Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from April 05 to 11, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 April 05 to 11
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week April 05 to 11, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
The Kerala Health Department is to launch a mass vaccination drive called the “Crushing the Curve”
- The Kerala Health Department is to launch a mass vaccination drive called the “Crushing the Curve”.
- Kerala has recently witnessed a sharp spike in COVID-19 cases after the assembly elections.
- The number of COVID-19 cases is increasing at 700 to 1000 per day.
- The Health sector of Kerala had been outperforming in recent times. In September 2020, Kerala won the UN Award for Control of Non-Communicable diseases.
- Also, Kerala emerged as the most successful state in fighting against COVID-19.
- When the transmission rate of primary carrier was 6 in the country, it was only 0.4 in Kerala.
Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou sworn in as new Prime Minister of Niger
- Niger President Mohamed Bazoum has appointed Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou as the new Prime Minister of the country effective from April 03, 2021.
- Prior to this, the 66-year-old Mahamadou served as a minister in charge of the finance and mining portfolios.
- He replaces Brigi Rafini, who served as the Prime Minister of Niger from 2011 to 2021.
- Niger Capital:Niamey and Currency: West African CFA franc
Singapore becomes first country to ratify mega free trade agreement ‘RCEP’
- On April 9, 2021, Singapore ratified the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement, the world’s largest free trade agreement, led by China.
- In doing so, Singapore became the first among 15 participating countries to ratify RCEP.
- RCEP is a multi-nation trade pact, comprising 10 ASEAN economies as well as Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea.
- India had opted out of it in 2019.
Russia Registers World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine For Animals named ‘Carnivac-Cov’
- Russia has become the first country in the world to register the coronavirus vaccine for animals.
- The vaccine, called ‘Carnivac-Cov’, would be able to protect vulnerable species and thwart viral mutations.
- Carnivac-Cov is the world’s first & the only anti-#COVID_19 vaccine for animals.
Rajasthan becomes first state to launch “Health Insurance for All” its residents
- The state government of Rajasthan has launched a cashless medical insurance scheme titled “Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana”, aimed at providing medical relief to all residents of the state.
- Under this scheme, each family in the state can claim up to Rs. 5 lakh every year for medical expenses.
- With this, Rajasthan has become the first state in the country, where each family will get health insurance of Rs 5 lakh each year.
‘Tulip Festival’ Begins in Jammu & Kashmir
- The famous tulip festival kicked-off in Asia’s largest Tulip Garden in Jammu & Kashmir on April 3, 2021 with the enthralling cultural and musical performances by the popular artists and singers from within and outside the UT.
- The festival was inaugurated by Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha.
- It has been organised by Jammu and Kashmir Tourism department in collaboration with Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation and Department of Floriculture.
India’s biggest “floating solar power plant” to be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana
- The biggest floating solar power plant in India is being set up at Ramagundam in Telangana.
- The total capacity of the plant is 100 MW and is being commissioned by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) at Ramagundam thermal power plant reservoir.
- The project will cover 450-acre area of the reservoir and is expected to be opened in May 2021.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post