Table of Contents
TNPSC Departmental Exam Notification 2022 out: Apply Online for TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATIONS – DECEMBER 2022. The official notification PDF for this is released on the TNPSC website. Aspirants who were eagerly anticipating the TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATIONS – DECEMBER 2022 NOTIFICATION PDF release can now submit their online applications.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Notification Overview
TNPSC DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATIONS – DECEMBER 2022 NOTIFICATION PDF has been released recently. Check out the details of the exam in the table below.
|Name of exam conducting organisation||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the exam||Departmental Examinations – December 2022|
|Notification Number||28/ 2022|
|Date of Notification release||23rd September 2022|
|Application submission End Date||21st October 2022|
|Selection Process||· Objective type tests (Computer Based Online Test)
· Descriptive type tests (Manual Written Examination)
|Location of the job||Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Important Dates
The important events and dates of the TNPSC Departmental Examinations – December 2022 are given in the table below.
|Notification release date||23rd September 2022|
|Date of closing of application portal and time||21st October 2022 11.59 P.M|
|Hall ticket release||2nd December 2022|
TNPSC Departmental Examinations – December 2022 exam dates are as given below.
|Event||Dates||Number of Days||Number of Sessions|
|Objective Type in Computer-Based Test
(40% / 60% / 80% / 100%)
|· 12th December 2022
· 13th December 2022
· 14th December 2022
· 15th December 2022
· 16th December 2022
(20% / 40% / 60% / 100%)
|· 17th December 2022
· 19th December 2022
· 20th December 2022
· 21st December 2022
The exam timings of TNPSC Departmental Examinations – December 2022 are as given below. Session timings are different for different exams.
|Session||Starting time||Ending time|
|Forenoon||9.30 A.M.||12.00 Noon|
|Afternoon||2.30 P.M.||5.00 P.M.|
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The Departmental Examinations (with the exception of the General Educational Test of the S.S.L.C. Standard / Compendium of Office Orders and Instructions to Applicants (Direct Recruitment)) are open to all persons, whether in Government Service or not, upon payment of the prescribed fees. Candidates applying for any of the Departmental Examinations must be at least 16 years old on the date of this Notification.
|No||Classes of Individual||Objective||Competent authority to issue the Certificate|
|1.||Members, who do not possess the Minimum General Educational Qualification, are employed in any of the Subordinate Services.||To qualify for the promotion or for transfer to other posts, for which the service rules prescribe M.G.E.Q||Head of the Department concerned.|
|2.||Employees of Local Bodies, Corporations, Panchayats, Panchayat Unions, Municipalities and Town Panchayats.||To qualify for promotion or transfer to other posts for which Minimum General Educational Qualification is prescribed.||District Collector (P.D. Unit) or Commissioners / Divisional Development Officers concerned.|
|3.||Employees of Board High Schools and Higher Secondary Schools.||To qualify for promotion or transfer to other posts for which Minimum General Educational Qualification is prescribed.||Chief Educational Officer, District Educational Officer of the District concerned.|
|4.||Employees of Agricultural Marketing Committees.||– Do –||Secretary, Agricultural Marketing Committee.|
|5.||Employees, who do not possess the M.G.E.Q., are employed in the National Cadet Corps Units.||– Do –||Director, National Cadet Corps, Chennai.|
|6.||Employees, who do not possess the M.G.E.Q., who are employed by Local Library Authorities.||– Do –||Chairman, Local Library Authority, Chennai.|
|7.||Employees of State-owned Corporations.||– Do –||Appointing authority concerned.|
The Collector of the District, the concerned Deputy Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, and the Deputy Director of Survey and Land Records, respectively, are the authorities qualified to issue the certificates in regard to individuals employed in the Revenue Department, Commercial Taxes Department, and Survey and Land Records Department.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Application Form
Aspirants should submit their applications only in the online portal. Other modes of application are deemed unacceptable by TNPSC. All other kinds of applications will be rejected even if the cost of applying is enclosed with them. It is also advised to be very careful while filling in the personal details in the application form. Once it is submitted, requests to make corrections or modifications will not be entertained.
Steps to Apply Online TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022
- Visit Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in
- Before applying, One-Time Registration (OTR), Aadhaar Number details, and an applicant dashboard are required. The Aadhaar number will be linked with the One Time Registration.
- A valid Email ID and phone number are essential for communications.
- Though applicants provide details/information in the One-Time Registration, only the details provided in the application for the Departmental Tests in question will be considered.
- One-time registration should not be mistaken for application. It is merely a collection of details.
- The candidate who wishes to apply for Departmental Tests must click “Apply” against the Departmental Tests listed on the Commission’s Website and log in with the same USER ID and PASSWORD used for ONE TIME REGISTRATION. The candidate’s mobile number must be used to create the User ID, i.e. the Mobile Number is the User ID permanently.
- For uploading in the online application, candidates should use a recent (no more than 3 months old) passport-size photograph with a blue/white background and good clarity. The signature image should be 80 x 125 pixels and between 20 kb and 30 kb in size, with a reasonably high-quality image. The photo image should be 165 x 125 pixels and between 30 kb and 40 kb in size. Selfies and Polaroid photos are not permitted for online applications.
- Upload these documents via appropriate links in the application portal.
- Disabilities should be mentioned if any in the application form.
- Do not press back or refresh after payment before the receipt is generated.
- If the application process is completed successfully then a message will be sent to the registered phone number.
