Table of Contents
Candidates attending major examinations must have an understanding of various competitive examinations and the opportunities offered. There are several competitive examinations held in India to fill administrative service vacancies.The article below provides a comparative understanding on the difference between TNPSC and SSC.
TNPSC vs SSC: Basic Difference
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, the public body operates under the Government of Tamil Nadu to select public service aspirants to function exclusively for the State of Tamil Nadu. The Tamil Nadu state government is the conducting body of the TNPSC examination held at the state level.
Staff Selection Commission, the reputed organisation that works as a subordinate office to DPOT (Department of Personnel and Training) conducting government exams in India. SSC functions to fill thousands of vacancies in government departments every year. The recruitment levels in SSC ranges from Audit Officer, Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission,) Inspector (Dept. of Post), Assistant Section Officer (CSS),Assistant (Ministry of Railway), Assistant (Intelligence Bureau), Divisional Accountant (CAG), Sub Inspectors (CBI), Statistical Investigator, Assistant (Other Ministries) Sub Inspectors (NIA), Senior Secretariat Assistant, Tax Assistant (CBEC & CBDT), Compiler (Registrar General of India), Accountant/ Junior Accountant (Offices under C&AG, CGA & others), Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics) etc.
TNPSC vs SSC: Overview
The table given below draws a clear comparison of both TNPSC and SSC for a better understanding.
|Type of Examination||· State-level
· Selection from across the state of Tamil Nadu for public services.
· Selection from across the country (India) for public services.
|Number of Attempts||No restriction||Restriction depending on the post.|
|Posts Available||Candidates clearing the TNPSC examination are recruited for posts such as RDO, MRO etc.||Candidates clearing the selection process of SSC examination are recruited for posts such as Audit Officer, Inspector (Examiner) (CBEC), Income Tax Inspector (CBDT), etc.|
|Exam Pattern||i) Preliminary Examination
ii) Main Examination
|i) Tier I
ii) Tier II
iii) Tier III
iv) Tier IV
|Question Type||Objective Type||Tier I – Objective Type
Tier II – Objective Type
Tier III – Descriptive Paper
Tier IV – Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
|Time Table||Conducted during the availability of vacancies.||Conducted every year on a regular basis. Official notifications are generally released accordingly.|
|Salary Package||· Pay scale offered by TNPSC ranges from INR 15600 to INR 39100
· Salary varies based on TNPSC posts.
|· Pay scale offered by SSC ranges from Rs.40,000 to 55,000 .
· Salary varies based on SSC posts.
TNPSC v SSC: Syllabus
The syllabus for TNPSC and SSC examination is as follows:
i) TNPSC Syllabus
- Indian Polity and Emerging Political Trends across the world affecting India
- Tamil Society – Culture and Heritage
- Modern Indian History and Indian Culture
- Social Issues – India and Tamil Nadu
- General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
- Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the Indian development
- Indian Geography – special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Biodiversity, Disaster Management, and Environment
- Indian Economy – Current trends and impact of the global economy on India
ii) SSC Syllabus
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Comprehension
- Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data
- Measures of Central Tendency- Common measures of central tendency
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
- Probability Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Sampling Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Analysis of Variance
- Finance and Accounts
- Economics and Governance
Cracking competitive examinations is not a simple task yet it can be made possible by employing the right preparation strategies and useful study materials. Entri, the learning app provides top-notch coaching to clear any competitive examinations by helping students to gain in-depth learning and proper guidance during their preparations. Download Entri to find the right source of study materials and strategies for study for major examinations.