Table of Contents
TNPSC which comes under the state of Tamil Nadu governs and administers the constitutional provision for the appointment, promotion, transfer from one service to another, and on the eligibility of candidates for such promotion, transfer, and appointments. However, the TNPSC will soon release the notification for the TNPSC Group 3 recruitment on its official web portal. It is very important that the candidates have a complete idea and insight regarding the examination and the details related to that before they apply and appear for the examination. As the TNPSC Group 3 examination is one of the most-awaited and participated PSC examinations of the year 2022, it is very important that the candidates have their preparation strategic and systematic. One of the best methods for this is to attempt TNPSC Group 3 Mock tests. Here in this article are the details regarding the TNPSC Group 3 mock test 2022 and the links for the TNPSC Group 3 free mock tests from Entri.
TNPSC Group 3 Free Mock Test 2022
It is very important that the candidates have good exam preparation before they appear for the TNPSC Group 3 examination as it is one of the most participated examinations in the state. One best way that the candidates can follow to ensure good marks in the examination is to attend the maximum number of mock tests. The given below is a free mock test that the candidates can follow and make use of as they prepare for the TNPSC Group 3 examination 2022.
Question 1- Monochromatic light of wavelength 589 nm is incident on a water surface having a refractive index of 1.33. Find the velocity of light in water.
A- 3 x 10 8 ms -1
B- 332 ms-1
C- 280 ms-1
D- 2.25 x 108 ms-1
Question 2- The colour light emitted by LED depends on
A- it’s reverse bias- அதன் பின்னோக்கு சார்பு
B- its forward bias- அதன் முன்னோக்கு சார்பு
C- the amount of forwarding current- முன்னோக்கு மின்னோட்ட அளவு
D- the type of semiconductor material- குறைகடத்தி பொருளின் வகை
Question 3- Which is called “Aqua fortis?”
Question 4- Insectivorous plants are not able to synthesize enough protein due to the deficiency of
A- Hydrogen- ஹைட்ரஜன்
B- Carbon- கார்பன்
C- Nitrogen- நைட்ரஜன்
D- Oxygen- ஆக்சிஜன்
Question 5- The total amount of energy released from one molecule of glucose on oxidation is about
A- 2600 kJ
B- 2300 kJ
C- 2900 kJ
D- 2500 kJ
Question 6- Which is known as “Sundew Plant?”
A- Cuscuta- கஸ்குட்டா
B- Drosera- ட்ரஸீரா
C- Vanda- வாண்டா
D- Viscum- விஸ்கம்
Question 7- A Conductor of length 50 cm carrying of 5 A is placed perpendicular to a magnetic field of induction 2 x 10-3 T. Find the force on the conductor
A- 5 x 10-3 N
B- 3 x 103 N
C- 4.9 x 103 N
D- 5 x 103 N
Question 8- Which of the following weights the most?
A- One mole of water- ஒரு மோல் நீர்
B- One mole of Sodium- ஒரு மோல் சோடியம்
C- One molecule of H2SO4- ஒரு மூலக்கூறு H2SO4
D- One gram-atom of nitrogen- ஒரு கிராம் அணு நைட்ரஜன்
Question 9- The elements like silicon, tellurium and germanium can be purified by
A- Electrolytic refining- மின்னாற் தூய்மையாக்கல்
B- Mond’s process- மாண்ட் முறை
C- Zone refining- துருவமுனைத் தூய்மையாக்கல்
D- Pattinson’s process- பாட்டின்சன் முறை
Question 10- ————- is the basic unit of classification.
A- Division- பிரிவு
B- Family- குடும்பம்
C- Class- வகுப்பு
D- Species- சிற்றினம்
Question 11- Who coined the term “Biosystematic?”
A- Bentham and Hooker- பெந்தம் மற்றும் ஹீக்கர்
B- Camp and Gily- கேம்ப் மற்றும் கில்லி
C- Watson and Crick- வாட்சன் மற்றும் கிரிக்
D- Garner and Allard- கார்னர் மற்றும் ஆலார்டு
Question 12- Bacterial diseases syphilis is caused by
A- Vibrio Cholerae- விப்ரியோ காலரே
B- Treponema pallidium- டிரிபோனிமா பாலிடம்
C- Neisseria gonorrhoea- நிஸ்சேரியா கொனோரியா
D- Yersinia pestis- எர்சினியா பெஸ்டிஸ்
Question 13- Which hormone is called as fight, flight and fright hormone?
