TNPSC- Tamilnadu public service commission is going to conduct Group 4 Combined Civil Service Examination on 1st September 2019. About 6491 are estimated to be filled by this recruitment. Qualification specified for writing the exam is SSLC or its equivalent. There are various positions in combined civil service Group 4 category. It includes Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, typist & Steno-Typist. Pay-scale of TNPSC group 4 is approximately between Rs 18000 and Rs 20000/-. Thus for aspirants, this is a golden chance to secure with a government job for a good salary package. To know TNPSC Group 4 exam pattern read the passage below.
|Post name||Total vacancy|
|Village Administrative Officer||397|
|Junior Assistant (Non – Security)||2688|
|Junior Assistant (Security)||104|
|Bill Collector, Grade-I||37|
As the exam is approaching, candidates should rely on TNPSC Group 4 revised syllabus and exam pattern very clearly. The syllabus has general studies and general English.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
Two types of question papers will be set.
Type- 1:-: General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General English (100 questions). (Subject code: 002)
Type-2:-: General Studies (75 questions) + Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 questions) and General Tamil (100 questions). (Subject code: 001)
Candidates can choose either of the general English and Tamil for attending the second 100 questions. General studies and aptitude section (75+25 questions) is a compulsory part. The questions on General Studies will be given in both English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be given in the respective languages. Exam pattern is as shown below:
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for all communities|
|General Studies (75 questions)
Aptitude Test(25 questions)
General Tamil (100 questions)/
General English (100 questions)
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Syllabus
|General Studies||General Science, Current Events, History, Political Science-1,Indian Polity, Geography, Economics, Science and Technology, Geography, Indian Economy, History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu, Indian National Movement|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests||Arithmetic and Reasoning|
|General English||Grammar and literature|
For detailed syllabus of TNPSC group 4 exam, click here
How to prepare for TNPSC group 4 exam
It is hardly two weeks for the exam. Now it is the time to revise. Candidates should keep in mind some of the points before the exam.
- Pattern and syllabus: Knowing the pattern and syllabus is very important. Analyze it and do the preparations as per. The pattern consists of general studies, aptitude and general Tamil or general English. Stick to the pattern and syllabus while revising.
- Time table: it is a very important thing to make first. Candidate should make their own time table to revise the subjects you studied. This helps to memorize all the important points before the exam without any hassle.
- Preparing your brief notes: When revising the topics, make brief notes of hard sections. For example, make a small list of important articles from the Indian constitution.
- Previous year question paper: Practicing with previous year question paper will help you to understand the question pattern and repeated questions
- Mock test series: self-test with a mock test available online, can help you to know your score range and your weak sections. This will help you to boost up with more confidence.
Last-minute tips and mock test series are available through online. Entri App is a great platform for finding out the apt notes and material to prepare for the exam. Entri expert team will address your doubts. For more previous year question papers and other updates, follow us.
Entri wishes all the very best to the candidates!