Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). This year the commission has invited applications for years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. The Group 4 posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. The TNPSC Group 4 2019 selection is through a single-stage written examination. TNPSC Village Administrative Officer, Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, etc are selecting through the same recruitment test.
TNPSC Village Administrative Officer
TNPSC Village Administrative Officer is one of the 08 posts included in the TNPSC Group-04 Combined Civil Services Examinations. Every person appointed as the Village Administrative Officer(VAO) post shall reside in the village under his/her charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village as long as he/she is in- charge of that Village. In the latest edition of the recruitment drive, i.e, the TNPSC Group-04 Combined Civil Service Examination 2019 397 vacant VAO positions are reported.
- Candidates must have passed the S.S.L.C public examination(Matric Level) or its equivalent with eligibility for admission higher studies.
- Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature.
|01||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs||21 years||40 years|
|02||Others||21 years||30 years|
- Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable.
Village Administrative Officer 2019 Important Dates
Village Administrative Officer Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Village Administrative Officer(VAO) Selection Process includes single stage written examination followed by the document verification. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
|Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
|Single Paper(S.S.L.C Standard) General Studies(75 nos) + Aptitude and Mental Ability Test(25 nos) + General Tamil/ General English(100 nos) = 200 Questions||
The candidates can find the detailed syllabus for the examination: TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Syllabus.
Village Administrative Officer Syllabus
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Latest events
- National symbols
- Profile of States- Eminent persons & places in the news
- Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
- Problems in conduct of public elections,
- Political parties and political system in India,
- Public awareness & General administration,
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-Water resources – rivers in India
- Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife
- Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
- Geographical landmarks, Current socio-economic problems, Latest inventions on science & technology
History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule- VIII
- Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data
- Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work.
- Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
- Phrases & Meanings
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Prefix, Suffix
- Articles & Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Question tags, Tenses, Voice
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle, Homophones
- Sentence correction
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems. ( Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116 )
- Biography of MahatmaGandhi, Nehru, Bose, Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala, Dr.Salim Ali, Rani of Jhansi, Mandela, Lincoln
- Shakespeare’s Writings – Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116 )
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s (The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant )
- Dr.Karl Paulnack ( Music – The Hope Raiser ) etc
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Syllabus
Village Administrative Officer Salary and Promotions
For TNPSC Group-04 Salary is in the pay band of Rs. 19500 – Rs. 62000/. The in-hand salary of Village Administrative Officer will be in between Rs.18,000/ and Rs.19,000/, depending upon the posting area. Selected candidates will get different allowances like House Rent Allowance(HRA), Dearness Allowance(DA), etc.
- Dearness Allowance(DA) – 5% of Basic pay (Revised in every 6 months)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Depends on the city you work
- City Allowance – Depends on the city you work ( For Chennai it is Rs.360/)
There are some deductions too, like :
- Contributory pension Scheme – 10% of your (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)
- Family Benefit fund – Rs.60
- New Health Insurance Scheme – Rs.180
Village Administrative Officer Promotions
The “Panchayat Secretary” is considered as the Village Administrative Officer(VAO). She/He is the administrative head of the villages and has the power of maintaining the village funds-collection and disbursal. They are entitled to shortlist the eligible members for the government schemes, to initiate constructions, etc. The VAO is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of different records like land and revenue. The Village Administrative Officers will be promoted as an Assistant. After 06 years of service, they can attend the department tests for promotions. Promotions up to Deputy Collector is possible depending upon the service period. The newly recruited Village Administrative Officers should complete 06 years in service to become eligible for the promotions. The VAO’s can attend time-time departmental tests conducted by the TNPSC to enhance their career in the revenue department. The Promotion ladder of the Village Administrative Officer is as follows:
- Assistant in Revenue Department ► Revenue Inspector ► Deputy Tahsildar► Thasildar ► Deputy Collector
As one climbs the promotion ladder his/her salary and all other allowances will also increase. Click here to download free pdf of Village Administrative Officer previous year question papers.
- TNPSC VAO 2016: VAO 2016
- TNPSC VAO 2014: TNPSC VAO 2014
- TNPSC VAO 2013: VAO 2013
- TNPSC VAO 2011: TNPSC VAO 2011
TNPSC Application Procedure
Those who are interested to apply towards the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) jobs need to follow the below steps.
- Open the TNPSC official website – TNPSC Online Portal
- On your right-hand side, you can find the ‘Student’s Corner‘. Under the ‘Student’s Corner,’ you can find the ‘One Time Registration‘.
- Click on the ‘One Time Registration‘. TNPSC Application Portal tab will open before you.
- On the TNPSC Application Portal window you can find the One Time Registration option. Click on the New User.
- When you click on the New User, a new window will pop up asking you to create a Login ID
- Once you created the Login Id, another tab will get open asking for your details.
- Make sure you have a valid email id and mobile number. A digital copy of your photograph and signature is also required. Make sure to enter the correct details about your SSLC examination certificate. If you have more than one SSLC certificate, enter the details about the latest one.
- If candidates have any doubts regarding the registration, you can email the helpdesk, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- At the end of the registration, process candidates need to pay Rs. 150/ against the registration.
- You can either pay the fees through the debit card and net banking or through the challan. If you are opting for the challan( State Bank of India or Post Office) you need to wait for 2-days before paying the fees.
- Registration is valid for 5 years.
For more details about the One Time Registration(OTR), interested candidates can visit here How to Apply towards TNPSC Posts?
- Once you have completed the One Time Registration, you can start applying for the posts.
- Other than the registration fees paid for One Time Registration, candidates need to pay the application fee for each and every application separately.
- The application fees will be specified in the notification.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.