A- Epinepherine- எபிநெஃபரின்
B- Glucagon- குளுக்கோகான்
C- Thyroxine- தைராக்ஸின்
D- Vasopressin- வாஸோப்பிரஸ்ஸின
Question 14- Who has developed and demonstrated the first nuclear reactor in the year 1942?
A- Bhor and Wheeler- போர் மற்றும் வீலர்
B- Enrico Fermi- என்ரிகோ ஃபெர்மி
C- Albert Einstein- ஆல்பர்ட் ஐன்ஸ்டீன்
D-Bhor and Mottleson- போர் மற்றும் மோட்டல்சன்
Question 15- The First ionization potential of Na, Mg, Al and Si are in the order
A-Na > Mg > Al > Si
B-Si > Al > Mg > Na
C- Na < Al < Mg < Si
D- Si > Mg > Al > Na
TNPSC Group 3 Online Mock Tests 2022
TNPSC Group 3 examination is one of the most participated and anticipated examinations that is about to happen in the year 2022. Candidates from various parts of the country appear for this examination. It is very important that the candidates who are preparing for the examination to make the exam preparation strategic to ensure good marks in the examination. Attempting the maximum number of mock tests can help the candidates to have a good experience in the examination. Attempting the mock tests will give the candidates insights regarding the type of questions asked, the main topics from which the questions are asked, the difficulty level of the questions that can be anticipated, and the repeatedly asked questions. The given below are the TNPSC Group 3 mock test free that the candidates can use as part of their exam preparation.
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General studies (Higher Secondary Level) test 3||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General English (SSLC Standard) Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 1||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 2||Click Here|
|English literature Mock test 3||Click Here|
TNPSC Group 3 Exam Syllabus 2022
The written examination syllabus for the TNPSC Group 3 and Group 3A services:
General Studies (Higher Secondary Standard)
- Physics: Nature of Universe ‐ General Scientific laws ‐ Inventions and discoveries ‐ National
scientific laboratories ‐ Mechanics and properties of matter ‐ Physical quantities, standards and
units ‐ Force, motion and energy ‐ Magnetism, electricity, and electronics ‐ Heat, light and sound
- Chemistry: Elements and Compounds ‐ Acids, bases, and salts ‐ Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
- Botany: Main Concepts of life science ‐ Classification of a living organism ‐ Nutrition and dietetics – Respiration
- Zoology: Blood and blood circulation ‐ Reproductive system ‐ Environment, ecology, health and hygiene ‐ Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases, prevention and remedies ‐ Animals, plants, and human life.
- Current Events:
History- Latest diary of events‐national ‐ National symbols ‐ Profile of States ‐ Eminent persons and places in the news ‐ Sports & games ‐ Books & authors ‐ Awards and honors’ ‐ India and its neighbors.
Political Science– Problems in conduct of public elections ‐ Political parties and political system in India ‐ Public awareness & General administration ‐ Welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility
Geography- Geographical landmarks in news
Economics- Current socio‐economic problems
Science- Latest inventions on science and technology
- Geography: Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate ‐ Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐ Soil, minerals and natural resources ‐ Forest and wildlife ‐ Agricultural pattern – Transport including surface transport and communication ‐ Social geography – population‐density and distribution ‐ Natural calamities‐Disaster Management.
- History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu: Indus valley civilization‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas ‐ Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis ‐ South Indian history ‐ Culture and Heritage of Tamil people ‐ India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture ‐ Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom ‐ India‐as secular state ‐ Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu ‐ Political parties and populist schemes
- INDIAN POLITY: Constitution of India ‐ Preamble to the constitution ‐ Salient features of the constitution ‐ Union, state and territory ‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties ‐ Fundamental rights ‐ Fundamental duties ‐ Human rights charter ‐ Union legislature – Parliament ‐ State executive ‐ State Legislature – assembly ‐ Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu ‐Judiciary in India – Rule of law/ Due process of law – Elections ‐ Official language and Schedule VIII ‐ Corruption in public life ‐ Anti‐corruption measures –CVC, Lok‐ Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG ‐Right to information ‐ Empowerment of women ‐ Consumer protection forms.
- INDIAN ECONOMY: Nature of Indian economy ‐ Five‐year plan models‐an an assessment ‐ Land reforms and agriculture ‐ Application of science in agriculture ‐ Industrial growth ‐ Rural welfare oriented programs ‐ Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty ‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
- INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: National renaissance ‐ Emergence of national
leaders ‐ Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore ‐ Different modes of agitations ‐ Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom
struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar, and others.
