State Health Society, Bihar has released recruitment notification for the post of Community Health Officer (CHO) for GNM/ B.Sc Nursing. Notification is released inviting interested candidates to attend 6 month Certificate Course in Community Health for for GNM/ B.Sc Nursing under National Health Mission. Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility criteria may submit their applications online at State Health Society website on or before 4th February, 2021. The selection process involves computer Based Test followed by Document Verification/ Screening Process. Selected candidates will have to undergo a 6-month course conducted by IGNOU from January 2021 to June 2021. Candidates who successfully complete this course will be recruited to fill 859 vacancies of Community Health Officers (CHOs) at Health & Wellness Centres (H&WC’s). Here we will discuss in detail about State Health Society Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021.
Download Entri & attempt free mock tests for various competitive exams
Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Overview
|Name of Organization||State Health Society Bihar, National Health Mission|
|Name of the post||Community Health Officer (CHO) for GNM/ B.Sc Nursing|
|Online Application commenced on||15/01/2021(10 A.M)|
|Last date for submission of Online Application||4th February, 2021|
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- Working regular Staff Nurse GNM/B.Sc. Nursing under Govt. of Bihar
- Working contractual Staff Nurse/GNM/B.Sc. Nursing under NHM/Govt. of Bihar
- Fresh GNM/B.Sc. Nursing General Nurse and Midwifery (CNM) from a recognised Institute/Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognised University/lnstitution”
- Selected candidates should have permanent registration with any State Nursing Council.
- Selected candidates should possess permanent registration from Bihar Nursing Registration Council (BNRC) prior to joining as CHO.
As per resolution of Govt. of Bihar candidates applying must be of minimum 21 Years of age. Age relaxation prescribed category wise is as shown below-
- UR & EWS – 42 years
- BC/MBC (M&F) – 45 years
- UR (F) EwS (F) – 45 years
- SC/ST (M & F) – 47 years
- Divine Body applicant – 10 years
Download Entri & get free monthly current affairs capsule and boost competitive exam preparation
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Selection Process
The recruitment process is as shown below
- Computer Based Test
- Document Verification/ Screening Process
The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in Computer Based Test (CBT) and availability of vacancy as per reservation roster. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to Document Verification/screening process as per ToR and as per decision of State Health Society, Bihar. Also the minimum qualifying marks in CBT will be overall 30%.
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Application Fee
Candidates applying must pay application fee through online payment mode only. Tabulated below is the application fee for different categories-
|UR, BC, MBC & EWS candidates||500/-|
|SC/ST of Bihar domicile, Female & Divine Body candidates of all categories||250/-|
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Vacancy
|Name of the Post||Category||Vacancies|
|Certificate in Community Health under National Health Mission||UR||50|
Download Entri & attempt free GK Quiz and boost competitive exam preparation
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021 – Salary
Selected candidates will be provided Rs.10,000/- per month for six months stipend for Boarding/ Lodging -Allowances, Honorarium/Sustenance Allowance. After posting at the Health Wellness Centre (H&WC), tentative indicative monthly emoluments for the CHO is Rs. 25,000/- and on basis of indicators, incentive as maximum of Rs. 15,000/- per month will be provided.
State Health Society, Bihar CHO Course Details
Medium of lnstruction: Medium of instruction for teaching as well as assessments will be in English/ Hindi.
Course Duration: Six months
Academic Session: January 2021 to June 2021
Criteria for Passing: The candidate should obtain at least 50% marks separately in internal evaluation and final examination in each of the theory and practical papers.
Internship: Rotational postings for l8 days, mainly at the District Hospital, with practical training at PHCs, H&WCs/SCs, Anganwadi Centres and the Community.
Certification: A certificate will be provided by IGNOU on successful completion of the internship and submission of project work.
On successful completion, the candidate will be posted Community Health Officers (CHOs) to lead a primary care provider team (ANMs), male health worker (MPW), ASHAs, etc.
The trained CHO would broadly be expected to carry out public health functions, ambulatory care, management and leadership at the Health & wellness Centres (H&WCs). They would be expected to-
- Implement National Programs
- Administration and management at Health and Wellness Centres.
- Health education and encourage awareness about Family Planning, Maternal and Child Health and Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Preventive, Promotive and Curative care
- Identification of Danger Signs and Referral after pre-referral stabilization
- lmplement Bio-medical waste disposal guidelines and lnfection Control policies
- Supervision of health workers for Maternal and Child Health, Family Planning and Nutrition related services.
How to Apply For State Health Society Bihar CHO Recruitment 2021?
- Visit the official website of the State Health Society Bihar, statehealthsocietybihar.org.
- Select the “Important Notice for the post of the Certificate in Community Health for GNM/ B.Sc Nursing under NHM: Advert No – 02/2021″.
- You will be directed to a new page where you will find Advt No – 02/2021 with Detailed Instructions and Apply online Link.
- Read Instructions carefully and click on Apply Online link.
- Fill in all the required details in the State Health Society Bihar CHO Application Form.
- Make the payment.
- Submit the application form after ensuring all details entered are correct.
Click here to download State Health Society Bihar CHO notification Pdf
Study with Entri- Subcribe our Youtube Channel for Bank exam preparation
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation?
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.
Discussion about this post