Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from eligible candidates for the reputed Group-1 services. 139 vacancies were announced and the numbers expected to have an increase. TNPSC Group-01 notification 2019 was one of the most awaited recruitment of the year. Group-01 services are the most awaited examination by the candidates who dreams for a reputed career in the government sector. Successful candidates from the Group-1 selection process can start their careers on higher positions in the state government services like Deputy Collector, Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Superintendent, etc.
The selection process will be of three stages and the candidates have to successfully complete each level to find a place in the last list. While graduation is the basic qualification and some posts call for extra technical qualifications too.
TNPSC Group 01 2019 Selection Process
As per the given notifications, a preliminary examination is scheduled for March 2019, while the date of the Main examination is yet to be published. The selection will be made in three successive stages;
- Preliminary Examination – Objective Type
- Main Written Examination – Descriptive Type
- Oral Test in the form of an Interview.
The Preliminary examination is scheduled for 3 hrs, for 300 marks. SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs should score minimum 90 marks for becoming eligible for the mains and for others they have to score 120 marks out of 300 to appear on the mains.
The examination will be of objective type, where the candidates can expect questions from degree level. The question paper is divided into two parts:
- Part 1 – General Studies (Degree Standard )- 150 marks
- Part 2 – Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) – 50 marks
- For both Preliminary and Main Examinations, the questions on General Studies will be set in both Tamil and English.
Mains Examination will be of descriptive nature for a total of 750 marks and the interview / oral test is for 100 marks. Mains examination consists of three papers, each for 250 marks and for 3 hrs.
The admit card for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website. Candidates should download the same since the admit cards will not be sent by post. Applicants are advised to check the TNPSC website before the scheduled date of examination.
TNPSC Group-01 2019 Vacancy
TNPSC Group-01 2019 Important Dates
TNPSC Group 01 Education Qualification
Other things being equal, preference will be given to those applicants, who possess the qualifications mentioned against each of the following posts. To know more about the physical criteria for the Group 01 examinations, please visit here: TNPSC Group 01 Physical Eligibility
TNPSC Group 01 2019 Syllabus
- Physics ‐ Universe, General Scientific laws ‐ Scientific instruments ‐ Inventions and discoveries‐National scientific laboratories‐Science glossary‐Mechanics and properties of matter‐Physical quantities, standards and units‐Force, motion and energy‐ electricity and Magnetism ‐ electronics & communications ‐ Heat, light and sound‐Atomic and nuclear Physics‐Solid State Physics‐Spectroscopy – Geophysics ‐ Astronomy and space science.
- Chemistry ‐ Elements and Compounds‐Acids, bases and salts ‐ Oxidation and reduction – Chemistry of ores and metals ‐Carbon, nitrogen and their compounds‐Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides‐Biochemistry, and biotechnology‐Electrochemistry‐Polymers and plastics
- Botany & Zoology ‐ Main Concepts of life science‐The cell‐basic unit of life‐Classification of living organism‐Nutrition and dietetics‐Respiration‐Excretion of metabolic waste‐Bio‐ communication-‐ Blood and blood circulation‐Endocrine system‐Reproductive system‐Genetics the science of heredity‐Environment, ecology, health and hygiene, Bio-diversity and its conservation‐Human diseases, prevention and remedies‐Communicable diseases and non‐ communicable diseases‐Alcoholism and drug abuse‐Animals, plants and human life.
- CURRENT AFFAIRS – Polity, Geography, Sports and other important discoveries and news.
- Geography ‐ Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Atmosphere hydrosphere, lithosphere ‐Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate ‐ Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐ Soil, minerals & natural resources‐Natural vegetation‐Forest & wildlife‐Agricultural pattern, livestock & fisheries‐Transport & communication‐Social geography – population‐density and distribution‐Natural calamities – disaster management‐Climate change ‐ impact and consequences ‐ mitigation measures‐Pollution Control .
- History and culture of India ‐ Pre‐historic events(‐Indus valley civilization‐Vedic, Aryan and Sangam age), Maurya dynasty‐Buddhism and Jainism‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas‐Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis‐ South Indian history(Culture and Heritage of Tamil people), Advent of European invasion‐Expansion and consolidation of British rule‐Effect of British rule on socio‐economic factors‐Social reforms and religious movements‐India since independence‐Characteristics of Indian culture‐Unity in 18 diversity –race, colour, language, custom‐ India‐as secular state
- Organizations for fine arts, dance, drama, music‐Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN‐Political parties and populist schemes – Prominent personalities in the various spheres – Arts, Science, literature, and Philosophy – Mother Teresa, Swami Vivekananda, Pandit Ravishankar, M.S.Subbulakshmi, Rukmani Arundel and J.Krishnamoorthy.
- Indian Polity – Making of the constitution, important amendments, schedules, different constitution bodies, etc,,
- Indian Independence struggle -important leaders from Tamil Nadu.
- Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning.
- The modern history of India and Indian culture
- Social issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
- Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage
Paper – 03
- Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Environment, Bio-Diversity and Disaster Management
- Indian Economy – Current economic trends and impact of the global economy on India
Download the TNPSC Group 01 Main Examination detailed Syllabus: TNPSC Group 01 Main Exam Syllabus For more details candidates can check the TNPSC Group 01-2019 official notification: TNPSC Group 01 Notification2019
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparation today with Entri.