Table of Contents
NVS ( Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti) Recruitment 2022 Notification was released recently for the recruitment of TGT, PGT Teachers on its official website. It has announced 2200 Navodaya Vidyalaya vacancies for the posts of Principal, PGT, TGT & Group B Miscellaneous Teachers on its official website on 1 July 2022. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) 2022 will conduct the recruitment exam shortly to select candidates for these posts across the nation. NVS Online Application Process 2022 began on the 2 July 2022 all over India except in North Eastern Region where it started on 9 July 2022. In this article we will discuss Job profile of NVS Teachers and their salary details.
NVS TGT, PGT Job Profile 2022
The Objective of NVS is to provide quality education which needs committed teachers as they are the backbone of the educational system. Appointments to the posts of teachers and to non-teaching staff are done via selection test and Personal Interview. The Selection Committee constituted to select the appropriate candidates for these posts includes officers of the Vidyalaya, distinguished educationists, individuals having experience of the residential school system, persons belonging to SC/ST, minorities, lady representatives, subject experts etc. who makes sure that there is a proper assessment of the overall personality of the aspirants.
Roles and Responsibilities
There are up to 30–35 teaching and 10–15 non teaching staff in NVS. They not only earn in lakhs per year but also have their quarters in the JNV campus only. They can also have access to mess food. Apart from that they also get other facilities like water,electricity,furniture,etc. Discussed below are the duties of a NVS teacher from morning till evening.
Unlike other teachers, NVS Teaches duties begin from morning PT 5:00 am. One of the teachers is chosen as a Master On Duty (MOD) every day who have all responsibilities from PT to Night Reporting. The duties of an MOD are discussed separately in the next section.
- They have to be present in morning assembly and if they are house master they need to take all over responsibility of houses. Then in school time they have to teach the students.
- They get 1 hour for their lunch and when the bell rings they need to take remedial class. 50 % of them have to present for duty in remedial study.
- Then during the sports time they play with students. After this 50% of the staff have to pay their duty in supervised study.
- Then there dinner time, house master of concerned House on Duty have to be present at the
- At night a roll call at each house have to be organised by concerned house master.
- Last but not the least, they have to be present and pay their parenting at late night if any of the kid is ill at night no matter what the time is, it may be even 2:00 am or 3:00 am.
Duties and Responsibilities of MOD
Each teacher is chosen as MOD once in a while. His or her duties as MOD is discussed here:
- He or she have submit the report to the Principal in the prescribed format before Morning Assembly on the next working
- He or She will begin the duty early in the morning and end it with light off at night.
- He or She will supervise the arrangements that need to be made at the morning assembly and all other Vidyalaya functions.
- He or She will ensure that all students behave well during school functions.
- He or She will supervise all the meals and refreshments.
- He or She will supervise all roll calls. If any kid is missing, will immediately report to the concerned house master and Principal.
- He or She will be present on the ground during morning PT and Evening Games time.
- He or She will enquire about students who are ill from the staff nurse of the Vidyalaya.
- He or She will affirm attendance of the students during afternoon remedial and evening supervised classes.
- He or She will ensure all school activities and punctuality of the students.
- He or She will report any damage to the school property to Principal, if noticed on the day of duty.
- He or She will report about indiscipline or serious incidents to the Principal, if any, noticed while on duty.
- He or She will make sure that drinking water is arranged in the academic block and hostels.
- He or She will make suggestions in all school activities based upon his or her observations.
- He or She will be easily available all the time and should not leave the campus without prior notice.
NVS Career Growth and Promotion
NVS plans and executes promotions of deserving employees regularly. The aspirants will experience a rise in their salary each year, depending on their performance. With time, the Grade of the individuals are also increased. It results in raise in the salary.
Along with these, the staff who work under NVS can apply for other posts by attempting the recruitment exam for that particular post.
NVS Salary Structure 2022
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Vacancy 2022 details mentions about the NVS Teaching Staff salary 2022 for the reference of the applicants. The Navodaya salary is decided as per the norms of the 7th Pay Commission and the Pay Matrix Level extents from Level 1 to 12. This means the salary of the teaching staff varies with the post. Discussed below is the salary details of NVS TGT, PGT and other posts
NVS 2022: Payscale
The pay scale for various categories of NVS posts is as follows:
|Posts||Salary (in INR)|
|Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)||44,900 – 1,42,400|
|Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)||47,600 – 1,51,100|
|Female Staff Nurse||44,900 – 1,42,400|
|Librarian||44,900 – 1,42,400|
|Miscellaneous Category of Teachers||44,900 – 1,42,400|
|LDC||19,900 – 63,200|
NVS Post-wise Salary Structure 2022
The NVS salary structure of various teaching posts may vary based on the designation. Discussed below is the salary structure as per the designation:
NVS PGT Salary Structure 2022
|Components||Amount ( in INR )|
|Salary||47,600 – 1,51,100|
NVS TGT Salary Structure 2022
|Components||Amount (in INR )|
|Salary||44,900 – 1,42,400|
Miscellaneous Category of Teachers: Salary Structure
|Components||Amount (in INR)|
|Salary||44,900 – 1,42,400|
NVS Librarian Salary Structure
|Components||Amount ( in INR )|
|Salary||44,900 – 1,42,400|
Other Perks and Allowances
Apart from the pay mentioned above, other allowances are also given to the employee. These are added to the salary of the employee along with the basic pay. The allowances are as given below:
- Accommodation- Housing accommodation is provided to the NVS Staff. They can stay in the campus with their family.
- Mess Facility– They can make use of the mess facility in the campus as per their requirements.
- Admission Quota for kids:Their two kids can study in the campus with out giving any admission test.
- Library Facility– They get free access to the school library.
Benefits in NVS Recruitment
As NVS comes under the central government, there are ample benefits of getting a in to this job. These benefits are given bellow:
- Career enhancement- If you are looking to enhance your career in the teaching line, NVSis an excellent opportunity for you as it falls under the Central Government of India
- Good pay-While teachers in private schools receive less salary, teachers in NVS are given ample After the 7th pay commission, there has been a massive improvement realized in the salaries of government employees of India.
- Work-life balance- Compared to teachers’ job in other private schools, it is easy to maintain a work-life balance for teachers working in Navodaya vidyala along with career enhancement
- Work timings-The work timing for schools under these schools are decent, which helps staff in easily maintaining their work-life balance
- Allowances– As mentioned above, apart from the basic pay, they are given extra These allowances help individuals manage various expenses.
NVS Probation Period 2022
After the final selection, aspirants are recruited based on the choice of their posts and vacancies. There will be 2 years of probationary period for the selected individuals. During the this period, every individual is closely monitored and evaluated based on their performance.
Hope that this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.