TNPSC, the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission the sole recruitment agency for the Tamil Nadu government services. From time to time TNPSC revisits their instructions to all applicants for the smooth conduct of the various recruitment drives. Through this annually revised instructions, TNPSC explains the dos and don’ts to the candidates while attempting for any TNPSC recruitment drives. Recently the commission updates the TNPSC 2020 instructions to the applicants. Let’s check the important instructions to be kept in my mind while applying for any TNPSC exams.
TNPSC 2020 Instructions for Applicants
From Last Grade Servants to Deputy Collector, TNPSC conducts hundreds of recruitment tests a year. Applications for all these are through the TNPSC website only. TNPSC does not receive applications from any other mode.
Anybody who wishes to apply against any TNPSC notifications should register themselves in the TNPSC One Time Registration Portal. One Time Registration (OTR) is mandatory before applying against any TNPSC advertised posts. One Time Registration (OTR) is valid for 05 years from the date of registration. After 05 years the candidate must renew their One Time Registration, by paying the fee prescribed. Till January 2020, the OTR fees are RS.150/ only. For the OTR candidates should have a digital copy of their recent photo, signature and other education certificates with them. For further communications with the TNPSC applicants should register with a valid email id and mobile number. After successful registrations, you will get a username and password combination to log in to your account.
Once you are successfully login into your account you can apply for any eligible posts you wish by paying the application fees against each and every notification. Make sure that you are eligible for that particular posts before paying the fees. Once paid fees are not refundable under normal circumstances.
Click here to know more about the TNPSC Application Portal
TNPSC ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
Important Instructions for Applicants
- Do not create more than one One Time Registration (OTR) id.
- Candidates can pay the fees through either Net Banking, Debit/ Credit Cards or Challan.
- Applicants need not send the printout of their application or any other documents to the Commission unless asked for them.
- The hall tickets for applicants will be made available on the Commission’s website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in / www.tnpsc.gov.in for downloading by applicants using their login credentials. The commission would not send out any hall tickets through the post.
- An applicant must satisfy the commission regarding his physical fitness( as mentioned in the advertisement) for the post for which he/she should produce a physical fitness certificate as prescribed.
- The Ex-Servicemen candidates need to produce only a properly authenticated extract from his Discharge Certificate.
- “Person with Benchmark Disability” means a person with not less than forty percent of a specified disability. Persons with benchmark disability will be eligible for age concession up to ten years over and above the age limit prescribed in the advertisement.
- Candidates should submit the Disability certificate, Destitute Widow certificate and all other relaxations seeking certificates in the prescribed format provided by the TNPSC.
- Check the below list for the updated fees exemption list by the TNPSC:
- Irrespective of the fact of whether the rule of reservation of appointments applies to the posts or not, a minimum of 30% of all vacancies shall be set apart for women candidates.
- Out of vacancies reserved for women candidates in-direct recruitment, 10% of vacancies are reserved for destitute widows.
- In each communal category, 5% shall be reserved for ex-servicemen, and 1% each shall be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities.
- Every applicant on the date of the Commission’s notification for the post should possess adequate knowledge in the Tamil language.
- Third gender candidates, who do not possess any community certificate shall be considered under Most Backward Class.
- Candidates should carry pens (blue or black) and hall ticket only inside the examination hall. All other belongings to be kept outside.
- The candidate will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the closing time of the examination.
- Candidates can send their queries relating to One Time Registration / on-line application may be sent to email@example.com.
Click here to download a free pdf copy of the TNPSC instructions for candidates
TNPSC 2020 INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post