Are you preparing for any competitive exams like PSC, SSC, RRB or Banking? Then it is important to stay updated and aware of the daily news happening around the world. Current affair is an important topic coming on all competitive exams like Kerala PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc. Aspirants should learn current affairs on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. In this article, you will find current affairs happened from March 31 to April 6,2019.
Shangai becomes 1st district with 5G coverage
- China’s Shanghai claimed to have the world’s first district with 5G coverage and a broadband gigabit network. It has conducted trial runs of the 5G network.
- The trial runs of the 5G network started in Shanghai’s Hongkou district.
- 5G base stations had been deployed over the last three months to ensure full coverage in Hongkou.
Earth Hour 2019: 30 March
- Cities around the world marked Earth Hour on 30 March by turning off lights at 8:30 p.m. local time.Like every year, Earth Hour 2019 falls on the last Saturday of March.
- It Organised each year by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- The Earth Hour was started in 2007 as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia.Theme: #Connect2Earth
ISRO launches observation satellite EMISAT
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its latest observation satellite EMISAT.
- The launch vehicle PSLV-C45 lifted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota carrying EMISAT and 28 other customer payloads.
- The main satellite EMISAT and the 28 customer satellites will be ed into two different orbits, and later, the fourth stage engine of the rocket will be taken to a third orbit in space.
- The foreign satellites include 24 from the United States, two from Lithuania and one each from Switzerland and Spain.
Odisha celebrating ‘Utkal Divas.’
- ‘Utkal Divas’ is 84th foundation day of Odisha.
- To commemorate the sacrifices of people for the formation of Odisha province in 1936, programmes are being organised at various places across the State.
- Odisha was the first State to be formed on linguistic basis in 1936.
- Earlier, Odisha was part of Bihar.
‘House Challenge’ A mission towards Homeless-free Kerala
- ‘House Challenge,’ a mission launched by principal of Our Lady’s Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Chellanam.
- It has been five years since Sr Lizzy Chakalakkal, principal of Our Lady’s Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Chellanam, launched a project to help the homeless have a shelter of their own.
- 105 houses have been built and handed over to the beneficiaries under the House Challenge project.
Prevention of Blindness Week observed from 1st to 7th April 2019
- The Government of India organizes “Prevention of Blindness Week” annually from 1st to 7th April to raise awareness regarding the precautions to be taken to prevent blindness. The target of the day is on detection, cure and treatment of eye diseases.
- In this regard, campaign has been organized all over the country to provide knowledge about the risk factors that lead to the eye injuries which can cause visual impairment.
Kandhamal haldi gets GI tag
- Kandhamal haldi (turmeric) produced by the tribal farmers in Odisha’s Kandhamal district received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- Kandhamal turmeric, originally grown by tribal people in Kandhamal, is famous for its medicinal properties.
- Kandhamal haldi is organic by default being cultivated by more than 60,000 families.
- The colour of Kandhamal haldi is golden yellow being well distinguished from other varieties.
Saurav Ghosal became first Indian male Squash player to break into top-10 of PSA world ranking
- On 1st April 2019, Saurav Ghosal moved up two places to become the first Indian male squash player to break into the top 10 of the latest PSA (Professional Squash Association) world ranking. He is ranked at 10th Place which is his career best ranking.
- Saurav Ghosal performed brilliantly in the 2018-2019 PSA World Championship which was held in Chicago, USA and reached up to the quarter finals.
- Two Indian Women Squash player named Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal had entered into top 10 of PSA World ranking earlier.
Two new birds spotted in North Kerala’s Aralam sanctuary during a recent bird survey
- The Woolly-necked Stork and White-bellied Drongo, both dry-land species of birds have been spotted in North Kerala’s Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary during The 19th bird survey.
- Besides the new species, a total of 152 species were spotted in that survey.
- The survey was conducted jointly by the forest and wildlife department and the Malabar Natural History Society (MNHS).
UAE honours PM Modi with the highest civilian honour, Zayed Medal
- UAE honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest civilian award, the Zayed Medal for boosting the bilateral ties between both of the nations.
- United Arab Emirates’s highest civilian decoration, the Order of Zayed, awarded to those who
- contribute to international leadership in strengthening relations with the country.
- Past recipients of this award were Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US president George W Bush, French leader Nicolas Sarkozy and German politician Angela Merkel.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.