Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs sections. This article has provided the top weekly current affairs from June 14 to 20, 2021, which will help all aspirants improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 June 14 to 20
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week June 14 to 20, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
Different schemes in Kerala
- Awareness campaign launched in Kasaragod to combat the third wave of Covid 19 – Iniyoru Tharangam Venda
- Awareness Campaign launched in Calicut to combat against the third wave of Covid 19 – Veetilanu Karuthal
- Kerala Khadi & Village Industries board launched a program to help entrepreneurs start a business – Oru Villagil Oru Vyavasayam.
- Program launched by Social Justice Department of Kerala to make people aware about dementia – Smritipadam
Tamilnadu decided to allow women temple priests
- Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department (HR&CE) Minister P K Sekar Babu recently announced that Hindus of all castes would be appointed as priests in over 36,000 temples under its department.
- He also said women could also be appointed as priests in temples following stipulated training.
- The minister also said the government will take measures to provide appointments to qualified priests before the newly elected DMK government completes 100 days.
Global Peace Index 2021 announced
- The rank of India in the recently published Global Peace Index 2021 – 135 (topped by Iceland)
- The 15th edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI) announced by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney, the GPI is the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness.
- The index ranks 163 independent states and territories according to their level of peacefulness.
Author of the book ‘Beyond Here and Other Poems’ – Bishnupada Sethi
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has released a collection of poems titled Beyond Here and Other Poems.
- The book was written by senior bureaucrat Bishnupada Sethi, the State’s Revenue Secretary.
- It is a collection of 61 poems and published by Har Anand Publications, New Delhi.
Environmental Organisation ‘Familial Forestry’ wins prestigious UN award
- The 2021 Land for Life Award has been won by Familial Forestry of Rajasthan, a unique concept that relates a tree with a family, making it a green “family member.”
- The UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) organizes the Land for Life Award every two years to recognize excellence and innovation in efforts towards land in balance.
- The theme for the 2021 Award is “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives”.
- This award is considered the world’s highest reward regarding land conservation and restoration.
Wrestler Vinesh Phogat clinched the gold medal in Poland open
- Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in the 53 kg category at the Poland Open.
- It is her third title of the season.
- She had won gold at the Matteo Pellicone event (March) and Asian Championship (April).
- She defeated Ukraine’s Khrystyna Bereza in the final. Khrystyna Bereza won the silver medal at the Poland Open.
- Earlier, Indian wrestler Anshu Malik pulled out of the 57kg competition due to fever.
Microsoft names CEO Satya Nadella as Chairman
- Microsoft Corp named Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella as its new chairman.
- He took over as the software giant’s CEO in 2014, succeeding Steve Ballmer.
- He is credited with bringing new energy to the company, founded in 1975.
- The company also appointed former chairman John Thompson as a lead independent director.
Israel will become the World’s First Mask-Free Country from June 15
- Israel will become the world’s first mask-free country in the Corona period. Here the rule of applying masks in closed places will end from June 15.
- This was announced by Israel’s Health Minister Yuli Edelstein. The rule of applying masks outside has already been abolished in the country.
- However, most restrictions related to foreign travel have not yet been lifted. For example, travel to nine countries is still banned.
- There is a rule of quarantine for travelers coming from these countries.
National Reading Day: 19 June
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) celebrates National Reading Day annually on 19 June.
- The Day is celebrated to honour the father of the ‘Library Movement in Kerala’, the late P.N. Panicker, whose death anniversary falls on June 19.
- In 2021, 26th National Reading Day is being celebrated.
- The week following June 19 will be observed as Reading Week and the entire month till July 18 will be observed as Reading Month.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post