Table of Contents
It is on the 16th of October every year that the WFSA supports anaesthesia providers a world to celebrate their profession. They do all of it while having fun. One thing to note is that every patient is different thus the anaesthetic to be provided should also be different. Anaesthetists can make modifications according to the specific needs of the patient. You should always take to your specialist to know more about the kind of anaesthesia that is right for you.
It is World Anaesthesia Day that celebrates the birth of anaesthesia which is on 16th October 1846. This came to light when Massachusetts General Hospital demonstrated the usage of ether for the first time on a patient. This brought about a change in the process of surgery forever. Through this demonstration, it was proved that patients can undergo surgery without any kind of torture due to pain.
History of World Anaesthesia Day 2021
Even though it is almost 173 years since the first anaesthetic procedure took place and countless breakthroughs that have been successful, some 5 billion people did not have access to safe anaesthesia practices. Due to this constant neglect of the right practice, global awareness days such as World Anaesthesia Day is needed. It is through such programs that a powerful advocacy tool to mobilise political will, educating the general public and enforcing achievements of the global anaesthesia community.
Every year for World Anaesthesia Day, WFSA focuses on a different aspect of anaesthesia care. This helps us to explain the varied, diverse and critical roles that anesthesiologists play in patients’ wellbeing. So people eagerly wait for the national anesthesiologist week 2021.
World Anaesthesia Day Theme 2021
Many hospitals across Australia and New Zealand set up foyer booths that display pieces of equipment and other mannequins. Also, anaesthetists answer questions from the public and hand out patient information sheets. there are many media campaigns that highlight anaesthesia and the theme chosen for each year. The world anaesthesia day 2021 theme is “Anaesthesia and having a baby”.
Each year we celebrate ANZCA National Anaesthesia Day across Australia and New Zealand on the 16th of October or a weekday closest to this date. It was in the year 1846 that ether anaesthetic was first demonstrated in Boston, Massachusetts.
Examples of occupational well being practices shared by WSFA
· Take routines and rest breaks
· Talk to your colleagues about wellbeing
· Raising concerns about stress with seniors
· Encouraging a good work-life balance in every department
· Look after fellow anaesthesiologists
· Implementing workplace risk assessments
· One should learn to say no to calls when they feel they are not in good shape
· Feed and staying hydrated properly during the workday
· Work on emotional intelligence, assertive communication, empathy and compassion
World Anaesthesia Day 2021 Wishes
Here are the world anaesthesia day 2021 quotes you can share:
- We cannot imagine having to go under knives without Anesthesia. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
- Here’s to thanking Anesthesia for letting us get treated without feeling the pain. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
- Here’s to appreciating the work of Anesthesiologists. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
- Anaesthetists are responsible for the preoperative care of the patients. Cheers to them and wish them all a very happy World Anesthesia Day!
- Cheers to the doctors who administer anaesthesia to the patients and make it a point that the patient does not feel the pain. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
- Surgeries have become so much easier thanks to the practice of administering anaesthesia. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
- I think this is the most important part of treatment, to be able to make sure a patient does not feel the pain. Happy World Anesthesia Day!
The evolution of Anaesthesia 2021 Date- 16th October
It has been over 150 years since anaesthesia has been successfully being used and needless to say, it has come a long way since then. Anaesthesia has brought about a change in the world of medical care. There are many medical procedures, surgeries, and treatments that are not possible because of the different degrees of anaesthesia available now.
Anaesthesia is now not only helpful in the loss of consciousness of the patient but also helps in muscle relaxation. This in return helps the surgeons to perform their work more efficiently and quickly. Also, the administration of anaesthetics has become quite easier. Just putting a simple jab is enough for the job to be done. Surgeons can now render just a part of the body numb, the specific part that is to be operated on, without making the person lose all consciousness.
People today cannot imagine a world without anaesthetics that have made medical care so much easy and convenient. So many treatments would not be possible if there was not any pain-free or convenient way to perform surgery.
The discovery of anaesthesia has made it possible for patients to get the benefits of surgical treatment without knowing the pain. Anaesthesia is a state of controlled and temporary loss of sensation or awareness that is induced for medical purposes.
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations
- You will be provided with an online platform to prepare for the exam.
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class.
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties.
- One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes.
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers.
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.