TNPSC Forest Apprentice Recruitment 2022 Notification has been released on its official website. Interested candidates may apply online from 8th august 2022 till 6th September 2022. TNPSC Forest Apprentice exam dates have been announced by the TNPSC. Check out when you can take the test and what subjects you should prepare for. Read on to learn more about direct recruitment to the post of Forest Apprentice in Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service i.e. TNPSC Group 6 2022 service.
TNPSC Group 6 Important Exam Dates
TNPSC Group 6 Forest Apprentice exam dates have been announced. Check out the details here!
|Notification release||8th august 2022|
|Application portal opens||8th august 2022|
|Application portal close||6th September 2022|
|Application Correction Window Open||11th September 2022 (from 12.01 A.M.)|
|Application Correction Window close||13th September 2022 (to 11.59 P.M.)|
|Last date to upload documents or edit or re-upload already edited ones||20th November|
|Online written exam||3rd December 2022 to 13th December 2022|
|Online exam result publication||February 2023|
|Certificate Verification||March 2023|
|Oral test||March 2023|
TNPSC Group 6 Exam Pattern
Candidates will receive an overview of the exam from the TNPSC Forest Apprentice Exam Pattern 2022, which they can utilise to organise their studies appropriately. Additionally, it would help them understand the grades assigned to each subject and establish the right priorities. The exam pattern is presented below for all phases of the examination. Candidates must pay for their own travel expenses in order to present for the written exam, certificate verification, physical exam, oral exam, and counselling.
TNPSC Group 6 Exam Pattern for Written Test
- The exam will be of CBT objective/ OMR type
- Only if the candidate receives the minimum qualifying marks [40% – i.e., 60 Marks] in Part-A of Paper-I will the answer sheets of Part-B of Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III be reviewed.
- Only marks obtained in Part B of Paper I, paper II and paper III will be taken into account for the ranking.
- It is mandatory to appear on all written examination papers and oral tests. Even if a candidate has the minimum required marks for selection, they will not be selected if they do not appear for any one or more of the written examination papers.
- Applicants must select two subjects from the 17 listed in the system in which they wish to be tested. No candidate, however, shall be permitted to enrol in more than one subject from the same group. This means that they cannot choose two subjects which are grouped together.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Computer Applications and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- However, the candidate may select two subjects from the category of “Other subjects.”
- The questions from part A of Paper 1 will be given only in the Tamil language.
- The questions from part B of Paper 1 will be given both in English and Tamil language.
- In the case of paper 2 and paper 3, the medium of questions will depend on the subject chosen.
- The question papers in the subjects Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology will be set both in Tamil and in English.
- For the subjects Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Computer Applications, Computer Science, All Engineering subjects (Including Agricultural Engineering), Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Marine Biology and Wildlife Biology, the question paper will be set in English only.
- The exam pattern of the TNPSC Group 6 2022 is as given below.
|Paper no.||Subject name||Remarks||Duration of exam||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|Paper 1 part A||கட்டாயத் தமிழ் மொழித்தகுதி மற்றும் மதிப்பீட்டுத் தேர்வு *(பத்தாம் வகுப்புத் தரம்)||Compulsory Subject||3 hours||100||150|
|Paper 1 part B||General Studies||Degree standard||75||150|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||SSLC standard||25|
|Paper – II||Optional Subject–1||Degree standard||3 hours||200||300|
|Paper – III||Optional Subject–2||Degree standard||3 hours||200||300|
|Additional||Interview and records||–||–||–||100|
TNPSC Group 6 PHYSICAL TEST (WALKING TEST)
Before being allowed to take the oral exam, an applicant must pass a physical test that involves walking for four hours over 25 kilometres for male applicants and 16 kilometres for female applicants, respectively. The physical test will be administered by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests on his behalf must obtain a certificate to this effect from a Gazetted Forest Officer. The walking test will only be given in Chennai. A Medical Board in Chennai must approve an applicant’s body, fitness, and capacity for hard outdoor work in the Forest Department.
TNPSC Group 6 Oral Test
Candidates will be able to take the oral exam if they pass all of the written and walking examinations. When reaching a final selection, the candidate’s performance in the oral examination will be taken into consideration. Most probably TNPSC Group 6 Oral TEST will be conducted on the same date as the certificate verification.
TNPSC Group 6 Vacancy
TNPSC Group 6 Vacancy details is a given in the table below.
|Name of the Post||Postcode||Name of the Service||Service code||Number of vacancies|
|Forest Apprentice||1652||Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service||008||10 [incl. 2 C/F vacancy]|
The distribution of the vacancies is as shown below.
|Category||Number of vacancies|
|BC (OBCM) (LC/AC)**||1|
|MBC/DC (G) (LC/AC)**||1|
All necessary details regarding the TNPSC Group 6 Exam Date 2022 are discussed in this article. Now that the TNPSC Forest Apprentice exam dates are out the aspirants can speed up their exam preparation accordingly. Download the Entri app to help you ace the TNPSC recruitment exams of 2022 with live classes, top-notch study materials and 1000+ mock tests.