Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the MPPSC State Service Exam to various posts in Government departments and Offices in the state. The MPPSC recruitment exam is conducted in three phases namely the Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Recently MPPSC 2020 Prelims Exam Date has been rescheduled to June 20, 2021. In this article, candidates go through the MPPSC State Services Exam Pattern 2021.
MPPSC State Services Exam Pattern 2021
As discussed earlier, there are 3 stages for the candidate selection:
State Services Preliminary Examination
The preliminary exam marks are only for shortlisting the candidates for the Mains Examination. The Qualifying marks for Paper II: General Aptitude is 33%. But the candidates will be shortlisted to the Mains based on the qualifying marks in Paper I General Studies.
|Name of the Subject||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Studies||200||2 Hours|
|General Aptitude Test||200||2 Hours|
Paper I – General Studies
- History, Culture, and Literature of Madhya Pradesh
- History of India
- Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- Geography of India and the World
- Constitutional System and Economy of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitution Government and Economy of India
- Science and Technology
- Current International and National Affairs
- Information and Communication Technology
- National and Regional Constitutional / Statutory Bodies
Paper-II – General Aptitude
- Interpersonal skills including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and Problem Solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
The minimum cut-off percentage for qualifying for the prelims exam is:
- General Category- 40%
- SC/ ST/ OBC- 30%
MPPSC State Services Main Examination
|Name of the Paper||Name of the Subject||Hours||Marks.||Medium|
|1||Paper-I||General studies-I||3 Hours||300||Hindi & English|
|2||Paper-II||General studies-II||3 Hours||300||Hindi & English|
|3||Paper-III||General studies-III||3 Hours||300||Hindi & English|
|4||Paper-IV||General studies-IV||3 Hours||200||Hindi & English|
|5||Paper-V||General Hindi||3 Hours||200||Hindi|
|6||Paper-VI||Essay Writing||2 Hours||100||Hindi & English|
Mark Distribution for Mains Exam
For the General studies-I, II, and III, each paper can be divided into 2 Parts with 150 marks each. In the same way, each Part can again have 3 sections:
- 1st Section: Includes 15 Questions (each carries 3 Marks). So, a total of 45 marks
- 2nd Section: Includes 10 Questions (each carries 6 Marks). So, a total of 60 marks
- 3rd Section: Includes 15 Questions (each carries 3 Marks). So, a total of 45 marks
This paper will be having:
- 15 Questions (each carries 3 Marks) making a total of 45 marks.
- 15 Questions (each carries 6 marks) making a total of 90 marks.
- The case study section will be having 2 questions with 30 and 35 marks respectively.
This paper V will be having, 20 Questions each carrying 3 Marks (total 60 marks), 1 question for 20 Marks, 8 questions for each question carrying 15 marks (total 120 marks).
Paper VI- Essay Writing
Hindi Essay writing will have 1 essay with 1000 words and 2 essays with 250 words each.
Interview/ Document Verification
The interview will be conducted for the candidates who have qualified in the Mains Examination. The interview will be held out of 175 marks. And the total mark for the final merit list preparation will be 1575 marks.
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to the MPPSC- State Service Examinations 2021. Download and subscribe to Entri App and start practicing the latest mock tests to ace your preparations.