Table of Contents
On March 8, 2022, the Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) posted a notice on their official website for the recruitment of TNUSRB SI Taluk, AR, and TSP. This job is open to candidates who have graduated from a UGC-approved university or institution and meet the physical standards. On or before April 7, 2022, interested applicants can submit their applications online.
|Notification to be released on||8 March|
|Last Date of Submission||31 Mar 2022|
|Exam organised by||Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB)|
|Post name||Sub Inspector|
|Total Vacancies||444 Posts|
|Exam date||Will be notified later|
|Salary||Rs. 36,900 – 1,16,600/- every month|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Age limit||20-30 years|
|Posts||· Sub Inspector of Police (Taluk)
· Sub Inspector of Police (AR)
· SI – Tamil Nadu Special Police (TSP)
|Qualification||· Bachelor’s Degree from any University recognized by UGC
· Applicants must have learned Tamil in Class X or XII to be
· Written Examination (pattern will be different for open quota and department quota. Similarly, cut off marks will also be different for them)
· Physical Efficiency Test
· Special Marks
|Exam medium||· English
|Exam fee||· INR 500/-
· INR 1000/- if you already belong to the police department and is applying via open quota as well as departmental quota
|Written exam duration||3 hours|
|Upper age limit for categories with reservation||· OBC- 32 years
· SC/ Arunthathiyar/ ST – 35 years
· Transgender – 35 years
· Destitute widow- 37 years
· Ex-servicemen/Ex-personnel of Central Para-Military Forces- 47 years
· Departmental aspirants appearing for the exam for departmental quota – 47 years
Important Exam Dates for TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022
The candidates must download the official notification presented by the authorities on the official website as soon as it is available on 8th March and you will be easily able to know about the important dates on which the entrance examination will be conducted by the authorities. You can also check out the people given below in order to know more about the exam dates taken into consideration by the authorities of TNUSRB.
|Release of TNUSRB Notification||March 8, 2022
|TNUSRB Online Application Starts||To be announced|
|Last Date to Submit TNUSRB Application Form||7 April 2022
|Last Date of TNUSRB Application Fee Submission||To be announced|
|TNUSRB SI Written Exam Date||June 2022|
|TNUSRB SI Answer Key Releasing Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of TNUSRB SI Result||To be announced|
|TNUSRB SI PMT/PET/ET Date||To be announced|
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
There are two sections for the Written Exam. They are Part A and Part B. The TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 Exam pattern is different for Open Category Aspirants and Departmental Quota Aspirants. The Exam pattern for both categories is elaborated in detail below.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 Written Exam
The pattern of the TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 Written Exam is shown in the table below.
|1||Written Examination||70 Marks||85 Marks|
|2||Physical Efficiency Test||15 Marks||Exempted|
|3||Viva-Voce||10 Marks||10 Marks|
|4||Special Marks||5 Marks||5 Marks|
|Total||100 Marks||100 Marks|
- TNUSRB SI recruitment 2022 has fixed 70 marks in total for Part A and Part B of the examination for the open category applicants. The applicants will have 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish writing the examination.
- Question paper’s Part A will contain the questions from General awareness. Part A has 80 questions for 40 marks.
- Part B of the question paper will contain the questions from the rest of the syllabus. Part B will have 60 questions for 30 marks.
- Both the papers contain questions that are of multiple-choice objective type.
- negative marking is not present in these papers.
- TNUSRB SI recruitment 2022 has fixed a total of 85 marks in total for both parts A and B for the departmental quota applicants. The applicants will have three hours to finish both parts. The applicants must get at least 30 marks to pass this phase.
- Question paper’s Part A will contain the questions from General awareness. Part A will have 30 questions for 15 marks.
- Question paper’s Part B will contain the questions from the rest of the syllabus. Part B will have 140 questions for 70 marks.
- negative marking is not present in these papers.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 PMT/ PET/ ET Tests
Physical measurement tests include the following:
|OC, BC, BC(M) MBC/DNC||170cm||159cm|
|SC, SC (A), ST||167cm||157cm|
|Chest Measurement Only for Male Applicants|
|In Expanded Condition||81 to 86|
After passing the PMT, the applicants have to excel in the Physical Efficiency Test. The detailed information about PET is in the table below.
|Candidates||PET Events||Performance Measurement|
|One Star (2 Marks)||Two Stars (5 Marks)|
|Men||Rope Climbing||5 m||6 m|
|Long Jump (or) High Jump||3.8 m (Long Jump) 1.2 m (High Jump)||4.5 m (Long Jump) 1.4 m (High Jump)|
|100 m run (or) 400 m run||15 s (100 m run) 80 s (400 m run)||13.5 s (100 m run) 70 s (400 m run)|
|Women/Transgender candidates||Long jump||3 m||3.75 m|
|Shot Put (or) Cricket ball throw||4.25 m (Shot Put) 17 m (Cricket ball throw)||5.50 m (Shot Put) 24 m (Cricket ball throw)|
|100 m run (or) 200 m run||17.5 m (100 m run) 38 s (200 m run)||15.5 m (100 m run) 33 s (200 m run)|
|Ex-servicemen / Ex-personnel of Central Para-Military Forces and present Police staff who are to retire within one year||Shot Put||5 m||6 m|
|Long Jump (or) High Jump||3.25 m (Long Jump) 0.9 m (High Jump)||4.5 m (Long Jump) 1.4 m (High Jump)|
|100 m run (or) 400 m run||17 s (100 m run) 8 s (400 m run)||13.5 s (100 m run) s (400 m run)|
After passing the Physical Efficiency test, applicants have to excel in the Endurance Test (ET). The detailed information about the Endurance Test is given below.
|Men||1500 m within 7 minutes|
|Women/ Transgender||400 m within 2 minutes 30 seconds|
|Ex-servicemen / Ex-personnel of Central Para-Military Forces/ serving police staff who are to retire within one year.||1500 m within 8 minutes|
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2022 Vacancy
900 vacancies are expected for the TNUSRB Sub Inspector (SI) Recruitment 2022. The main vacancy which is presented by the organisation of TNUSRB is of the sub-inspector and this vacancy will be available in two services presented by the organisation namely the Tamil Nadu Police subordinate service and Tamil Nadu police special subordinate service. There are different vacancies available for different departments as given below:-
|Post Name||Service Name||Vacancies|
|Sub Inspector of Police Taluk||Tamil Nadu Police subordinate service||279||120||399|
|Sub Inspector of Police AR||32||13||45|
Students interested in joining the police force, as well as those who are already employed in the police force but want to advance their careers, should take this exam. If an aspirant can effectively prepare for the written exam as well as train to pass the physical endurance test given in the TNUSRB SI recruitment 2022 notification, they will undoubtedly land a good job that pays well and provides them with a high social position. It also comes with a slew of allowances and other perks, as well as several prospects for advancement and pay raises. To help you prepare for the written test for TNUSRB SI recruitment 2022, Download the Entri app. When you subscribe to the app, you’ll get access to a lot of video lectures on a variety of subjects, a lot of study materials, a lot of mock tests, and a lot of recommendations on how to organize your exam preparation approach. It will also keep you up to date on the most recent notices for all national competitive tests.