Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) inviting online applications from eligible candidates to the 81 posts of Junior Engineers in Civil and 04 posts of Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical) in the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Punjab. The candidates who are interested in this job can apply now if you satisfy the eligibility criteria. Read on the article to know about PPSC Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 85 Jr Engineer Posts.
PPSC Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 85 Jr Engineer Posts
PPSC Recruitment 2020 – Junior Engineer Posts
|Name of the Board||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)|
|Name of the Posts||
|Number of Vacancies||85|
|Last date to Submit Applications||18th December 2020|
Punjab PSC released recruitment notification for the posts of Junior Engineers in Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Punjab. A total of 85 vacancies were available in this recruitment. The applications should be submitted through online mode only. Along with the application, the candidates are required to pay a certain amount as application fee. The last date to apply online is 18th December 2020, and the last date to deposit the application fees by system generated Bank Challan form 28th December 2020.
Following are the details of application fees of PPSC Recruitment 2020.
|Name of Category||Online Application Charges||Exam Fee||Total|
|SC/ ST of All States & Backward Class of Punjab||Rs.500/-||Rs.625/-||1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab||Rs.500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendant of Ex-servicemen, EWS, Punjab)||Rs.500/-||Rs.2500/-||3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab||Rs.500/-||Rs.1250||1750/-|
The applicants should pay the amount Through any Branch of State Bank of India Only.
Eligibility Criteria of PPSC Recruitment 2020
Age Limit (as on 01.01.2020)
The applicants minimum age should be 18 years and the maximum should be 37 years.
- Jr Engineers (Civil) : Diploma in Civil Engg or its equivalent/higher qualification from a recognized University or institution.
- Jr Engineers (Mechanical/ Electrical): Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engg or its equivalent/higher qualification from a recognized University or institution.
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard is compulsory for both the posts.
A candidate shall be a:
- Citizen of India;
- Citizen of Nepal;
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania, etc.
|Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||81|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical)||04|
Pay Scale of PPSC 2020 Junior Engineers
The Junior Engineers of Punjab Public Service Commission will be paid Rs.35400/- as the initial Pay, as per notification dated 21/10/2020 issued by the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Punjab.
Selection Process of Junior Engineers
The applicants will be selected for the post through Competitive Examination. The written competitive examination for the post will be scheduled tentatively in January 2021. The procedure for Competitive Examination for selection of candidates for 81 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) and 04 posts of Junior
Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical) is as follows:
- The total marks of the examination will be 300.
- The exam consists of 120 questions, for each correct answer 2.5 marks will be credited.
- The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking in the written test, for questions wrongly answered or questions not answered.
- No interviews shall be conducted for selection to these posts.
- Final result shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the Candidates in the Written Competitive Examination.
- The exam pattern is as follows:
|Topic||Number of questions||Marks|
|Concerned syllabus||100||250 marks|
|Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability and General Knowledge||20||50 marks|
Syllabus of Civil Engineers for the Posts of Junior Engineer (Civil)
- ENGINEERING DRAWING: Lettering Technique and Practice, Dimensioning Techniques (Necessity of dimensioning, method and principles of dimensioning etc.), Scales (need and importance of scales, Drawing of plain and diagonal scales etc.), Projections, Sections, Symbols and Conventions.
- APPLIED MECHANICS: Introduction, Laws of forces, Moment, Friction, Centre of Gravity etc.
- FLUID MECHANICS: Introduction, Properties of Fluids, Hydrostatic Pressure, Measurement of Pressure, Fundamentals of Fluid Flow (Types of Flow, Discharge, hydraulic energy, Bernoulli’s theorem etc.), Flow Measurements etc.
- SURVEYING: Basic principles of surveying, Concept and purpose, Instruments used for taking these measurements etc., Chain surveying, Compass surveying, Levelling, Plane Table Surveying, Total Station Method, Auto Level, Contouring, Theodolite Surveying, Tacho-metric surveying, Curves, Digital Survey, Introduction to the use of Modern Surveying equipment and techniques, Total Stations etc.
- CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS& BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: General characteristics of stones, Requirements of good building stones, Identification of common building stones, Bricks and Tiles, Cement (Various types of Cements, Properties of cement etc.), Lime, Timber and Wood Based Products, Paints and Varnishes, Miscellaneous Materials etc., Introduction to Building Construction, Foundation, Walls, Masonry, Arches and Lintels, Doors, etc.
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Simple stresses and strains, Elasticity, Hooke’s Law, Moduli of Elasticity and Rigidity. Stresses and strains of homogeneous materials and composite sections. Types of beams and supports and loads, Concept of bending moment and shear force. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simple cases. Deflection in beams, etc.
- EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Elements of Engineering Seismology, Performance of building during earthquakes and Mode of failure, Special construction method, tips and precautions to be observed while planning, designing and construction of earthquake resistant building, Provision of reinforcement detailing in masonry and RC constructions.
- WATER SUPPLY AND WASTE WATER ENGINEERING: Water Supply- Water requirement, Rate of demand and supply, Per capita consumption, Population Forecasting etc., Physical, Chemical and bacteriological properties, Standard of potable water as per Indian Standard etc., Water Treatment including Sedimentation, Coagulation, flocculation, Filtration, disinfection of water, chlorination, Water treatment plants, R.O.s etc., Different types of pipes, fire hydrants, water meters their working and uses, Distribution system etc.
