Principle and objectives of agricultural extension. Extension organization at the district and block levels, their structure functions and responsibilities Methods Communication role of farm organizations in extension services. Women in agriculture, Women entrepreneur, Women empowerment Opportunities for agriculture entrepreneurship and Rural enterprise.
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions. Our coaching has helped several PSC aspirants crack the exam.