Punjab Police recruitment board will be activating the official application procedure for the recruitment of constables in the organisation from July 26 2021 onwards. This particular recruitment is to hire candidates as the Intelligence Assistants and Constables in the state police service. You can check out the various details related to the vacancies available by the Punjab Police recruitment board including the eligibility criteria and the step by step procedure to apply for the constable vacancy.
Punjab Police Recruitment 2021
The Punjab State Police is inviting online applications from graduates below 28 years towards the Intelligence Assistants (in the rank of Constables) in Intelligence Cadre, and Constables in Investigation cadre (Punjab Bureau of Investigation, PBI). The State Police Recruitment Board will conduct the Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Screening Test(PST) to find suitable candidates, and on selection, they will be placed on the Level 2 of 7th CPC/ Pay Matrix with minimum pay of Rs.19,000. Across two cadres, the department will hire 1191 candidates for their service. Among them, 818 will be Intelligence Assistants, and the remaining 373 will be for the Investigation cader.
The notification for the Punjab Police Constable Recruitment is published by Police Recruitment Board on their official website. The candidates will be able to fill up the application form for the Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021 starting from July 26, 2021. Given below is the table indicating the various details related to the recruitment.
|Punjab Police Recruitment Notification Date
|July 26, 2021
|Starting Date for Punjab Police Constable Application
|July 26, 2021
|Last Date for Punjab Police Constable Application
|August 16, 2021
|Punjab Police Constable Exam Date
|Yet to announce
Punjab Police Constable Eligibility Criteria
Punjab Police Constable Education Qualification:
- Constable (Investigation Cadre): Candidates should have completed graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent.
- Intelligence Assistant (Intelligence cadre): The candidate should be:
- a graduate from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be, provided that such candidate shall also possess an ‘O’ Level Certificate of Information Technology from National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology(NIELIT) (earlier called as DOEACC); OR
- a Graduate from a recognized University or Institution with Computer Science; Computer Applications; or Information Technology, as one of the elective subjects during the entire duration of graduation; OR
- B.Sc/ B.Tech/ BE in
• Information Technology; or
• Computer Science; or
• Computer Engineering; or
• Computer Science and Engineering; or
• Information Systems; or
• Computer Networking; or Data Science; or
• Software Engineering; or
• BCA; or
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be.
Punjab Police Constable Age Limit
The candidates must also follow the age criteria to successfully get a job in this organisation. Given below is the list of age criteria that the candidates must follow before filling up the application form for the Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021. The candidate’s age shall be between 21 years and 28 years as of 1 January 2021
The Punjab Police Constable recruitment has four stages of screening:
- Computer Based Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
Physical Measurement Test and Physical Screening Test shall be qualifying in nature only.
The Punjab Police Constable exam pattern is:
2 hours 30 minutes
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Skills
|Mental and Logical Ability
|Digital Literacy and Computer Awareness
- Maximum Marks: 150
- There will not be any negative marking
Punjab Police Constable Examination Syllabus
To successfully pass the written examination, the candidates must also have perfect knowledge regarding the examination syllabus that will be followed by the authorities to conduct the written examination. Given below are the important details regarding the examination syllabus for Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021.
- Mathematical/ Reasoning/ Logical Ability
- Language Skills (Punjabi/ English)
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge of India
- Basic Knowledge of Indian Constitution, Institution
- Basic Knowledge of Indian Constitution, Institutional of Indian Criminal Justice System etc.
Punjab Police Constable 2021 Online Application
Interested candidates can start their online application from the below-given link. The application window will be available from July 26, 2021, onwards till August 16, 2021. To start your application, visit the Police Recruitment Board, Click Here
Before starting the Intelligence Assistant/ Constable application, make sure that you are already registered with the application portal. For registration, you must need a valid mobile number and email id. On successful registration, applicants will receive the Username, Password which is then required to login to the application portal. Make sure to upload the following documents while completing your registration:
- Passport size colour photograph (4.5 cm length x 3.5 cm width) in colour photograph.
- Scanned copy of the signature
- Educational Qualifications Mark sheets and certificate (10th, 12th class mark sheets, Graduation certificates, Certificate of Computer courses and any other higher qualification certificates)
- Category Certificates. (Caste/ EWS/ ESM and Dependent/ Ward of police personnel/ Ward of freedom
- NOC, if applicable
- Two identity proofs (PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Id, Passport).
- Any other document applicable
To complete the online application candidates must pay the below-given application fees.
Punjab Police Recruitment: Application Fees
|Ex-Servicemen(ESM) of Punjab State only/Lineal Descendants of ESM
|SC/ST of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab State only
|Economically Weaker Sections(EWS)
Punjab Police Recruitment Notification 2021
Click here to download the Punjab Police Constable 2021 recruitment official notification free PDF
If you are planning to give the written examination for the Punjab Police Constable Recruitment then you must prepare yourself by taking into consideration various study plans and examination strategies. The candidates preparing for various written examinations must also look at other important Government Examinations so that they can get basic knowledge of the Government competitive examinations in general. Entri helps Government competitive examination aspirants so that they can prepare themselves for the competitive examination without any problem and difficulty. Enrol now to achieve free mock tests and video lessons from experts.