The registration fee is INR 30/-. The exam fee is INR 300/-. Both should be paid via an online payment medium. Other modes of payment will not be accepted by the commission. Individuals in government service who are qualified to apply without paying the examination fee should pay the fee as well and may claim reimbursement from their offices.
Apply Online Link
Apply online for TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 using the link below.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- With the exception of the Language Tests, Translation Tests, General Educational Test Paper-I, Audit Superintendents of Highways Department – First Paper, and Members of the Staff of the Tamil Nadu Khadi and Village Industries Board – First Paper, candidates are given the option to complete the test in either English or Tamil or partially in English and partially in Tamil.
- Candidates who apply for the GENERAL EDUCATIONAL TEST (SSLC STANDARD) must submit their information in the manner provided in the official notification, together with a certificate of eligibility that has been duly attested by their head of department, and hand it over to the invigilator on the final day of the test. They risk having their application rejected if they don’t comply.
- For those who have passed the S.S.L.C. Public Examination but are now employed by the government or who are interested in working for the government but have not studied Tamil as one of the languages or taken a high school course taught in Tamil, there is a Second Class Language Test (Tamil). During the Viva Voce Exam, such applicants should present a copy of their SSLC Mark List or T.C.
- Only Assistant Curators at the Government Museum must take THE THIRD CLASS LANGUAGE TEST (VIVA-VOCE) in Tamil or Telugu, and Probationary Sub-Registrars and Probationary District Registrars in the Registration Department must take IT in Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, or Urdu. Therefore, it is required of the aforementioned candidates to always include information about their employment in their applications.
All necessary details regarding the TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus are in the PDFs provided in the table below.
|1||Annexure – I||Instructions to Candidates for Departmental Examinations||Click here to download PDF|
|2||Annexure – II||Syllabus / scheme / pattern / type of examination||Click here to download PDF|
|3||Annexure – III||Name of the test/test code/fees structure||Click here to download PDF|
|4||Annexure – IV||Time table of Departmental Examinations – December 2022||Click here to download PDF|
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Exam Centres
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 will be held at exam venues listed below. They are entirely under the discretion of TNPSC and are subject to changes. All applicants must arrive one hour before the start of the examination, at 8.30 a.m. for the morning session and 1.30 p.m. for the afternoon session. However, applicants are not permitted to enter the venue after 9.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. in the morning and afternoon sessions, respectively.
|No.||Name of Centre||Code No|
Applicants shall write the examination only at the headquarters of the district in which they work unless specially authorised by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission to write the exam in another location. This restriction will not apply to unemployed individuals or those working in private businesses. The applicant will take the exam in the location where he or she works. Any subsequent claim for a change of centre made after the online application is submitted will be denied.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Selection Process
- All objective type tests (Computer Based Test) and descriptive type tests (manual written examination) will be administered with or without books, as detailed in the Scheme and Syllabus. As a result, for combination type tests (46 tests), objective type and descriptive type tests will be administered separately, and candidates must appear on two separate days for a single test.
- Aspirants may apply for as many tests as the timetable makes possible. If a participant applies for two or more tests that are held at the same time, he or she will be allowed to write only one of the tests that he or she chooses, even if all of the opted tests appear in the Memorandum of Admission.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Admit Card
The memorandum of admission i.e. the hall ticket can be downloaded from the TNPSC official website from 2nd December 2022. This can be done by typing in the unique online application number and date of birth in the given box. The hall ticket shall be saved for future reference by the applicants and any requests for re-issue of hall ticket will not be entertained and are strictly discouraged by the commission. Individual applicants will not receive physical hall tickets. From a week before the start of Departmental Examinations to the last day of examination, Hall Tickets can be downloaded from the Commission’s Website by submitting the unique online Application Number and Date of Birth. Candidates who do not have downloaded hall tickets will be denied entry to the examination.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Answer Key
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Answer Key will be released a few weeks after the successful completion of the exam.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Cut Off
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Cut-Off will be released a few weeks after the successful completion of the exam. Candidates must obtain minimum pass marks in both test types (Objective & Descriptive) separately to be considered passed in Departmental Tests where a combination of objective and descriptive type examinations is prescribed.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Result
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 Result will be released a few weeks after the successful completion of the exam. The results are available on the Commission’s website: www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in. A detailed list of successful candidates, including their Register Numbers, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, and Addresses, will be posted in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission e- Bulletin on the Commission’s website. If the Commission is not satisfied with a candidate’s result for any reason, the candidate will be compelled to re-examine in one or more of the subjects of the examinations for which he appeared, and his success or failure will be determined by the outcome of such re-examination.
The Help Desks at 044-25300336, 25300337, 25300338, and 25300339 can provide any clarifications for doubts you have about the information provided in this article. You can also email TNPSC at email@example.com with any questions.
TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022 FAQs
- What is the deadline for applying for the most recent TNPSC Departmental Exam Notification 2022?
The deadline to apply for the latest TNPSC Departmental Exam Notification 2022 is October 21, 2022.
- What is the minimum age for applying to the TNPSC Departmental Exam 2022?
Candidates applying for any of the Departmental Examinations must be at least 16 years old on the date of this Notification.
- What is the procedure for selecting candidates for the TNPSC Departmental Exam in December 2022?
According to the TNPSC Departmental Exam Notification 2022, selections would be based on Objective type tests (Computer Based Online tests) and all Descriptive type exams (Manual Written Examination).