Are you an aspiring MBA candidate looking for a challenging and prestigious entrance exam to further your career in management? If so, the Xavier Aptitude Test, commonly known as XAT, might be just the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. XAT is one of the most sought-after management entrance exams in India, and the XAT 2024 notification is expected to generate excitement and anticipation among thousands of MBA aspirants. In this blog, we will delve into the key highlights of XAT 2024, including the registration date, exam pattern, and syllabus.
XAT, conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur, is one of the most renowned national-level entrance exams for admission into various management programs across India. The exam is accepted by over 150 business schools, making it a vital gateway for candidates aiming to enter the world of business management. Here are the key highlights of XAT 2024:
XAT Notification 2024: Highlights
The XAT exam 2024 will be on the same lines as XAT 2023 in terms of the paper pattern. Given below is an overview of what the candidates can expect before they begin preparations for the XAT exam.
Xavier Aptitude Test
Mode of Exam
Medium of Exam
3 hours and 30 minutes
Part 1: Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Part 2: Mock Keyboard Testing
Part 3: General Knowledge and Essay Writing
XAT Application Form
XAT Notification 2024: Important Dates
According to the XAT 2024 official notification, registrations have started from 15 July 2023. Candidates can review the timeline for the XAT exam 2024.
|XAT Registration Date Starts
|15 July 2023
|XAT Registration Date Ends
|30 November 2023
|XAT Admit Card Release
|To be announced
|XAT Exam Date
|7 January 2024
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern:
Understanding the XAT exam pattern is crucial for effective preparation. Knowing the structure of the test will help you strategize and manage time efficiently during the actual examination. Here is the expected exam pattern for XAT 2024:
– Sections: XAT typically consists of four sections. They are: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
– Number of Questions: The number of questions in XAT may vary each year. On average, there are around 100-110 questions.
– Question Type: XAT includes both objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and subjective-type questions.
– Exam Duration: The total duration of XAT is usually 3 hours (180 minutes). Additionally, there might be an additional 20 minutes allotted for General Knowledge (GK) questions.
– Marking Scheme: XAT follows differential marking. Correct answers carry positive marks, while incorrect answers attract negative marks, making it essential to attempt questions wisely.
XAT 2024 Syllabus:
To perform well in XAT, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the syllabus. Although the XAT syllabus is not explicitly defined, based on previous years’ patterns, you can expect questions from the following topics:
– Verbal and Logical Ability: Reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar-based questions, critical reasoning, and inference-based questions.
– Decision Making: Analytical and logical reasoning, ethical dilemmas, and situational judgment questions.
– Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability, and data interpretation based on tables, graphs, and charts.
– General Knowledge: Current affairs, business and economics, politics, history, geography, awards, and sports-related questions.
XAT Eligibility Criteria
The XAT eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled by the candidates to appear for the exam. Here is the XAT eligibility for 2024 as per last year:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree that took three years or more to complete in any discipline from a recognized Institute.
- Candidates in the final are also eligible to appear for the XAT exam.
- The XAT exam does not require a minimum pass percentage.
- NRI students can apply through the GMAT exam.
If a candidate fulfills the given XAT eligibility requirements, they are welcome to apply and appear for the exam.
XAT Notification 2024: Registration Process
The examination will be held on 7 January 2024 in a single-day session. Here are the steps to register in advance for XAT Exam to avoid any last-minute hassle:
Instructions to Register
Visit XAT 2024 Official Website
New applicants should open the official website and click on “Register 2024”.
Register and Enter Your Personal Details
Fill in the required details and submit the form.
You will receive a verification email from XLRI.
Click on the link and you will be redirected to the Application form.
Fill in your details and scan the documents.
You will be required to fill in the following details
Keep all your documents handy and read the instructions carefully before scanning them.
Remit the application fee online and register successfully.
The registration fees can be paid online through credit/debit/UPI or Net banking.
After the payment, you can register for the exam successfully.
Download the application form and take a printout for future reference.
Ensure that you save the application form and print it. The enrolment ID mentioned on the form will help you download your XAT admit card later on.
XAT Admit Card
The XAT admit cards are anticipated to be accessible from the final week of December 2023 until the examination day. To obtain the XAT admit card, candidates should log in to the official website using their User ID and password. Upon successful login, navigate to the “Download Admit Card” section, and proceed to download the XAT admit card in PDF format. For convenience, it is advisable to print a hard copy of the document for future reference. The XAT admit card will encompass the following essential information:
- XAT ID
- Date of Birth
- Date of Test, Reporting Time and Gate Closure
- Exam Duration
- Test Centre address and test city
- Reference number and emergency contact number
- Candidate’s signature and photograph
- Supervisor s remarks and signature
- Instructions regarding XAT 2024
Selection Process After XAT 2024
All institutes that consider XAT scores as part of their admission process also conduct their own individual admission procedures and interview rounds. The admission process for XLRI Jamshedpur through XAT primarily involves three distinct steps as outlined below:
Step 1: Shortlisting Candidates To proceed to the subsequent admission rounds, candidates must meet the XAT cutoff criteria and get shortlisted.
Step 2: Group Discussion and Interview Shortlisted candidates will participate in a group discussion and interview round. These rounds will take place in various centers across different cities, and candidates will have the opportunity to select their preferred location.
Step 3: Final Selection The final selection of candidates will be based on a comprehensive evaluation that considers their XAT scores, performance in the group discussion and interview rounds, as well as their academic background, among other relevant criteria. Upon completion of this process, the list of successful candidates will be notified to fulfill the necessary formalities for enrollment.
As the XAT 2024 notification approaches, MBA aspirants are gearing up for intense preparation to crack this prestigious management entrance exam. With its challenging exam pattern and comprehensive syllabus, XAT aims to identify the best managerial talent in the country. So, if you have your eyes set on the top B-schools, get ready to put your best foot forward and conquer the XAT 2024.
Remember, success in XAT requires not only knowledge and intelligence but also strategic thinking and time management. So, start early, practice regularly, and stay updated with the latest notifications. Good luck on your journey to a successful MBA career!