Table of Contents
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has issued a notification for the recruitment of Assistant Agricultural Officers (AAO) for the academic year 2022. TNPSC notifies the availability of 429 vacancies in the job post of AAO for the years 2022 in the official notice. Applicants that meet all of the essential eligibility and is interested in the post should submit their online application between February 5, 2022, and March 4, 2022. Questions that are incorrectly answered will not receive a negative mark. A correctly answered question receives two points.
|Name of the examination||TNPSC AAO Exam 2022|
|Type of exam||State Level|
|Posts||Assistant Agriculture Officer and Assistant Horticultural Officer|
|Eligibility||Higher Secondary Examination|
|Professional Qualification||A two-year diploma in agriculture from a recognized institution or A two-year diploma in Horticulture from a recognized institution.|
|Age limit||18 years to 30 years|
|Registration fee||INR 100|
|Examination fee||INR 250|
|Date of objective exam||April 17, 2022|
|Age limit||18 to 30 years.|
|Education qualifications||Agriculture Diploma|
|Mode of exam||offline exam|
|Paper I Duration||3 Hours|
|Paper-II Duration||2 Hours|
|TNPSC AAO Salary range||₹20600-₹65500|
TNPSC AAO Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
Before taking the examination, students should become acquainted with the full exam pattern. The TNPSC AAO Recruitment Test Pattern is available here.
|Paper||Subjects||Total Questions||Required Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-II||General Studies||75||200||2 hours|
TNPSC AAO Recruitment Exam 2022 Paper-I Syllabus
Paper 1 of TNPSC AAO exam 2022 deals with the subject of Agriculture. The topics that are needed to be covered under this are given below.
- Agronomic Principles, Practices
- Commercial Agriculture
- Fertility Management
- Agriculture Extension
- Agriculture Economics
- Computer Application
- Dry Farming
- Plant Protection Principles and Practices
- Seed Production
- Farm Machinery
- Post-Harvest Technology
- Poultry Management
- Artificial Insemination
- Calf Rearing
- Horticultural Crop Cultivation Techniques
TNPSC AAO Recruitment Exam 2022 Paper-II Syllabus
Paper 2 of TNPSC AAO Recruitment exam 2022 deals with General studies and includes topics discussed in the table given below in it.
· Water Resources
· Rain Fall
· Natural Calamities
· Weather and Climate
|India: History & Culture||
Best Books for TNPSC AAO Exam 2022
Some books suggested for paper 1 are given below
|Best Book for TNPSC AAO Exam 2022||Author/series|
|SURA`S TNPSC AAO Exam Books||· Dr V.Krishnasamy
|General Studies – 10000+ Objective MCQs||Disha Publications|
|History & Culture of Tamil Nadu||Madhavan Chithra|
|Quantitative Aptitude||S.K. Shrivastava|
|Quantitative Aptitude||· Abhijit Guha
· R.S. Aggarwal
|Objective Arithmetic||RS Aggarwal|
For paper 2 the books given below are the usually recommended ones.
|Best agriculture books for TNPSC AAO Exam 2022||Author|
|Objective Agriculture||Dr S.R.Kantwa|
|Breeding, Biotechnology and Seed Production of Field Crops||Bidhan Roy|
|History of Agriculture in India||Vinod Srivastava|
|The Future of Indian Agriculture||Yoginder K Alagh|
|Indian Agriculture: Growth and Challenges||· Parmod Sharma
· S. Mohanakumar
|Principles of Agronomy||Reddy S.R.|
|Tnpsc Agricultural Officer (Extension) Examination (set containing 3 books, agriculture, general studies and current affairs)||T.Radhakrishnan|
|A Competitive Book of Agriculture||Nem Raj Sunda|
|Commercial Agriculture||· Subhash Chandra
· Surendra Kumar Saini
|Objective Agriculture||Dr S.R. Kantwa|
|Agriculture Exams Made Easy||G et al Pallavi|
|Soil Fertility Management in Agroecosystems||· Amitava Chatterjee
· David Clay
|Farm Machinery||Singh Triveni Prasad|
|General Agriculture||Muniraj Singh Rathore|
|Agriculture Made Easy for Competitive Examinations||· Dr K. Sasi Kumar
· Saravan Kumar
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
|Fundamentals of Agricultural Extension Education||U Barman|
|Plant Breeding||B.D. Singh|
|Soil Science||D.K Das|
Question Bank for TNPSC AAO Exam 2022
Given below is a question bank to test your knowledge before the actual exam. Work out the questions and test your knowledge to understand which areas need more improvement.
- The rain gun requires a working pressure of ______?
- The weed used to reclaim alkali soil is _________?
- Water Requirement of sorghum is ________?
- Origin of Rice is in the country ___?
- Origin of Maize is in the Country _____?
- Groundnut cultivation started in the country____?
- Which hormone is called the ripening hormone?
- Khaira disease in rice crops is caused by deficiency of which nutrient?
- Sugar cane and cotton are ____ crops?
- How many days does a medium-range weather forecast have validity?
- Taungya system of farming is famous in states like ____, ___ and ____.
- Which tree is also referred to as the protein bank?
- Contour bunds are formed ______ the slope of the land.
- State the chemical formula of urea?
- The chemical name of muriate of potash is _____.
- Chemical added to reclaim acidic soil is ___.
- Name a urease inhibitor?
- Self-turning property is found in ____ soil.
- Name the chart that is used to compare and find soil colour?
- The variety east coast tall belongs to which crop?
- What crop has a variety named urigam?
- Gundu and Samba are varieties of ___?
- Which breeding methods are not suitable in the case of cross-pollinated crops?
- Where is the Rice Research Institute of Tamil Nadu located?
- Groundnut anthers are ___?
- Light traps belong to what kind of pest control?
- What is the full form of the term MRL?
- Which phanerogamic parasite affects sugarcane?
- Northeast monsoon arrives in the month of ___?
- How long is the incubation period of a chicken?
Working out the questions in the above question bank preparing your question bank as you study will be immensely helpful during the time of final revision. Doing this will simplify the revision process. You will not be required to go through entire pile of notes again for revision purposes. Download the Entri app to view the answers for the above question bank and also to gain access and practise question banks prepared by experts.