Table of Contents
WB Primary TET Eligibility Criteria 2022: Qualification and Age Limit given as the criteria for an aspirant to be eligible to apply for WB Primary TET 2022 should be understood before applying for the exam. West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) released a short notification PDF on 29th September 2022 regarding the conduction of the teacher eligibility test of this year for selecting aspirants to the position of Assistant Teachers to teach classes ranging from1 to 5 in Government Aided/ Government Sponsored/ junior Basic Primary schools. It will be conducted throughout the state according to NCTE guidelines and other laws concerned. The examination will be conducted on a single day throughout the state.
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Teachers Eligibility Test (WB Primary TET)|
|Exam organising Body||West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE)|
|Exam Level||State- Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Language of Exam||Bengali & English|
|Notification release date||29th September 2022|
|Application process notification release date||14th October 2022|
|WB Primary TET 2022 exam date||11th December 2022|
WB Primary TET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who have achieved the professional as well as academic qualifications stated by NCTE notification which is dated 25-08-2010 read along with 28-06-2018 and 13-10-2021 will only be considered to be eligible to apply for WB Primary TET 2022. The list of approved second languages for the exam depends on the candidate’s choice and the medium of instruction in the selected school. They are Urdu, Bengali, Hindi, Nepali, Oriya, Telugu and Santali. The first language is English for all candidates.
Candidates may apply for the WB Primary TET 2022 if they are over the age of 18. The WBBPE has not set a maximum age requirement for the WB Primary TET Exam 2022.
The general criteria for educational qualification for WB Primary TET 2022 applicants are given below. For categories like SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, Exempted categories (EC), ex-servicemen, physically handicapped (PH) and DH (death in harness), a 5% relaxation in minimum marks are allowed.
The applicants must have earned at least 50% in their 10+2 equivalents (Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary) as well as a 2-year Elementary Education diploma (D.El.Ed).
The candidate must also hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) and have completed Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary (or its equivalent, 10+2)) with at least 50% of the required marks.
Candidates must have at least 50% in their 10+2 courses (or the equivalent in Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary), as well as a Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)-approved Special Education Diploma
A Graduate Degree with at least 50% marks and a Bachelor of Education (BEd)
Besides the people discussed above, another section is also allowed to write WB Primary TET 2022. They are:
- Candidates who had taken the final year test of the 2-year D.El. Ed courses at any NCTE-recognized institution on the date the WB Primary TET Notification was released are eligible for the 2022 exam, even though the results have not yet been released.
- Candidates who had taken the final year test of a 2-year D. Ed (Special) course from any RCI-recognized institution on the date the WB Primary TET Notification was released are eligible for the 2022 exam, even though the results have not yet been released.
- Candidates who have taken the final year exam of a Bachelors of Education (B. Ed) course from any NCTE-recognised establishment on the date of the WB Primary TET Notification release (even if the results have not been released) are eligible for the WB Primary TET Exam 2022.
- Candidates taking D.El.Ed/D.Ed (Special Education)/B. Ed Training (Session 2020-2022) and having passed Part-I of the same are qualified to apply for the WB Primary TET Exam 2022.
How to Apply for WB Primary TET 2022?
Follow the steps provided below to apply for WB Primary TET 2022. More accurate instructions will be released on the official website on 14th October 2022.
- Candidates must go to the WBBPE’s official website.
- They must select the ‘New Candidate Register’ option.
- The WB Primary TET Online Application 2022 will appear on the next page.
- Candidates must fill out all of the essential information, such as their name, subjects they are applying for, date of birth, nationality, father’s name, mother’s name, mobile number, email address, and so on.
- The candidates must then upload their pictures and signatures.
- They must also upload the necessary documents in the available place.
- They will then be sent to the payment gateway to pay the application fees using Internet Banking, Credit cards, or Debit cards.
- Finally, the aspirants can check the WB TET Online Application Form 2022.
- Participants must click the submit button once they are confident that the information supplied in the WB TET Online Application Form 2022 is correct.
The application fee for WB Primary TET 2022 for various categories is given below.
|No.||Category of the candidates||Fees in INR|
|1||General (UR)||Rs. 150/-|
|2||OBC-A and OBC-B||Rs.100/-|
|3||SC, ST and PH||Rs. 50/-|
All essential details regarding WB Primary TET Eligibility Criteria 2022 are discussed in the article here. For more information refer to the official website. Join the coaching classes and start collecting study materials. Start the exam preparations and revisions as soon as possible to obtain the best results and a higher rank in the merit list for the year 2022.