- APTITUDE and MENTAL ABILITY TESTS: Conversion of information to data ‐ collection, compilation, and presentation of data ‐ Tables, graphs, diagrams ‐ Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification –Percentage ‐Highest Common Factor (HCF) ‐ Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐ Ratio and Proportion ‐Simple interest ‐ Compound interest ‐ Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning: Puzzles ‐ Visual Reasoning ‐ Number Series
General English (S.S.L.C. Standard)
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object, etc)
- Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Reading Comprehension
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+ Verb, Gerund+ Noun)
TNPSC Group 3 Syllabus: English Literature
- Figures of speech observed in the following Poems: Alliteration – Allusion – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Oxymoron –Onomatopoeia – Anaphora – Ellipsis – Rhyme Scheme – Rhyming Words – Repetition – Apostrophe, A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words –
Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry: A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The Nation United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No.116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your – Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi.
- Important lines from Poems: Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116
- Questions on the Biography of Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala – Dr.Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
- Questions on Shakespeare’s: Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s: The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant
- Dr.Karl Paulnack: Music-The Hope Raiser
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays: Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to Success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India 2020’) – Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ – Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that.
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places: Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
- British English – American English
- Authors and their Literary Works: Match the Poems with the Poets- A psalm of Life – Be the Best – The cry of the children – The Piano – Manliness Going for water – Earth -The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – The Flying Wonder -Is Life But a Dream – Be the Best – O captain My Captain – Snake – Punishment in Kindergarten -Where the Mind is Without fear – The Man He Killed – Nine Gold Medals
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window
- Identify the Author with the short story: The Selfish Giant – The Lottery Ticket – The Last Leaf – How the Camel got its Hump – Two Friends – Refugee – The Open Window – A Man who Had no Eyes – The Tears of the Desert – Sam The Piano – The face of Judas Iscariot – Swept Away – A close encounter – Caught Sneezing – The Wooden Bowl – Swami and the sum
- Whose Autobiography / Biography is this
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?: Robert Frost – Archibald Lampman – D.H. Lawrence – Rudyard Kipling, Kamala Das – Elizabeth Barrett Browning – Famida Y. Basheer – Thomas Hardy – Khalil Gibran – Edgar A. Guest – Ralph Waldo Emerson – Jack Prelutsky – F. Joanna – Stephen Vincent Benet – William Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Long Fellow – Annie Louisa Walker – Walt Whitman – V.K. Gokak
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors: Sahitya Akademi Award winner: Thakazhi Sivasankaran Pillai – ‘Farmer’, Kamala Das – 1. Punishment in Kindergarten 2. My Grandmother’s House, R.K. Narayan – Swami and the sum – Rabindranath Tagore – Where the mind is without fear, Dhan Gopal Mukherji – Kari, The Elephant, Deepa Agarwal – After the Storm, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam – Vision for the Nation, Indra Anantha Krishna- The Neem Tree, Lakshmi Mukuntan- The Ant Eater and the Dassie, Dr Neeraja Raghavan – The Sun Beam
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from Julius Caesar – The Merchant of Venice
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with the suitable option
- Match the Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/ Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title: The Selfish Giant – How the camel got its hump – The Lottery ticket – The Last Leaf – Two friends – Refugee – Open window – Reflowering – The Necklace Holiday
- About the Poets: Rabindranath Tagore – Henry Wordsworth Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker -V K Gokak – Walt Whitman – Douglas Malloch
- About the Dramatists: William Shakespeare – Thomas Hardy
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur: Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a friend – To cook and Eat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – The Apology – The Flying Wonder
- Authors and books: Rabindranath Tagore – Shakespeare – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker – Oscar Wilde – Pearl S. Buck
- Theme observed in the Literary works: Snake – The Mark of Vishnu – Greedy Govind – Our Local TeamWhere the mind is without fear – Keep your spirits high – Be the best – Bat – The Piano – The Model Millionaire – The Cry of the Children – Migrant bird – Shilpi
- Famous Quotes
- Period the Poets belong: William Shakespeare – Walt Whitman – William Wordsworth – H.W. Longfellow Annie Louisa Walker – D.H. Lawrence
- Matching the Poets and Poems: Discovery – Biking – Inclusion – Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair – With a Friend – To cook and Eat – Bat – To India – My Native Land – A tiger in the Zoo – No men are foreign – Laugh and be Merry – Earth – The Apology – The Flying Wonder – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Be the best – Is life, but a dream – Women’s rights – The Nation united – English words – Snake – The man he killed
- Nature centred Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation: Flying with the moon on their wings – Migrant bird – Will Thirst Become – Unquenchable? – Going for Water – Swept away – Gaia tells her
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.