Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). Applications are invited for the years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 for the Direct Recruitment against these vacancies. The Group IV posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. Total TNPSC Group IV 2019 vacancy is 6491 as of July 01, 2019.
TNPSC Group IV 2019 Qualification
- For Village Administration Officer, Junior Assistant(Non – Security & Security ), Bill Collector, Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Drafts-man – SSLC /Matriculation.
- For Field Surveyor, preference shall be given to those who are trained in the survey in Industrial Training Institutes.
- Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination in Typewriting.
- Steno-Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and in Shorthand.
- Village Administration Officer – 21 to 30 years
- All Other Posts – 18 to 30 years
Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable. Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature.
Click here to know about the TNPSC online portal. TNPSC Application Portal.
TNPSC Group IV Vacancy
- Every person appointed as the Village Administrative Officer(VAO) post shall reside in the village under his/her charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village as long as he/she is in- charge of that Village.
TNPSC Group IV Exam Pattern
Successful candidates from the test shall be invited for the document verification process and the following counseling schedule. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
TNPSC GROUP IV Syllabus
- General Science(Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
- Current Affairs
- Indian National Movement, History of India
- History and Culture of Tamil Nadu
- Indian Economy & Polity
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
General English/ General Tamil
- Authors and their Literary Works
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Group IV Syllabus
TNPSC Group IV Important Books
As a beginner, the best way to start the preparation is to read the TN state board textbooks. Textbooks from class 6 – 10 is the best source of information. Before jumping to any other guides available in the market, try to learn from the textbooks. The guides and other sources can be used as an aid to practice.
- State Board Textbooks – Class 6 – 10(for Science & Social Science )
- For General English – Class 6 – 12
- For Economics – Class 6 – 11
- For Political Science – Class 6 – 10 (Civics section) & Class 12 Political Science
- For Current Affairs – Newspapers & Year Book, Arihant Publications GK
- For Aptitude – A modern-day Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning R. S Agarwal
- Objective Arithmetic
Interested candidates can download the textbooks from here
For assuring your success in the examinations, interested candidates can follow the tailored 60-day plan to cover the whole syllabus. With the help of this timetable, candidates can cover the whole syllabus meant for the examination. Go through the syllabus, understand the topics and start learning today itself.
For more details about the recruitment, interested candidates can check the official notification. TNPSC GROUP IV Official Notification
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.