Table of Contents
The youth are the foundation of a country’s development and success. They are always on the frontline of the struggle to build a promising future for all. Their great minds and ideas contribute to a plethora of creative and innovative initiatives. The path to social reformation and open-minded thinking unfolds through the young generation who thrive on having their own outlooks. These opinions then bring reform to society. In India, National Youth Day is celebrated to honour the most remarkable leader, Swami Vivekananda, and also to spread awareness about the most significant asset that the Indian youth is and how they can contribute to the country’s progress. In this article, we are discussing about National Youth Day 2023 theme, significance, quotes and quiz.
National Youth Day is celebrated in schools and colleges. A variety of programs are being conducted where students or children participate in processions, conventions, speeches, competitions in debating, writing etc. It is celebrated on different dates around the world.
National Youth Day 2023 – Theme
Every year a new theme is set up for National Youth Day. Some of the themes of the previous years were:
- The Theme of 2011 was “Sabse Pehle Bharat.”
- The Theme of 2012 was “Celebrating Diversity In Unity’.”
- The Theme of 2013 was “Awakening The Youth Power.”
- The Theme of 2014 was “Youth For Drugs Free World.”
- The Theme of 2015 was “Youngman” and “Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India”.
- The Theme of 2016 was “Indian Youth for Development, Skill, and Harmony.”
- The Theme of 2017 was “Youth for Digital India.”
- The Theme of 2018 was “Sankalp Se Siddhi.”
- The Theme of 2019 was “Transforming Education”
- The Theme of 2020 was “Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building.”
- The Theme of 2021 was “Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health”
- The Theme of 2022 was “‘It’s all in the mind’
‘It’s all in the mind’ – This is the theme for the National Youth Day for the year 2022. In line with the youth-led development and motivating the youngsters to solve the emerging challenges and issues, the themes will also include climate, environment and SDG led growth; entrepreneurship, tech and innovation; ancient and indigenous wisdom; and nation-building, national character and homegrown.
National Youth Day 2023 – Significance
“Man is born to conquer nature and not to follow it” – this famous quote by philosopher Swami Vivekananda still resonates in the ears of every man who wishes to overcome any sort of difficulty with their fearless attitude. Swami Vivekananda’s life and teachings have inspired millions across the world.
The Government of India, in 1985, declared Swami Vivekananda’s birthday – January 12 – as National Youth Day to honour this great philosopher and monk. From then on, this day is celebrated as National Youth Day all over India.
The revolutionary ideas and thoughts put forth by Swami Vivekananda are still read by students that prompt them to walk in his footsteps. Swami Vivekananda mainly focused on channelling the energy of the youth for the betterment and progress of the country. He wanted the young people to recognize their potential and voice their opinions. His sole objective was to inspire the youth and push them to an extent where they could stand with the Britishers, face the atrocities and attain Independence.
Swami Vivekananda was called the “National Saint of India” for his continuous and rigorous efforts to boost the youth’s potential. He always paved paths of success by stepping out of his comfort zone. He believed that anyone and everyone could attain almost anything if they have the courage to see beyond what it is and what they desire to become.
With having high hopes of a developed India, Swami Vivekananda aspired to lead the vision of our youth and transform them into an incredible reality. National Youth Day, thus, is celebrated to honour and remember the principles and ideals that he had for us, for a brighter future. On National youth day, we commemorate this beau idéal’s revolutionary ideas that hold utmost importance for us.
The Man of Inspiration – Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda was born Narendranath Datta on the 12th of January, 1863, in Kolkata, West Bengal. He always had an inclination towards spirituality. He practised meditation from a very young age and also joined the Brahmo Samaj movement for a certain period. Known for his greatest patriotism, he was also credited for introducing Indian philosophies of Yoga and Vedanta to the western world.
He was gifted with words of wisdom that immortalized everyone. His speeches were full of zeal and wisdom and inspired millions of hearts. It was through knowledge and wisdom that he wanted to achieve peace and stability for India. He believed that if you have a great idea and want to implement it in life, you need to feel the idea every day and keep working on it, leaving everything behind and focusing primarily on it. And eventually, he shall be able to attain what he envisioned in his mind.
National Youth Day 2023 – Quotes
Quoted below are some of the famous sayings of the great patriot Swami Vivekananda on the youth of India.
- “Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise you may miss meeting an intelligent person in this world.”
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”
- “Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.”
- “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”
National Youth Day 2023 Quiz
Let’s give those brains of yours an exercise. Here are some simple questions that you may go through and test your knowledge on National Youth Day. Let’s begin:
- Which social reformer’s birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day?
- When was Swami Vivekananda born?
- What was the birth name of Swami Vivekananda?
- Which is the birthplace of Swami Vivekananda?
- At what age did Swami Vivekananda die?
- Swami Vivekananda
- 12 January 1863
- Narendranath Datta
We hope this article on National Youth Day 2022 has enlightened our readers. Entri wishes all its readers a happy and energetic National Youth Day.