- SOIL AND FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Physical Properties of Soils, Classification and Identification of Soils, Permeability and its importance, Effective Stress, Strength Characteristics of Soils, Compaction, Bearing Capacity of soil, Concept of shallow and deep foundation; types of shallow foundations and their suitability. Factors affecting the depth of shallow foundations, deep foundations, type of piles and their suitability; pile classification on the basis of material, pile group and pile cap etc.
- TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING: Introduction of Transportation Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Road materials, Geometric design, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, Road maintenance, Railway Engineering Rails, Sleepers, ballast, points and crossing, Track laying and track maintenance.
- IRRIGATION ENGINEERING: Introduction to irrigation, methods of irrigation, tube well irrigation, tank irrigation, sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, water logging, design of irrigation canals and irrigation outlets.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: Importance of Environmental Engineering, Water Pollution (Causes lakes and its preventing measure, BIS standards for water quality etc.), Air Pollution, Noise Pollution, Effects of mining, blasting and deforestation, Land Use (land use and natural disasters, landslides etc.) soil degradation problems – erosion, water logging, soil pollution etc.), Environmental Impact Assessment, Legislation to Control Environmental Pollution (Indian legislative acts for water, land and air pollution control – provisions, scope and implementation etc.), Renewable Source of Energy etc.
- QUANTITY SURVEYING AND VALUATION: Introduction to quantity surveying and its importance, duties of quantity surveyor, types of estimates, measurement, preparation of detailed and abstract, estimates from drawings, calculation of quantities of materials, analysis of rates, contractorship, preparation of tender document based on Common Schedule of Rates (CSR).
- REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF BUILDINGS: Need for maintenance, agencies causing deterioration (sources, causes, effects), investigation and diagnosis of defects, defects and their root causes, materials for repair, maintenance and protection, remedial measures for building defects, surface preparation techniques for repair, crack repair methods, repair of surface defects of concrete, repair of corrosion in RCC elements, repair of DPC against rising dampness, repair of walls, waterproofing of wet areas and roofs, repair of joints in buildings etc.
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTS: Construction Planning, CPM, PERT, site organization, Construction Labour (Labour Welfare Fund Act 1936 (as amended), Payment of Wages Act 1936 (as amended), Minimum Wages Act 1948 (as amended), control of progress, inspection and quality control, accidents and safety in construction, accounts, public work accounts, request for quotation, bill of quantities, measurement book, indent book, material at site register.
- BASICS OF MANAGEMENT: Introduction, Leadership, Motivation, Ethics and Values, Team related skills- sympathy, empathy, co-operation, concern, lead and negotiate, work well with people from culturally diverse background, Communication in group – conversation and listening skills, Task Initiation, Task Planning, Task execution, Task close out, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Need, various types of customers, customer satisfaction, life- long customer, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and its significance, Elementary knowledge of Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance Act, etc.
Syllabus of Mechanical/Electronic Engineers for the Posts of Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electronic Engineers)
- ELEMENTS OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING: Basic electrical quantities, DC Circuits, Ohm’s law, resistances in series and parallel, Kirchhoff’s laws and their applications in solving electrical network problems, Network theorems such as Thevenin’s theorem, superposition theorem, Maximum power transfer theorem and Norton’s theorem, Star-delta transformation. Current and voltage sources and their conversion. Semi-conductor Theory – Atomic structure and Energy band theory, intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors and effect of temperature on them; Semiconductor Diodes, forward and reverse biasing of a PN junction, Breakdown mechanism; etc.
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS AND MACHINES: Concept of alternating current and voltage, average value, r.m.s value, form factor, power factor etc., Phasor algebra, AC Circuits, susceptance, conductance and admittance, Active and reactive components of current and their significance, Power, Power factor and its significance, Resonance in series and parallel circuits. Faraday’s laws, magnetization curve, constructional features of generators and motors, D.C. Machine: basic principles, emf equation, description of different parts and working, different types, characteristics and applications of D.C., etc.
- ELEMENTS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: Thermodynamics: Energy, laws of Thermodynamics, Heat and work, Enthalpy. Reversible and irreversible processes, Entropy, Description of various Types of Boilers. Basic concepts of Thermal conduction, convection and radiation. Concept of black opaque and white bodies, Stefan Boltzman’s laws. Strength of Materials: Concept of Bending Moment and Shear Force, Bending Moment and Shear Force diagrams for cantilevers, simply supported beams to concentrated loads, Concept of Torsion and equation of torsion for circular shaft, Close coiled spring for axial load, Stiffness of spring, angle of twist and proof resilience.
- MANUFACTURING PROCESSES: Dry sand and green sand casting: casting defects: Die casting, Continues casting and Centrifugal casting, Welding Process: Gas welding, Arc welding, Resistance welding; Thermit Welding: Soldering, Welding defect and precautions, Elements of metal cutting tools, tool geometry, cutting fluids, lathe and milling operations: Grinding process, grinding wheel: gear generation processes; Electric discharge machinery, ultrasonic machining, electrochemical grinding, Forming processes: Hot and Cold working: Rolling: Punching blanking, shearing.
- ENGINEERING MATERIALS
- MEASUREMENT AND MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
- BASICS OF MANAGEMENT
Learn with the syllabus for the PPSC Recruitment 2020 and Apply Online for 85 Jr Engineer Posts. Download Entri app for free! Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants.