Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for comprehending these current affairs sections. This article has provided the top weekly current affairs from September 27 to October 3, 2021, which will help all aspirants improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 September 27 to October 3
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week September 27 to October 3, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
Smriti Mandhana, First Indian woman to score a century in a pink-ball cricket test
- Smriti Mandhana reached a new milestone on 1 Oct 2021 as she became the first Indian woman to score a Test hundred in pink-ball cricket.
- She scored 127 runs with 22 fours and a six.
- The historic century was also the first in the career of Mandhana.
- Earlier, Virat Kohli had become the first Indian cricketer in the men’s game to have scored a hundred in a pink-ball Test.
DRDO tested a new version of the Akash Missile ‘Akash Prime’
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) tested a new version of the Akash Missile ‘Akash Prime’.
- It is tested from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha.
- The missile intercepted and destroyed an unmanned aerial target mimicking enemy aircraft, in its maiden flight test after improvements.
- Chairman DRDO: G Satheesh Reddy.
Digital Quality of Life (DQL) Index 2021
- In accordance with the 3rd edition of global research “Digital Quality of Life (DQL) Index 2021” released by online privacy solutions provider SurfShark, India ranked 59th out of 110 countries.
- The first rank was marked by Denmark.
- The 2nd and 3rd ranks are secured by South Korea and Finland respectively.
- The lowest rank was marked by Ethiopia.
- Among the Asian nations, India is at 17th position and among the South Asian Region, India is at 1st position.
The deep depression in the Arabian Sea intensified into Cyclone Shaheen on October 1st
- Name the cyclone formed in the Arabian Sea in October 2021 – Shaheen
- The name was given by Qatar
- The Deep Depression formed over the southeast and adjoining the southwest Bay of Bengal has intensified into a Cyclonic Storm ‘Burevi’ over southwest Bay of Bengal.
- Cyclone Taukate caused several damages including lives in the Western part of the country particularly – Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa during May 2021.
Dr. Kalpetta Balakrishnan Memorial Award 2021
- Malayalam litterateurs who won Dr. Kalpetta Balakrishnan Memorial Award in October 2021 – M K Sanu, M Leelavathy
- Mundanat Leelavathy (born 16 September 1927) is a Malayalam writer, literary critic, and educationist. During her long literary career, she won several awards including Kendra Sahithya Academy Award and Kerala Sahithya Academy Award.
- M. K. Sanu (born 27 October 1928) is a Malayali writer, critic, retired professor, biographer, journalist, orator, social activist, and human rights activist. He is a prominent literary figure who has authored over thirty-six books.
India- Sri Lanka to take part in ‘Mitra Shakti 21’ Exercise
- 8th Edition of the “India Sri Lanka bilateral joint Exercise” called Mitra Shakti will be conducted from October 4 to October 15, 2021, at Combat Training School, Ampara in Sri Lanka.
- 7th Edition of Exercise Mitra Shakti was conducted in the year 2019 at Foreign Training Node (FTN), Pune, Maharashtra.
- It was conducted with the aim of building and promoting positive relations between armies of both countries.
Najla Bouden Ramadhane Tunisia’s and the Arab world’s first female prime minister
- Najla Bouden Ramadhane, a university engineer with World Bank experience, has been lifted from political obscurity to become Tunisia’s and the Arab world’s first female prime minister.
- Tunisia, officially the Republic of Tunisia, is the northernmost country in Africa.
- President – Kais Saied
- Currency – Tunisian dinar
Kerala government introduces ‘Project Ponvakk’ to stop child marriages
- The state government in Kerala has started ‘Project Ponvakk’ to stop child marriages from taking place.
- In an attempt to stop child marriages, the Kerala government has come up with a new project called ‘Ponvakk’.
- Under this project, the government will pay Rs 2,500 to informers who report a child marriage.
Indian Organisation LIFE receives 2021 Right Livelihood Award
- The Delhi-based environmental organization “Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE)” has been felicitated with the 2021 Right Livelihood Award, an international honor, also known as Sweden’s alternative Nobel Prize.
- LIFE has been selected for the award for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”
- The Right Livelihood Award comes with a cash prize of 1 million Swedish crowns ($115,000) and long-term support to highlight and expand Laureates’.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.